TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 27, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Bates Motel: Archive through March 27, 2014 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am the same way, Sanfran. I am so glad A&E hasn't changed from east coast time yet.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're saying "yet" and that's making me nervous! Have they announced that some channels are going to switch to pacific time?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Anyone know what "Bates Motel: After Hours" is about? It has no show description. TIA. Is it like "Talking Dead?"

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, we've had a few here in the bay area that switched like TLC and Bravo. We used to have them in east coast time too.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is that Comcast? My Bravo is still on ET (DirecTV Bay Area). I'd hate them to change, I don't think I would be able to record all my shows if I didn't have some of them starting at 6 or 7pm.

Yep, Karuuna, After Hours is like Talking Dead.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"You're saying "yet" and that's making me nervous! Have they announced that some channels are going to switch to pacific time?"

Most of them already have! The HD channels for USA, TNT, TBS, SCIFI (before they changed it to Syfy), MTV, and a bunch more used to be the east coast feeds but not any more.

This has been happening gradually over the past several years...but they never "announced" it or anything...it started one day when my TIVO told me that this or that channel has been changed from (for example - USAHD has been deleted and USAHDP has been added).

When it started, I called Comcast and they told me that eventually they'll ALL change to west coast feeds (on the west coast).

Btw, I'm talking about the HD channels only. The analog A&E channel is already just the west coat feed....and the programming on it airs 3 hours later than the HD channel.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 03, 2014 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's a bit crappy. So far I have noticed any of that happening with DirecTV, analogue or digital (although I have the analogue channels hidden, so it might have changed on there). You should complain and say how it limits your viewing and you're considering switching to DirecTV!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That was really an excellent first episode for the season! I am still sitting here a little stunned about Bradley. I really wasn't expecting her to go that far. Wow.

And about the After Hours show....I rolled my eyes when I realized whom they chose as the host. Carrie Keagan has always been terrible when she doesn't have a script and has to work off the cuff. She doesn't have the wit for this.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
^ throwing up a "not" to put between the "so far I have" and "noticed any of that" in my previous post!

I think Bradley snapped back when she attempted suicide, so she might now be capable of anything.

I really wanted Norma to mention the dead body hanging on fire in the town and and mysterious deaths when she was in that town hall meeting. It was all as little Stepford!

I didn't watch the After Hours show, and didn't recognise the host. I think a show has to be really exciting with a lot of different things to talk about to do well with an after show, not enough happens in these dramas for people to get enthusiastic about, and it's the enthusiasm that makes a show work.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Wow, Bradley. Just wow. Wasn't expecting that. I didn't stay up for after hours. Could not hold my eyes open.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Carrie Keagan used to be a fixture over at VH1. She did a whole bunch of things over there. She did a morning show, and hosted all those themed video special shows like "One Hit Wonders" and 80s Hits, etc.

I knew I couldn't be the only one that thought she did horrible. The comments section on this article pretty much sums up her performance.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/03/bates-motel-after-hours-would-you-tune-in-weekly.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One thing I hadn't realized before is that the actor who plays Norman is English. So when he started talking with his English accent on the after show, I was completely caught off guard.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I didn't know that either Naja.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did you see the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp? Norman was Charlie in that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
He was so cute in that movie! He was so young back then (9 years ago), that I would have never put it together if you hadn't mentioned it, Kitt..

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 12:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After noticing it wasn't in the listings for tonight or next week, I thought for sure the Bates after show had been canceled after one episode because it was so bad (Because of the host). But I was reading articles more closely and I see it was a one time show thing that may or may not happen again in the future. It was never meant to be weekly.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Good episode last night. Totally saw that coming.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The first thing I thought was wow, they sure look alike.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, March 18, 2014 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Me too Naja.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whose house was on fire at the end? The Sheriff's house?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Never mind. I got it. I rewound and at one point one of the cops tells the sheriff he better get home, and when he does, he sees his house on fire.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Norman thinking he's Norma... he's getting there!

What has Michael Vartan done to his face?!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What do you mean, Kitt?

eta ( I mean about Vartan)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Doesn't he look all weird and inanimate to you? I googled him and bad plastic surgery and thought a lot of things would pop up, but there wasn't anything. At the very least he's overdone the botox. Or maybe it's because we've been watching old Alias, but it seems more than an age difference.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know, Kitt. He seemed pretty much normal to me except maybe a little thinner. I had seen him on a couple daytime talk shows before the episode aired, and he looked ok there, too. I just looked at the scene where drops off Norma after their date, and his forehead crinkles up like normal with expression.

But then again my only reference really is his movie "Never Benn Kissed" (I have never seen Alias) and I didn't think it was that drastic of change. Cute as ever.