TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Tyrant

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Tyrant users admin

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I have this recorded but haven't got to watch it yet. Anyone have any comments on it so far?

Alwill

04-08-2006

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwill a private message Print Post    
I like it, it's something that hasn't been done before. The wife is an idiot but everyone else seems interesting.

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
poor acting and not up to FXs usual standards, the acting almost makes the tyrany laughable, maybe not laughable but not believable. Really wanted to like the main guy but can't because of he and his wife's exchanges after 19 years of marriage you don't know what happened to him in his past or at least have some clue, really! Really liked the premise of the show too, but afraid I will not be able to move on with the show due to the deficient acting

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm definitely going to wait it out to see Barry/Bassam's son get cozy with the guy who handles the family's security detail. The goo-goo eyes they've been giving one another can only lead to: steamy sex! scandal! deportation! etc., etc.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I had commented under "Premieres of scripted shows" . . . I was not thrilled at all with the first episode.

I think the son's steamy scandal will lead to losing his head literally. I predict the daughter will either be raped or turned into a terrorist and I predict the idiot mother at that point will finally get a clue and then blame it all on the father.

I'll check out this thread on occasion to see how far off I am.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
uncle ricky...
i you want goo goo eyes you should be watching halt and catch fire.
yes, you should

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I've heard H&CF was really good, yes. Unfortunately, I missed the first couple of eppys, so I'll have to wait until the whole thing comes out on DVD or Netflix. (I hate to tune in "mid-stream"). But thanks for the endorsement!

Dovez

08-27-2005

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
hmmm.
can't you get reruns?

(i am sad for you. it is complex and the main character is phenomenal.)

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, July 02, 2014 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Maybe I can track them down at the AMC website. Worst case I'll catch in on DVD or Netflix!

Chieko

11-20-2003

Thursday, July 03, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Well, I agree, the relationship between Basaam and his wife is not very believable.

Libshea

08-31-2006

Friday, July 04, 2014 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Libshea a private message Print Post    
Just watched the 2 episodes today and so far I am really enjoying it. I am a huge fan of Jennifer Finnigan (since her first days on the Bold & the Beautiful) and hope this series actually lasts for her because nothing she has been on during prime time has to date. I also love her o screen husband (Adam Rayner). The supporting cast seems pretty strong, too. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 5:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In the last episode, it seemed like Barry's wife Molly enjoyed her little brush with power just a little too much. I'm talking about the ambulance scene where she used her last name to demand the ambulance take the man to the hospital.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Looks like Tyrant starts season 2 tonight!

Frankly, I was surprised it was renewed...it didn't seem to garner much interest last year.

I do have some issues with this show, but for some reason I find myself looking forward to it. I know the characters don't always seem to react like people would in real life (the wife especially) but it still has my interest.

I want to know what happens after that surprise turnaround at the end of season one.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: