TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 12, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through June 12, 2014 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lester has gone full Walter White! LOL
Key and Peele were hilarious.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm going to have to re watch a couple of episodes. I'm usually pre occupied so I'm lost on a couple of things. I wonder if this story continues next season? It seems eventually Billy Bob and Lester will be caught. I wonder if it will be like American Horror Story where the actors are re cycled as new characters. I just don't see how they can stretch out the same story line for another season.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Who are Kay and Peele? Characters from another show?

I don't discuss the show here, but every week I keep thinking how sad I'll be when the series ends. It's just so creates be, funny, and well done. The director of last night's show was so creative with some of those camera angles!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh, Tishala dear, you must check out their show on Comedy Central! The one bit that's not to be missed is Peele as calm Barack Obama and Key as angry Barack Obama - it's one of their signature routines.

Their partnership goes back a few years when they teamed up after discovering they both had bi-racial backgrounds.

http://www.cc.com/shows/key-and-peele

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
oops, edit delete.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I could have sworn in the first showing, ep before last, that Molly had shot Malvo! Wow, that was a twist. In the replay they showed, she turned and shot someone else....who turned out to be the deaf guy. That part caught me by surprise.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm a little confused about something. Last week, the grocery store king went and buried the blackmail money at the fence alongside the road. What happened to him? They didn't show anything this week about his father and son dying in that car accident because of the flying fish. Did Malvo leave town without getting the blackmail money? He went to a lot of trouble to make sure he wouldn't have to split the money with the trainer.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
More than likely Malvo will go back to get it later, Lexie. He had the more pressing matter of killing the organized crime guys in Fargo (before they got around to killing him first). Now that he's done that, the next episode should feature him going to fetch the loot.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep, Malvo left town. No, we didn't see anything on the grocery store guy, but I'm sure Malvo will return to make his life even worse than it is now.

The lady cop should have had a vest on! So glad she's okay.

From an interview I saw with Billy Bob, what I gather is that this is a one time thing. This is like a mini series and will have a start and ending and that will be it for him. No season 2. I like this concept. You know it's a known quantity and they won't pull the rug out midseason and cancel it, also we shouldn't be left hanging at the end of the season expecting a part 2 (think Under the Dome).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 30, 2014 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks y'all. I was so confused. I kept thinking I missed something.

Oregonguy

02-12-2006

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oregonguy a private message Print Post    
What i read awhile back somewhere, is that if there is more seasons it will be with different casts each season. So this cast wouldnt roll over into a season 2 if there is one. Whole new cast and storyline

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Was it me or was that kind of a boring episode? I think there are only two episodes left.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
It did drag a tiny bit, I agree. But the scene where Mrs. Hess (with nitwit sons in tow) storms into Lester's office and screeches, "I let you c_me inside me!!!" made me laugh my head off, along with Lester stapling the foreheads of the brothers Hess -- too hysterical. That Kate Walsh has been just marvelous as Mrs. Hess.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I honestly thought I'd missed part of the show because it seemed so meh. Mostly. The scene with Mrs Hess and the new, debonair Lester in Las Vegas was hilarious, though. And I continue to be impressed with how creativity the shows have been directed and sound edited.

Next week will be a horror for the ages: Malvo as a dentist. I shuddered from the previews alone.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Well, Lester has turned into quite the ladies man hasn't he??? The scene with Kate Walsh and the dopey sons had me screaming laughing.

Molly is still on the case though...she is not giving up!

The preview with Malvo as a dentist hurt my mouth just watching it!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Lester, Lester, Lester! First he was a cocky idiot in Vegas and then he sends his wife into the office as a decoy.

I didn't see next week's preview, but I'm sure it's not looking good for ole Les.

Malvo cracked me up scaring the little kids at Lester's old house. BBT is good at being psycho.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That elevator scene was just outrageous. Loved every second of it! "Are you sure you want to do this, Lester?" It's been a smorgasbord of shocking moments all season long -- tasty, tasty, tasty.

Now that the final eppy is coming up, I feel the same type of sadness coming on that I felt just before the "Breaking Bad" finale.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I did not see the elevator scene coming....it seems the Dentist was the person he was supposedly after. Still need to finish watching last night's episode.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I think Malvo was after the brother of the dentist,who was in the witness protection program. They were to clandestinely meet him the next day. That's the reason Malvo got close to the dentist.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Malvo said when he killed the dentist that he was giving up the $100K payout for killing the brother. Even by Malvo's standards, that triple killing in the elevator was cold blooded. Even more cold blooded? Lester sending his wife into the insurance company, with the hood on her parka up, to get the passport and money. I've always felt Lester was just some sort of hapless bumbler who fell into murder; last night proved him to be a real sociopath, much like Malvo, who gets others to do his dirty work for him. And for the first time, I hoped that the series would end with Lester taking a bullet from.....I don't really care who.

It was nice to see deputy Molly get the recognition from the FBI and the sheriff look like the dolt he is.

It also only occurred to me last night how quietly effective Colin Hanks has been on the show. It's not a showy role like many of the others, but he's very much the emotional glue that holds it together. He's really quite a fine actor.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Lester seems to have followed the footsteps of Walter White down the rabbit hole of evil.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
There were some OMG! scenes in this episode but the one scene that unsettled me was when Malvo stopped at Lou's Cafe for pie and decaf coffee. I was drawn into the intensity of that scene and really was scared for Lou. And the end of that scene was done so well, that I felt this sense of relief sweep over me and smiled at it all.

I look forward to the finale but I will miss this show.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lester has gone down the Walter White rabbit hole of evil. When he sent his wife into his office, I was saying "Lester, Lester, Lester".

The elevator scene was shocking, and the café scene was intense.

I wonder what the writers have in store for Lester?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was on the edge of my seat too Egbok -- very tense scene I kept thinking Lou could see the evil lurking in Malvo and was hoping it wouldn't end badly.

I agree Tishala that Hanks has been very good in this role and thank goodness for that! I can wipe his role in Dexter out of my mind and move on -- he's so likable and understated here.

Can't believe we have just one more episode.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I was thinking that Lester thought Malvo would approach the building from outside and Lester would shoot him then. Maybe I'm wrong?