TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 08, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real HW Beverly Hills: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 08, 2012 users admin

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Taylor's behavior was outragious this season. I cut her some slack because she was going through hell at home but enough already. I am still remembering that scene where she was crying and screaming, "I want to go home." in the bathroom and blaming Cameille for all her problems. Her lips looked like a cartoon duck. I also have not forgoten that over-the-top birthday party for a four-year old in season 1. No Taylor fan here.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Can someone help me with memory. The first season Taylor was involved in some sort of domestic abuse awareness thing, because I remember she got an award for it and Russell said something about hanging it in his office. I also remember her speech about abusive relationships from her childhood. Am I correct in this memory? It seems to me that she had more access to help get out of an abusive situation than most people, and many do have to struggle to get back on their feet.

I guess the hardest part for me is that she says she loved him, yet has already written a book about the situation. Honestly I think maybe if she had decided to do a book years after his death it wouldn't look so opportunistic, because by then the family could mourn, she could help her child cope and she herself would have time to mourn/heal. Then maybe I could see it as a possible way to reach women in abusive relationships, rather than cashing in.

I love Lisa. I don't get her relationship with her dog, but I would love to just hang out with her for a day :-) Kyle is full of herself, Brandy is interesting, I am not sure what I think of her yet. I do like that she owns up to her responsibility in disagreements. Adrienne disappointed me this season. The clip from part 1 showed her laughing when her cook was talking smack about Lisa, yet, she claimed she didn't know anything about it after the clip was shown.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Taylor's book comes down to the fact that Russell left her with a lot of financial responsibilities and Taylor needs money badly. Can't really blame her there. She has a daughter to support. But don't try to sell me a line about helping other women who've been abused. Just not buying it. Won't be buying the book either.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Taylor also mentioned she wrote the books because she had a lot of bills to pay. I think her answers changes depending on defensive she thinks her answer needs to be. She's not a well woman mentally.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Adrienne and Lisa's relationship doesn't look like one that is going to be quick to mend. Maybe Adrienne will like her new neighbor better. Taylor really does seem off-balanced to me. I'm sure she needs the money but I don't think this show is good for her at all. She likes to play the victim yet has one of the sharpest tongues around. Calling out Brandi for saying she would "kill" someone was ridiculous and then to try to shame her by bringing up the story about cutting her ex's tires was just as stupid. Hell, yeah, she cut his tires, so what? Taylor acts just a little too removed from reality. And I also thought it unnecessary to keep bringing up Leann Rimes' name. It was only meant to enrage her, I was glad to see she held her cool. I don't think I could stand to be in the same room with Taylor, she is creepy on so many levels, and I worry about her daughter. She never seems quite right either.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Well I guess that I am in the minority, I feel for Taylor. I do believe that she has very low self esteem and grew up in a house where her mother was abused and then married into the same thing. She has been emotionally through the wringer for years and it was just getting worse and my heart does go out to her. She acted mostly out of fear and I agree with Babyjax regarding writing the book for financial means and I also can't blame her for that either. Oh well that is just my ho.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Mistysmoke you are correct that she got some sort of award at that luncheon. It was the one where she didn't invite Lisa.

I have been wondering about that for a long time. It just seems odd that she would get an award and still be in an abusive relationship.

Taylor has really selective hearing, she always says that Lisa said I am not your friend, when in fact Lisa said I am not your CLOSEST friend. Everytime they played that clip on TV I wanted someone to correct Taylor.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Ditto, Dipo re: Taylor's selective hearing. I was inwardly shouting (didn't want the family to know how wrapped up I was in this...lol) "roll the tape! roll the tape!"
Another "roll tape" is about who said Kyle thrived on being the center of attention (paraphrased). I thought Brandi said it, not Lisa. Correct me if I'm wrong-I'm old and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)
Found it interesting that Dana hasn't been part of the reunions. She seemed like she was always trying too hard to be part of the gang, mainly Kyle's and Kim's world. As far as game night, I've had better family game nights with just a board game and popcorn; however, if the game is UNO, we get almost as violent as these women did. Cutthroat, I tell ya!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The award Taylor received at the luncheon that Lisa wasn't invited to was this season, not last season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bluejax, I think Dana will be on next week's show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't remember the award Taylor received this year was for her "abuse" work - I thought it was some sort of "achievement" award in business.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
ok, thanks I guess it just seemed so long ago :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
The award she got this season was for her association with BeautyTicket.com. The season one luncheon/fundraiser she spoke at was for her DV charity.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I am a doubter. I had an abuser in my life for many years and there's something about Taylor's manipulation over and over that makes me suspect she created Russell into a monster for a storyline. I think she's got a problem similiar to Kim's. The drinking and being out of control a few times was way over the top. The snap temper....there's more than she's saying. I'm regretfully not believing her. I think she's doing all domestic abuse victims a disservice by how she is protraying herself.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree Shenanagon.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rieann, didn't that season 1 thing for her have to do with abuse. I was pretty certain working with battered womens' shelter or something like that. I know that part of her speech was about how she came from an abusive homelife.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Dana is useless in this show.

I think Brandi's "I'll kill you" outburst was in response to an attack on her kids. The Richards sisters and Taylor are obviously jealous of her. They never gave her a chance.

Kim's multiple trips to the bathroom were not to drink alcohol. Who does she think she's kidding?

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I've been thinking about that and I wonder if Kim had a flask or two in her purse and she kept going to the bathroom to drink some more. She had water in the glass she was drinking from in front of everyone, I think.

I'm surprised at how differently I've viewed a lot of the situations and the women. I must be in la la land or something. LOL

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Alcohol is not Kim's only issue. She is CLEARLY a pill junkie. 100% NO doubt in my mind AT ALL. She has ALL the signs. If it was just alcohol everyone would not be asking what is wrong with her. They would be able to smell the booze on her

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I'm on the fence about Kim. I think a drug addict would be able to snort, inject, pop pills or whatever and be able to go for a longer period of time than an alcoholic who needs a swig of booze.

She sure appears to be into more than alcohol, but as I said, she frequents the bathroom so much that drinking could be her game. Thoughts?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree with Frogi... remember all the pills she told Dr. Paul she was taking when she was in her consult with him?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Rieann, didn't that season 1 thing for her have to do with abuse. I was pretty certain working with battered womens' shelter or something like that. I know that part of her speech was about how she came from an abusive homelife.

Dipo, yes, it was about abuse. I abbreviated DV for domestic violence.

That whole thing was odd looking back on it now.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lexie, I can't remember the pills she listed, but I have taken a few myself as I suffer from depression/anxiety. Do you remember what she listed? I think one was Klonopin and I used to take that. It can be dangerous if not taken as prescribed. I also think she said Topamax which is an anti-seizure medication I was given as a migraine preventative. It's nickname is "Stupimax" as you can really blank out when taking it. I would be at work and just check out staring at my computer screen. There's no doubt in my mind she was abusing pills as well as alcohol.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rieann, unfortunately, I don't remember all the pills Kim told Dr. Paul she was taking. I think you are right that one of them was Klonopin. I do remember him saying it was a dangerous mix.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
She had a slew of pills she mentioned and I recall thinking she was lucky she wasn't in a coma already.