TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The 100: Archive through October 25, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found a wiki page that says the grounders are wearing masks and there were a couple of photos that were too dark to see clearly. I brightened two of them:

grounder

grounder2
(images from the link below)

The Grounders (Earth)

<snip>

Appearence Edit
They wear masks made out of bone and wear leather clothes. They also happen to have some small bones on them. Some masks seem to be made out of wood and other unknown materials. Most wear hoods and all unmasked grounders have war paint and tattoos on their face and body.

<snip>

More info at the link:

http://the100.wikia.com/wiki/The_Grounders_(Earth)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here is another image of a couple of creepy looking masked grounders but I won't post it here because it's a bit spoilery.

LINK to img1.wikia.nocookie.net

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Tonight's finale... very interesting ending!

I lost track of who was who when Bellamy and Finn were fighting with the baddies outside the drop ship. Someone was stabbed, presumably to death, was it really Bellamy? It looked like the bad guy stood up. I think Finn survived as long as he was able to run far enough away from the drop ship to survive the blast.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 4:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am betting Finn dragged Bellamy out of the range of the ship before the rockets went off. Show has been getting more involved/better each episode, too bad season was so short.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Now we know that there are other grounders who have some kind of energy that at least produces lighting.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The "mountain" grounders must be the descendants of the soldiers and personnel who populated Mount Weather, that mountain bunker that the kids were told had a huge stock of supplies they would need when they first arrived. The Quarantine sign Clarke saw had "Mount Weather" printed on it. Wasn't it their fear of crossing grounder territory that kept them from making their way to Mount Weather eariler?

In any case, they never made it to the cache of supplies on Mount Weather, so they never discovered that there was still some form of high tech civilization alive and thriving on earth.

I just hope they don't spend most of next season in that sterile, white underground lab, like they did on SYFY's Helix.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I found an interesting article:

'The 100' Boss Answers 6 Big Finale Questions

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/100-finale-boss-classic-finale-710952

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
When they were on their way to Mount Weather is when Jasper (?) got speared, so they never tried again.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Yep, helluva cliffhanger!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 12, 2014 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If anyone has missed this series and wants to watch it, they are starting over from episode 1 next week. :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well the last scene promised a bit of a different scenario for the second season, I am curious to see how that beautiful new world Clarke's mother saw after landing will turn out to be, what monsters really lurk beneath the beautiful still waters and how can she rejoin her daughter who now seems prisoner in a new setup.. Interesting.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Based on the quote from the article SFJF linked, it says:

"If you look up what the real Mount Weather is, that begins to answer the question." Expect season two to include a heavy dose of the new location..."

I really hope the writers don't plan on spending the majority of the season keeping them captive in the Mount Weather facility.

I hope they will not go in the direction of having Clarke's mother Abby, and the others from the Ark, assuming that all of the remaining 100 are now dead after they discover the carnage from the battle and explosion. Since they will most likely not know that they're being held in Mount Weather. If they go in this direction, then the storyline will seem unoriginal and cliché.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think Clarke's mother and her people will know to go to Mount Weather....they instructed the kids to go there for a cache of hidden supplies so they already know that as a good place to start looking for them.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Good point.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Boy do I feel slow . . . I tuned in to the "pilot" the other night thinking this show had just started, LOL! I really liked it but my son (mid-20's) thought it was too cheesy. I'm glad they're going to rerun the season because I will definitely tune in again. I'm just not going to read the discussions above until I'm done.

Biginjapan

07-23-2005

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biginjapan a private message Print Post    
Just remember Lincoln Octavia Finn and Bellamy are out there. And these mountain people may have the technology to save Raven.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, October 05, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Just started watching on Netflix and I like it. I'm only on Episode 4, but it is keeping me interested.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know when the new season starts?

Or did it get canceled and I'm just completely late to the party, lol!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Does anyone know when the new season starts?"

According to imdb.com, it returns on Oct 22.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/episodes?season=2&ref_=tt_eps_sn_2

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was just in England and they've just started season one there, so hopefully that increases the chance of it staying around beyond the upcoming seasons. Quite unusual for a CW show to get there so soon, but it might be because Ricky Whittle is in it (the nice Grounder), he's rather popular as he used to be on one of the big soaps. Plus he's so pwetty.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Thank you, SFJosh!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 24, 2014 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I finally watched the first episode of the 2nd season aired on Wednesday and it's just as gruesome as the first season. The last drop from the Ark actually happened with many surviving the crash and we see almost all the leaders in the Ark rescuing a few from the 100 but they can't find Clarke and others. They came with guns and weapons from the Ark but haven't had to fight yet a big group of grounders like the 100 had to in order to survive. But it's not clear where Clarke ended up, some kind of underground centre for humans who cannot be exposed to the outside environment for simple solar radiations that could kill them. She either escapes, she did try, and reunites with her mother or her mother will find the place but it's going to be a very macabre show just like last season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 24, 2014 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Clarke and most of the surviving 100 are in Mount Weather. It's a real place, a big FEMA control centre and one of the places officials would go in the event of something big and bad happening. Allegedly a lot of the government went there temporarily after 9/11.

So it should be full of good people, but as they've been trapped there for a hundred years listening only to each other maybe they've gone a bit crazy. I think they have to be the bad guys, because if they're not, sooner or later Clarke will get them to agree to send a party out to look for the two guys, they'll find the people from the Ark and everyone will live happily ever after. Which cannot happen in season two of a tv show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 24, 2014 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh, and... we finally saw the deformed human-like being that left the odd footprints back in the beginning of last season.

Also 4000 were on the Ark. Some martyred themselves, some wouldn't have survived the crash but there could be upwards of 1000 new people landed on Earth. I guess that could be a good reason the Mount Weather people don't want Clarke to go out and find them, they just couldn't support that number of extra people.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know what treatment the dark haired girl had? It was intravenous and looked dark.