TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Extant

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Extant users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 27, 2014Strategist25 07-27-14  8:10 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
From this week onwards (Wednesday) the show will be on at 10pm not 9pm. Might be worth manually checking any season pass recordings as there isn't much warning for the change.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up, Kitt.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She is gorgeous and she never seems to age.

My thoughts exactly! I just wish she'd get that hair out of her eyes! (I sound like my mother!) I think Halle's 47 and she just had a baby herself not long ago!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 5:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It was moved to an hour later because the show isn't doing so well.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Looks like she's having/had a laserian section

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
:-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My DVR refused to record this show last night, even though I programmed it in three times. Not sure what was up with that.

I'll have to catch it on On Demand I guess.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I felt awful when the little boy got knocked out by "whoever". So I think I am "into" the show. Sorry to hear it's not doing well.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I watched this show when it came on at 9:00. Now that they have changed the time to 10:00 I don't watch it. I would rather watch Brooklyn Taxi. Both shows are rather unrealistic IMO. LOL

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It's getting to be a bit much not knowing what's going on. I'm getting close to giving up.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness time table don't mean any much anymore, I taped the show and watched it only last night, just before watching Crossbones.
Yes, the show is progressing very nicely, the kid doesn't bother me so much any more (isn't he the same kid in Invasion, the one who gets bad like the rest, I just disliked that kid so much and maybe he reminds me of that one).
If the ultrasound showed a real baby in the womb why are circles forming and why they prepare her to danger and then why is her former boyfriend so menacing at times and doesn't seem to me that loving... very intriguing.
They're opening her womb maybe to test the baby but they would leave it grow, otherwise what's the big deal of the pregnancy if they kill it...

Anyway, this show got my attention allright!!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, August 02, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Hope the show lasts.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 03, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think whatever is growing in her womb has something to do with the president of that tech company who only has so much time to live. Wasn't it in the first show that he stuck his finger in some machine and it said, "Expected lifespan: 92 days" or something like that? So confused, but I'm still intrigued.

I'm with you, Spunky. We never watch anything live anymore, so I don't care what time it comes on. We just got around to watching it last night too.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I didn't see that coming with Julie's legs. That was awesome.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Yes. Interesting about the legs. The story line is getting quite exciting with the husband and wife working together against the establishment.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Has anyone else noticed how much 'Julie' sounds like her mom Meryl Streep?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been wondering who she looks like for ages but hadn't bothered to look her up! She looks so much like her too!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 18, 2014 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She also looks very much like her sister, Mamie Gummer, who's on Newsroom.

Oops! My bad. They're both Grace, not Mamie. They do look exactly alike. The blond hair on Newsroom fooled me!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, August 22, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
This is a really good show, it's like a long movie to me, I'm enjoying it.

Yikes, the son, looks like the hit in the head did something to him.

I'm guessing the baby will reunite with his mom, but fully grown. Maybe it's not an evil alien after all, it sure seems that he is right now though.

Haley Berry is fabulous. I love the pairing with Goran Visnjic, they have a great chemistry together. And I didn't know Camryn Manheim was on this show, love her.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I'm officially giving up on this series. I just can't make myself care about these characters….plus, nothing ever gets resolved and I'm bored with it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 01, 2014 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The alien appears as someone appealing.. and dead, but appearing alive. The dead partner, the dead daughter, the dead husband..

Or..in human form..as a human fetus in the ultrasound.

There really isn't anyone likeable.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
What the heck is going on?

This strange identity that is not a baby and has the power to kill off anyone threatening Molly and how would this identity keep [Hideki Yasumoto] alive? And why running away into the distance without showing himself to the mother?? What the heck is going on?? Are they doing it on purpose to make me feel like an idiot?

And what is the robot child connection with the whole story of the unknown identity, it seems to me that there are two different stories here... the robot child in the hands of some criminal wanting to sabotage or weaponize the robot child, and then the invisible entity, this Molly's baby who wants to remain invisible... Huh??????

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess the theme is that Molly hasn't had any luck with children.. be they regular human child who died, robot child being preyed upon and used and the alien child.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
And how does eternal life fit into the big picture? Plot within plot within plot!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I think the development of the robot kid was Yasumoto's back up plan if the alien didn't work as planned. Or maybe all 3 of them are going to merge.

I find I really have to pay attention when watching this show. There are a lot of plot points but my mind can see certain ones combining with others. I'm not used to working this hard for my entertainment.

I like it. Sure beats some of the other numbskull mind numbing shows out there.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Gidget. For some reason I didn't get that Yasumoto might be thinking of transferring himself into a robot as part of a long-term survival plan. Explains the two plot lines.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, September 05, 2014 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Solaris.

I have not read the book but have heard it is very thought provoking.

On the other hand, the 2002 movie with George Clooney I did see and it was meh but not bad.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Sunday, September 07, 2014 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Catching up on the last 2 shows...

I did have a chuckle how Yasumoto and the rest of them kept referring to Molly's "baby" as if the "baby" was that cute little munchkin in the hospital and not this creature that needs to feed off of humans and makes them evil!!! Every time they said "baby" to her, she was ready to find her "baby". They knew how to push her buttons.

Anyway, yes, the show can be complicated, but I'm okay with it. PLUS, I love Molly's husband who used to be Luka on ER and the boy is very cute.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Anyone else still watching this? Interesting theory of fetal DNA being transferred to combine with the mother's DNA.

Just discovered that Grace Gummer who plays Julie is the daughter of Meryl Streep.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I watched. Kind of getting out there, but I still like it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Watching but behind as usual. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I finally deleted my season pass. I deleted it after last season, then put it back again, but it's just got more and more over the top, and I lost interest.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There are some characters I like, so I keep watching. Ethan and JD are my favorites.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I agree, Ethan is the best!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: