TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Crossing Lines

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Crossing Lines users admin

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else watch last night??

I really enjoyed it, I love anything William Fichtner does though!! I like the diverse cast too!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have it recorded. Nice to hear that you think it's good!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Yes! Of course I did! I, too, was very excited WF has a new show. He did not disappoint either. :-)

However, and I'm sure I'm biased, I thought he overshadowed the rest of the cast. The other characters did not come to life for me (at least not last night), but I think they will as things progress.

I enjoyed the show. I'm perfectly happy to keep watching for the rest of the summer.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Oh I so agree Whrlwnd! He's the main reason I even watched!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I had posted this in another thread on new premieres . . . .

I liked Crossing Lines for the first hour but then felt like the writing suddenly turned very bad in the last 30 minutes. The French officer who was kidnapped didn't seem to know how to fight back at all. She seems more like a nun then a police officer in her actions.

Then when the Irish guy and the woman from Scotland Yard had problems, he seemed to have no way to call anyone else other then to just yell. Really? No phones - No walkie-talkies? And then the main guy's gun doesn't work when he finally finds the bad guy. How incompetent did these people look in that last half hour?!

I love William Fichtner and want this show to work. Maybe the writers can make sure to put full effort into this series. They obviously have a good cast so get writing to match.

PS - If they were in Paris, why did all the officers have on jackets that said "Police" - in English?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"PS - If they were in Paris, why did all the officers have on jackets that said "Police" - in English?"

According to this web site, the French word for police is......police.

http://french.about.com/od/vocabulary/g/police.htm

I did notice that the guy who was holding the blonde woman who died was wearing a headset and there was a small mic coming from his left to very near his mouth....it was one of those mics that you might see on a lot of performers when they're on stage.

I got this image by taking a photo of the screen:

headset

----------------

Edited to add - I just realized how creepy this picture is! To anyone that might be wondering....yes, that woman's head is still attached to her body! :-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I really liked this show. I expected another run of the mill police drama but with the international cast and locations, it was a whole lot better than I expected. I also liked the fact that I only recognized a couple of the actors...that made it feel a lot fresher to me.

(As for locations, I don't know if any of it was actually filmed in Europe, but it sure looked like it was......whether that was the location or green screen, they did an excellent job of giving it a different look than most police dramas have.)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed it - and disagree about Anne-Marie not fighting back - I NEVER will degrade anyone's actions/inactions when being attacked.. she was ambushed, tied up, and abused the whole time... she DID fight back when she had a chance, by not doing what the man wanted...

and lets not forgot that Hickman (?) had borrowed that gun at the scene, so he wouldn't know it might not work....

I like the backstories - and the fact that they are with the ICC and not some fictional international group

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Enjoy the show.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I liked the show also but I had a problem with some of the accents! Maybe it's only me. I'll keep watching though.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Muffin, I had the same problem! I did like the show, though.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 - 3:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I'm bummed. :-( Next week is the season finale already. It seems like it went so fast.

I'm not sure how it's been doing in the ratings, but I've been enjoying it every week. I hope NBC keeps it.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Muffin and Mak1 me too! The accents, the mumbling, and the music all make it difficult to understand what they are saying.

Whew...glad I am not the only one.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I have been in Crossing Lines withdrawal, even with shows like the Blacklist and Scandal and Elementary on TV - so I looked it up on Wikipedia and it appears a second season is in the works over in France - they ordered 12 episodes (the first season was just 10) so I HIPE NBC brings it back here when it finishes filming and plays in Europe!!! This may be a Downton Abbey or Friday Night Lights type of show where we just have to wait for it to initially air before getting it on network TV.

Buba1113

07-20-2009

Thursday, January 14, 2016 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Buba1113 a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if or when season 3 will be put on Netflix?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: