TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Bates Motel: Archive through March 03, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying this show, a lot.

I wish they would be clear about what he is hallucinating. They seem to be leaving us to guess at some of it. Because I am sure Norman's midnight lovemaking session with the most popular girl in school had to be in his head. I even think part of his encounters with his brother are in his head.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And to add to my post above....Plus, they made it seem like the basement girl was in his head, but then again, she may not have been.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I am wondering too if he killed his father (stepfather?)as well as the former owner of the hotel? Maybe the reason "mother" wants to keep him so close is to protect him from doing harm to others.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For some reason we hadn't watched last week's episode and didn't see it until last night, now I'm desperately waiting for hubby to get home to see this week's episode!

I'm also not sure about what is real and what isn't. Again not having seen this week's episode yet, the girl in the basement seemed like an hallucination, but the room seems to exist (which is very weird in itself) because in the "next on" his mother is in the room. There was also a scene where he was speaking to his mother (can't remember what was said) and from one angle she was there and from the other she wasn't. I'll have to pay more attention because I have a bad habit of listening to shows but not actually watching them fully.

I also think he killed his stepfather.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The only reason I think it is questionable about the girl in the basement being a hallucination is because I think the cop did have enough time to clean out that room and relocate the girl before the next time Norma(mom) came over. He had enough clues that someone had been there in his home snooping. The biggest one being his dog was locked in a room.

They let us know straight out that the talk with his mom was a hallucination, but that's the only time we knew for sure.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I agree, Naja. The convo with Norma was a hallucination, but the girl was most most likely real. Deputy Shelby is creepy.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The mother definitely killed the former owner. He could have possibly killed his father.

I am also wondering about the relationship between mother and the first son.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I never thought there was a question about his mom killing the old owner. But there is definitely a question now whether Norman killed his dad. I mean since we learned he has hallucinations.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Or does he? Hmmmmmm......

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Saw the episode and I think the girl was real, too much detail and story around it for it to be an hallucination. I think the love making was real too, although perhaps a bit (lot) out of character.

I don't like the "pretty" Deputy one bit. Seems creepier than Norman.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh, I think the girl is real....I just think the midnight booty call may not be real.

eta (or whatever time of night it was, it was late)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm getting confused about which "girl" we're talking about, I think the Asian girl in the dungeon (now moved) is real. The text from the high school girl is real, and right now I think that the booty call part of it is real, although it looks like they might start the next episode with that so we'll find out more then.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I think booty call girl is real, but the actual booty call was a hallucination. I mean the girl is real and she is friends with Norman, but past that I think he is dreaming. I didn't watch the previews for next week, so I don't have more info to think otherwise yet.

And, I think Asian girl is real, and the deputy had enough time to clean up the place before Norman's mom went to look for herself.

That's what I am guessing :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, I think they still left things confusing about booty call girl, Bradley. No replies to his loving messages and texts. I'm still leaning toward the night being in his head. I watched twice and just can't see anything yet to confirm either way. Did you guys see anything to confirm either way that I could have missed?

I think there's no doubt at this point that the Asian girl is real. That part was upsetting, almost sickening. I was aggravated with Norma being so harsh with her.

When the drug guy got shot in the neck, I was not expecting that at all. I think it showed Norman's brother is a good person by how he reacted to the situation.

So many things happened this episode, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I can't believe I haven't lost interest yet.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was probably real, because if it wasn't, where was he all night? They did make sure he had no interaction with her though, by stopping him actually waking her up to say goodbye.

In Psycho (movie), did Norman hallucinate things other than his mother? It's been years since I've seen it, but I wondered if it actually only had hallucinations about his mother.

I wonder what you'd do, in a small town, if the sheriff was the bad guy. Who would you call?

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
At first I thought it had to be real, but after this last episode, now I'm not sure. The way he didn't actually touch her when he left seemed like it meant something and the fact that she never called him back. Maybe he went there and they only talked and he hallucinated the rest, or maybe it really did happen.

The premise of the whole town being in on the drug growing thing seems a little strange. Especially since only some of them profit by it. I would think someone would have blown the whistle on them to the FBI or any law enforcement besides their own. Then again, considering what they do to anyone who crosses them, I guess everyone might be afraid to.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, they really messed with me this last ep....LOL First they show Norman fantasizing about the girl, and then after what felt like pulling teeth, she finally says they did sleep together.

Poor Norman had such a bad day. His girl dumps him and his dog is run over. I think this day is what irreversibly sends him into insanity.

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
It broke my heart when he was saying he killed his dog. Dang he has no luck :-(

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, May 02, 2013 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Naja, I thought the same thing about his descent into madness. He said something about making sure he'd have his dog forever, I thought "that's how he gets into taxidermy!"
I kept expecting to hear/see more about the Sheriff sweeping everything under the rug, but it'll probably surface when I least expect it.
Really enjoying this show. So far, all of the actors have impressed me. They're all just a teeny bit off.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
This show ended up being such a surprise. I didn't really think I even cared to watch it, but one day had nothing to watch, so caught up on the first couple of episodes online and have been hooked ever since.
The actors are just amazing. Vera Farmiga deserves an Emmy nomination. She brings out so many complexities and feelings as Norma.

The ending was great. Did Norman have another of his blackouts and kill, or did the guy (boyfriend?) the teacher was yelling at kill her? Or someone else?
Loved the part where the sheriff shot Abernathy and then told Norma she could go home and up she immediately popped up from her hiding place with the funniest look on her face.

Wonder if next season they plan to delve more into Norma's past?
Anyone know when it starts again?

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I have all but episode 1 saved on my DVR (decided to start recording when they were replaying the season). But for some reason they didn't include episode 1. It's not on On Demand either. Where can I watch online without having to pay a fee, sign up for an "introductory offer" thing, or whatever. I don't want to sign my life an personal information away to these sites just to watch one episode. LOL.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Norma and Norman are back for season two at 9pm tonight!

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Yay! Can't wait.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks for the reminder!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yay! I just realized we still have the east coast HD feed for A&E...so I can catch Bates Motel at 6pm! That makes obsessive tv watching a lot easier.

Hmmmmm.....come to think of it, that's probably a bad thing.