TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grimm: Archive through February 26, 2012 users admin

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
How fun would this be! Calling all people in Portland:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46317246/ns/local_news-portland_or/

From MSN: NBC's 'Grimm' looking for Portland extras

PORTLAND – The NBC prime-time show “Grimm” needs extras and everyone in Portland is invited.

The show will be shooting episodes from January- April 2012 and needs all types of people for stand-ins, speaking and non-speaking extras.

To apply, send a blank email to Grimmextras@gmail.com, then follow the link to a form and send two photos with your profile.

The series is about a fictional Portland homicide detective named Nick Burkhardt who can see monsters from Grimm’s fairy tales. He's a descendant of the famed German story-telling brothers of the 19th century.

The show's producers say the lush, green Portland backdrop adds to the mystical setting.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Not too crazy about tonight's episode or last weeks. Maybe I'm just getting spoiled. It just seems like it's becoming less about story telling and more about how gory the monsters can be.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love this show. My favorite character is the reformed Blutbod.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Mine too Hummingbird!

Thought the reformed spider lady was funny when she said,"You young men are looking might tasty." or something to that affect. LOL

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I like the show and recognize most of the locations in Portland. One thing bothers me, every single week.

Okay, they captured the spider lady and had her in a jail cell. Why couldn't she just spew he venom on the jailer and get out of jail? Almost every episode, I wonder about this with the villian of the episode.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Kooklibird- Good point, you're right. And what about the spider daughter, she would need to start hunting men too in her 20's.

Anyone else recognize the main villain from Buffy the Vampire Slayer?

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
how would spewing venom on the jailer allow her to pass thru the bars?

i didnt like this episode as much as others. it didnt make sense to me. plus what was he supposed to do with the daughter and HOW is anyone going to explain why the prisoner is ageing by the minute?

another hole in the plot is why the husband was NOT much older then the wife. IF she has to feed every five years to stay young, explain why HE looks the same age. Not a word was explained as to what HE NEEDED to do.

hope the writing gets better. anyone besides me finding there to be TOO MANY weird critters out there?? its so unlikely

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Only the females kill, Sunshyne. Except for this one, the males don't live after mating.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
This show will be no fun if you try to explain it with logic.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I try to watch this show like I did when watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, not to overanalyze and just enjoy the ride.

I will give you how I would have filled those gaps with regards to the spider lady.

If she were to escape, she just needs spit on the guard, grab the keys unlock the door and do her fancy spider jumping/running and spit in the face of anyone on the way to blind them.

As for if she 'stayed' in jail and was aging. They would put her in the hospital to examine her and determine it's an 'unknown' disease. Going to the hospital will help her escape too.

The husband, well he didn't exactly look 'young' or as young as his wife so he probably just ages slowly and can live off of eating insects.

As for the daughter, I think the Grimm will keep an eye on her or maybe get her to become a 'reformed' one as she gets older.

There, how do you like my closure?!! hee hee

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
anyone besides me finding there to be TOO MANY weird critters out there??

And they ALL seem to live in Portland! This won't do much for the tourist trade. Or maybe it will. Loving the beautiful Portland scenery. So green!

You can't overthink this show or it won't be any fun. DH and I think Monroe (the blutbot) steals every scene he's in!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Yes! And they are hiding in plain site. Wheeeoooo! No wonder there are so many unsolved crimes. }

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I wish they had cast 'Monroe' as the cop...He would have brought that character to life. The actor that plays the cop is very flat, no charisma. I like the black cop and think he could carry the lead cop role.

I have loved 'Monroe' since Prison Break, he was an awesome charactter there too!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I like the detective and Monroe is a perfect blutbod. The black cop? Forgettable - sidekick role IMO. Maybe he will become more interesting if he ever figures out that his partner has special powers. Same goes for the girlfriend. I am hoping she is also a Grimm but doesn't know it yet.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
The actor that plays the cop is very flat, no charisma.

and his hair bugs me. In the first few episodes i thought it was a wig/ toupee

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
We're so picky, aren't we?

I didn't like the lead character (Grim) in the beginning but have grown to really like him in the roll.

Yes, I love Monroe because he reminds me of Spike from Buffy in how they bring the character in for a touch or humor.

Don't misunderstand me from my post above, this is still one of my favorite shows.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Anybody catch Grimm this week? It was on at 10 on Thursday night - past my bedtime.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch it Thursday because my tv guide said it was a rerun of the episode about the Ogre who broke out of prison. I believe that was the one where Nick was hospitalized with injuries, and Monroe ended up secretly saving Hank.

I enjoy this show. I do like Nick, Hank and, of course, Monroe.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Do you think the girlfriend is going to leave him? Surely she understands that now and then something might come up at work (for a homicide detective) that would have to take priority over an anniversary dinner. After all, he was fighting for his life and couldn't phone home.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yeah I thought she was strange at the end..he is a cop, surely this has happened before

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Yep - It didn't make sense to me that they had her all of a sudden react like that. Maybe she wants to leave the show?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the latest episode but in previous episodes she always seemed entirely reasonable and extremely supportive and likeable. I hate it when they change a character this way.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
It was interesting that the Priest was behind the evil. When the Captain went to the priest and asked for his 'wrath'. Next week looks like the it will centre around the Captain.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I kept expecting the Captain to show his "beast" face at least once this week....but never did. Newer audience members may not know he isn't human.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, I didn't watch either because I thought it was a repeat.

Can someone tell me what the girl friend did? TIA.