TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 30, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Bates Motel: Archive through March 30, 2013 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
This is a new show from Carlton Cuse of 'Lost'. The show premieres on 3/18, but if you have Xfinity On Demand you can currently watch the first episode early.

It is about a teenage Norman Bates and his mother. It has a great cast led by Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore. This trailer for the show does a good job of explaining the concept...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkn5aEadrX4

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Forgot to add that the network is A&E.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow I hadn't heard anything about that. Doesn't Freddie look a lot like Anthony Perkins! Looks good, thanks for pointing it out.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just watched the first episode and enjoyed it. There is a great creepy vibe to the show. It looks like a winner if they keep it up!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I'm so looking forward to this. The set is just up the street from my work.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The premiere was really good. I think that is the prettiest I have ever seen Vera Farmiga.

Noellepv

03-04-2010

Saturday, March 09, 2013 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Noellepv a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the show, looking forward to more.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, March 16, 2013 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder that this premieres Monday at 10pm on A&E.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
On tonight! This looks really good. Vera Farmiga in particular looks like she's going to chew up the scenery.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 18, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
i'm going to watch it Rieann.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
<Spoilerish!>

Not as good as I thought it would be. The writing was more predictable that I hoped for--the suspicious sheriff showing up out of the blue, dumping the man's body in the water--that's obviously going to be a problem later on. Also, the fact that Norman was immediately "adopted" by a group of popular girls in a convertible who then randomly come and get him for a party. It doesn't make any sense. I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop and have them play a horrible prank on him or something.

A bit disappointed with the writing to be honest. Could be so much better. Also the rape scene was more than a little gratuitious. They didn't need to show that much or go that far.

So far the mother character is an interesting but not very clever psychopath.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It could never be as good as the original. That was one scary movie.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was as good as I hoped it would be. I do like the lead actors but the storyline was just so-so. Maybe it will heat up as time goes on.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
My 18 year old son loved it. I thought it was ok-Ill give it a few more weeks.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I liked it a lot. I think it'll get really interesting once we start meeting more of the town's characters and learning some of their dark secrets.

I've read in several places that the town they moved to (in order to get a fresh start) is populated with a lot of people as twisted as Norman and his mother, Norma. So far they have only met the cops, the girls, and the ex-owner/rapist.....and none of them seem quite "right".

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed that they didn't bombard us with too many sub plots right away in the first ep.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Who woulda thunk that the kid from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Willa Wonka remake with Johnny Depp) could pull off the creepy role of a teenaged Norman Bates?

This show gets better every episode. Of course, there have only been two episodes but that second one was a real doozy!

2005_charlie_and_the_chocolate_factory_045
"Norman Bates" with the Golden Ticket....

(image from: http://bkbn.net/profiles/blogs/freddie-highmore-joins-the-cast-of-a-e-s-bates-motel)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Freddie plays him so sweetly that I am going to be really sad when he turns into the Norman Bates we all know.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Another good episode imo. I like that they put these creepy characters smack dab in the middle of "Creepyville" (although, it looks like a charming seaside town).

Loved Norma with her Swiffer! I was thinking she was going to come downstairs and take out Dylan while Herb Alpert sweetly sung in the background.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Could some one please explain to me the ending when she is driving through town? I played it back three times and I still couldn't figure it out.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
There was a guy hanging there on fire. I took it as the "retribution" the deputy told Norma would be coming on behalf of the man who was set on fire at the beginning of the episode.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Rieann, that's what I thought, but my mind just couldn't wrap around that sight!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In a million years I would have never guessed a plot line having something to do with illegal drug trafficking. Or at least on such a big scale.

I am going to feel really bad if the girl with CF ends up killed. They are making us like her too much, so I feel like they are bound to "off" her.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wasn't expecting anything like the man on fire, I like creepy but was a bit taken aback by that turn!

I think Freddie Highmore really looks like Anthony Perkins, or at least gives off a very Perkins air. When he basically tried to kill his brother this last episode it suddenly occurred to me that the character who is kind of the "hero" of the show is actually going to be the bad guy, and it's going to be very weird rooting for him while watching him turn into a psycho.

And the mother-son dynamic, and the brother who keeps pointing out that she's bad for Norman... it all goes against how we want the show to go as we'd typically expect the wayward brother to be the bad guy, not the sane one.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, March 30, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I find it too slow moving.