TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Americans

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Americans users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 13, 2013Maris25 03-13-13  4:55 pm
Archive through May 07, 2013Maris25 05-07-13  4:11 pm
Archive through March 20, 2014Rieann25 03-20-14  4:11 pm
Archive through October 20, 2014Rieann25 10-20-14  12:39 pm
Archive through April 03, 2015Uncle_ricky25 04-03-15  9:00 pm
Archive through March 17, 2016Mush25 03-17-16  11:43 am
Archive through May 05, 2016Marameko25 05-05-16  2:27 pm
Archive through May 26, 2016Reenie25 05-26-16  5:27 pm
Archive through March 01, 2017Kitt25 03-01-17  6:59 pm
Archive through May 30, 2018Sugar25 05-30-18  2:51 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I love your theory, Sugar - anything's possible. And I agree about Rhys getting robbed of the Emmy! Here's a nice big batch of theories (via the New York Times) of how people think the show will wrap up:

https://tinyurl.com/yc3bk399

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Uncle_ricky, I enjoyed the theories on the link. I do think Renew might be a Russian spy watching Stan so I liked the one saying she had taken care if him.

I will miss this show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good ending. I wanted to know what Paige would do next, and also wanted to know if Renee really was a spy, but other than that it was good to see a show have a proper conclusion, not just a stop.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh that ending! So satisfying! I cannot believe no one croaked! That scene on the train station platform...an instant classic. The only scene better than that was Stan in the garage. I held my breath for all five minutes of that scene. One of the very best shows of all time - how lucky we all were to have experienced it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought Stan was going to be shot, I didn't think he could shoot them, but I don't think Elizabeth would have hesitated if she thought he would take them in.

Yes, Paige leaving the train... but to do what? What was the house she went to with the frozen vodka, was it Claudia's?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Seeing Paige on the platform was stunning. I had the impression that she was in Claudia’s apartment.
I give the ending only a C+. This score was due to :
* Not knowing Renee’s status .Did she know about the Jennings ? We will never know ! Grrrrr
* What about poor Martha?
*What did Elizabeth say to the soldier at the toll booth ?

I did think that Elizabeth was gong to run over Stan with the car.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought Elizabeth and Philip got what they deserved. Living the rest of their lives having lost both of their children. The only one I felt bad for was Henry.

I am really going to miss this show :-(

eta: And yes, Paige was back in Claudia's apt. with the vodka.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hopefully Paige just wanted a new identity from Claudia, I'd hope she'd learned that otherwise she needs to keep away.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching the finale.
I am with you Uncle_ricky, those 2 scenes were great and I was surprised no one was killed. I admit to being a bit teary, poor Henry. We got to see Elizabeth actually caring about Henry as well.

And the Emmy goes to Matthew Rhys!!!

Can't wait for a reboot in a few years, lol.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Seeing Paige on the platform was stunning. I had the impression that she was in Claudia’s apartment.
I give the ending only a C+. This score was due to :
* Not knowing Renee’s status .Did she know about the Jennings ? We will never know ! Grrrrr
* What about poor Martha?
*What did Elizabeth say to the soldier at the toll booth ?

I did think that Elizabeth was gong to run over Stan with the car.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Renee was always a mystery and now Stan has to watch and wonder.

Martha's storyline was finished a couple seasons ago.

"Tell Gorby we're back"

Yes that was an apartment where Claudia would meet with Elizabeth & Paige. I doubt it was where she actually lived.

I was a bit surprised Elizabeth didn't put the pedal to the metal and run over Stan also.

Nobody had a happy ending, everyone was so sad.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I will miss this show. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the finale, it did leave me with some of the same questions posted above...
Martha?
Renee..KGB??
and . . .
Paige on the train platform...yes, stunning and a classic TV moment!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 31, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't get the fascination with what Elizabeth said to the guard. I just assumed it was a special message given to them long ago to prove who they are to get back into the country with no hassles.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
What didn’t happen in the finale....

No one died. NO ONE

Renee? Such a classic look, making you wonder

Why did Paige stay? I was sure she wanted to say good bye to Henry, and then would get caught...

What about the Russian the CIA is holding (forgetting his name) ..will he be tried? Will he make a deal? Be traded?

Stan never admitted/confessed to his friend letting the Jennings go...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 01, 2018 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The more I think about The Americans series finale, the more impressed and pleased I am with how the series ended.

I sincerely hope both Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell win Emmy Awards for outstanding acting in a drama series.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, June 05, 2018 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I thought Elizabeth's dream on the plane was odd. I was not surprised she dreamt about that woman's drawing, but the guy in bed, the smoking, that was strange to me.

I kept hoping at the final scene, we'd see them hold hands, but I don't think it happened.

At first I felt bad for Stan and also for Henry, but they will take care of each other.

A&E just did a show called The Plot Against America about Russian spies living amongst us as everyday folks. He talked a little about The Murphys - a seemingly typical American couple in NJ with two kids but they turned out to be part of a Russian sleeper cell. They were the inspiration for The Jennings and this show. They were arrested in 2010.

I have to admit there were times I felt dumb and couldn't follow the plot (LOL) but I will definitely miss this show.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 08, 2018 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought the dream was a bit odd at first, however, I suppose it was part of her goodbye to her American life. Thoughts of a guy she loved, the haunting (and ugly) paintings from her last assignment and a fading photo of her kids.

I also wanted to see some affection between them at the end, hands held or a hug but I think seeing them just stand there was perfect. They had been at odds in their marriage, lost both kids, fled the country that had been their home for most of their lives, realized they had been used and lied to by the Center... They know what they lost but not exactly what the future holds.

I will miss this show.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I wonder if "Clark" will ever search out Martha, now that he's back there. Of course, I assume not. I believe he's always loved Elizabeth (even when she didn't make it easy) 🙂

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, June 09, 2018 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
No, Clark/Philip is a decent person at his core. He had wanted to quit working for the Center for quite some while.
When Martha was being sent to Russia, Elizabeth told Philip to lie to her that he would see her again, giving Martha some hope, Philip couldn't do it. I think he was genuinely fond of Martha.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Wow! I just finished Season 2 of The Americans. What a show!!!

Egbok

07-13-2000

Sunday, June 10, 2018 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Glad you're liking it Rvon!

It's a great show and I'm going to miss it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: