TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Reign

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Reign users admin

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Thursday, October 17, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Great new show! Hope it continues this way

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I tripped over it while channel hopping and caught the last half hour. Better than expected, and will probably watch again. But was irritated by the 'modern' music they were dancing to. A period show requires accurate music.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Mame, not sure the clothes were what I'd call period clothes either but I tried to overlook those things

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I liked it, too, But you are both right - it's one of those shows where you will have to overlook historic inaccuracies. Much of the clothing was wrong as well as most of the characters lives.
I didn't really care, though. Still found it interesting and fun to watch.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else not recognize Anne of Green Gables (Megan Follows) as Catherine? I knew she seemed familiar, but did not recognize her at all.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
What is it about and what channel is it on?

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Treasure - It's about a teen-aged Mary, Queen of Scots, who has returned to France and is engaged to the future king, Francis. It's on the CW.

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
It's been billed as a "teenage drama"!!!

Catfat

02-27-2002

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Holly, that sounds about right. I was going to say Barbara Cartland. The costumes irritated me more than anything. The dresses looked like 1950's prom dresses.
I'm out.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, I saw a review saying Reign was teen angst in the coming of age story about Mary Queen of Scots. Sounded to me like 90210 without iPhones, but with castles. I didn't bother checking it out because it sounds like a million other shows on the CW.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, October 18, 2013 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I liked it despite the historic inaccuracies. I wondered if it was being done intentionally.

Scout

01-19-2005

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Smokey - I read somewhere that they think the designer must definitely be doing it intentionally. Apparently, she had three gowns from three different centuries all in the same scene.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's supposed to be a cross of Gossip Girl meets Game of Thrones. Once again, it's entertainment, not a documentary. They're using the modern music much like they did in Marie Antoinette (I actually enjoyed that movie). It's for fun, not history. Haven't watched it yet, but it's on my DVR. So much TV, so little time!

Here's a review from EOnline. They loved it:

http://www.eonline.com/news/456506/5-fall-shows-we-love-we-kneel-before-the-cw-s-reign

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Sunday, October 20, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I just thought it would kinda be better than what it was. I liked the story line, I don't mind that the history is not actually correct. The music really didn't bother me much either.

But the clothing. That really, really bothered me for some reason.

I will give it a shot, it's in my dvr and not competing with anything else at this time. Good time killing, vegging out kinda show.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It's a bit like the Marie Antoinette movie with the rock music... (although I really liked that movie).

If this is meant for teenagers I may stop watching...

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I see a lot of you gave up on this show. But actually it's not that bad. If you liked the Tudors series, well, this could be a bit of a sequel, since it's happening not too long after that time and could provide a good continuation of the period. If you can forget about the modern music and some of the costumes (that look more red carpet gowns) you'll like the fact that the historical moment was incredibly fast paced and will see the main character (Queen Mary of Scotland) going towards a very tragic future inspite of her nicer times in France. Now I don't know how accurate the setting is because Mary married Francis when she was 15 and he was 14 so that scene where he kills the Portuguese must put him at around 13, wow, so young and already killing... Mmmm. Henri II should die soon enough during that tournament and he was only 40 yrs old, leaving the Italian Woman Caterina de Medici as the terrible Queen Mother to deal with the awful religious wars. Only 17 months after his father dies Francis dies Mary has to return to Scotland where she will have a tragic marriage and the fateful incarceration in England.
So you may see young people in Reign dancing and in love and a fair amount of violence but it was of course of short duration because they will end most tragically.

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
I love this show and have been trying to put it in the actual timeline. Thanks for the above.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, I don't know what this show has but there are at least 3 tv channels competing to air the opener of Season 3 !!! I thought Season 3 was starting tonight and another channel airing it tomorrow, then, by chance, I noticed another channel was airing it on Thursday, wow! And so I taped it and watched it this morning.
Why 3 different tv channels are competing for this show! Amazing!! Nothing to do with Eastern time or Western times, these are 3 different tv channels airing it in 3 different days!

Do you know of any other show for which 3 channels want to air it?? Okay one is the music channel, doing for young people I guess, the other is the Echannel (entertainment) and the other one is American I think that air a lot of shows for younger viewers, Next Top Model, Beauty and the Beast, The 100, Arrow, ect.

So, if you liked this show the third season seem a continuation of the same story which in real life didn't really last this long, Francis would be dead already and Mary already in Scotland and her young life soon turning into hell on earth.
But you may have fun seeing Caterina de Medici put in the cage with the tiger... I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with the real story. Oh well, have fun!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I just discovered another channel picked up this show, all airing on different days. I can't remember another show tv channels are so eager to air.

It's amazing the interest here doesn't reflect the tv channels interest on this show.

But for those who are watching, don't despair, history will not be forgotten and Francis will eventually die although in real life it took much less time.

I'm also glad to see that they're including a lot of events happening in England and this makes me think that after Francis dies they will have plenty of romance still going with Mary's new husband and 'lovers', real or invented, in Scotland and Elisabeth and Catherine finally masters of their realms.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: