TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The 100: Archive through November 13, 2014 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought it was blood in the tube, and either she was getting a blood transfusion or there was some system to clean her blood to remove radiation from touching Clarke.

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt. I was hoping it wasn't a sinister hint.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it had something to do with Vitamin D, since they don't have access to sunlight, but I could be wrong.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought she was being decontaminated because she touched Clarke (or rather Clarke grabbed her). When they caught Clarke she told her that she would have been the next to be decontaminated, so there was definitely something they intended to do to Clarke to make her ok to mingle with the others.

Vitamin D can easily be taken in pill or injection form now, 2014, they'd need it as they live underground but they wouldn't need that sort of treatment for it. (Whereas having someone mildly radioactive maul you might mean you need a small dose of the equivalent of a radiation sickness drug.)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 25, 2014 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sensing something sinister myself. :-)

Kaitoona

07-01-2011

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaitoona a private message Print Post    
My $$$ is on they want the 100 as breeders....or to use them in some other way to genetically fix the radiation damage done to their DNA

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 27, 2014 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think breeders too, new blood for the gene pool. After 100 years they might need it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well they are sinister...that's clear.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't get it, the guy with the burs is walking about and in the bed? Or was he receiving some kind of treatment over night?

I guess now we know where the blood transfusion stuff came from!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
You guys were right that they were harvesting human blood (but that did not come as a huge surprise to me, it's almost cliche' in a sci-fi show like that, how many times have we seen something similar in other shows. I'm glad that Clarke found the girl leader of the grounders and may be able to free her and get some much needed help from the Grounders and maybe find Octavia as well... that poor girl.

The girl that was crippled by the surgery was actually lucky to have survived but still hoping the Grounders Healer may have a way to restore her to health fast, she was good in the show, her, Octavia and Clarke and her mother making a good cast and also the Grounders leader who is in a cage now and discovered by Clarke. Good story twist...

The last guy on the Ark landed somewhere, he was having hallucinations but I wonder if he's still hallucinating having landed somewhere...

They sure are a violent lot, aren't they, not just the grounders but the 100 as well and it's clear that this show is not for the faint at heart...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He said he had one more treatment, so that's when Clark hurt herself so she could see what kind of treatment he was on his way to get.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Ark guy landed somewhere very sandy. Are there sandy beaches on the East coast? The rest are in the DC area.

I didn't quite get why that group were going to kill Lincoln, when they seemed to be his tribe. We only saw him fighting the woman's (Anna? Anya?) group, I didn't know he's done anything to hurt his own people.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought Anya is his people... he brokered the peace talk with them?

And then the 100 started firing on them (the nerdy kid panicked when he saw the grounders in the trees).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ohhhh, maybe the group he spoke to yesterday were just the leftovers then (after the Mount Weather people took the rest). I thought they were a different tribe. Thanks.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 30, 2014 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it's confusing to me too. I just remembered that was the moment he became an outcast to them, because they thought he set them up for an ambush.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 01, 2014 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like the show, but I always have to watch it again. So much stuff to keep up with. And I'm still confused!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Actually the show is simplified by telling at least 5 different story lines, we have Clarke's escape, we have Octavia against the Grounders, we have Clarke's mother with the Ark people, and then we have the small group of 100 running for their lives, then there is the life underground for humans who cannot get into the open and harvesting blood. No mention of the last man who dropped with the Ark in this latest episode. At one point all these storylines will have to merge with reunions of all kinds, I'd expect this to happen soon or we're watching a fragmented story for too long. But they're no kidding with the gory and violent scenes, after watching I feel like I too need a good scrub.... eek!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The Ark guy landed somewhere very sandy. Are there sandy beaches on the East coast? "

Kitt, I'm thinking that there might be a desert there now. We see that DC is all overgrown forest (The Lincoln monument is in the middle of it).

In the opening credits there is a brief glimpse of the Statue of Liberty's head jutting from what appeared to be a vast area of sand or at the very least, a treeless plain. I figure the war must have caused climate changes such as nuclear winter and/or floods, droughts, acid rain, earthquakes or lots of other things that could have turned NYC into a sandy desert.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Sanfran... near the camp where Clarke's mother is with the bigger group we saw a scene where they are very near of what looks like the crash site of the Ark, at least I noticed that a good piece of the Ark was half buried near their camp. As soon as I saw that I thought... okay, we get to see the last man who was having hallucinations and maybe he did land for real... But we didn't see him. I deleted the episode from the PVR and so I can't verify that's what I saw...

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Very intense episode last night! Enjoying the show a lot.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
it makes sense that low water levels (like out to Lady Liberty) would be sand now. There were so many large bits of Ark falling it's going to be hard to tell which is which (I mean, in determining where Isaiah Washington's bit of Ark went).

Not sure I believe Clarke's bf (the one who was Raven's bf) would suddenly go psycho like that.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 06, 2014 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Spunky...I always assume someone on a TV show is still alive until I see a body. Of course when I didn't see Tara's body after her death on True Blood I figured she was still alive...but she wasn't!

Anyhow, I found a 30 second trailer for next week's episode and yes, "Dr Burke" landed and is alive. (I call him Dr Burke because that actor is Isaiah Washington from the early years of Grey's Anatomy) In fact the trailer for next week at the end of this week's episode showed part of the same scene as in the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqX8qrBuEIg

Not sure what you mean about seeing the arc in the background somewhere. As I recall, Clarke's mother arrived in a large chunk of the arc after the 100 kids did. Then everyone else came down in the biggest section of the arc in a partial circle shape, mostly intact. Then Dr Burke came down in a small pod about the size of a car or something. Now that I think about it, I believe he came down inside a guided missile only with no warhead...or something equally unbelievable.

Those huge chunks of the arc landing almost entirely intact really stretch the credibility factor...I believe most of them should have burned up in the atmosphere! And that missile should have been vaporized upon impact. At the very least, all those long skinny antennas on the biggest part of the arc would been gone, but they're all none the worse for wear.

Here are the opening credits for season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqX8qrBuEIg

If you can see them on a large HD screen in next week's ep, you will find that there little bits of info all through them almost like a map (too hard to see on this youtube, though)....They are pointing out the "Quarantine Zone" and "Capital City - condition Destroyed" and you can even see a diagram of the underground tunnels of Mount Weather....it has two entrances.

And that was definitely the Statue of Liberty on a large plain with some scrub brush, but it's not in the water or in a forest.

Even though this show skips over the laws of physics, ignores credibility, and throws logic right out the window more often than not....I still enjoy it.:-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, November 07, 2014 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
So I did see right, pieces of the Ark here and there but definitely logic is totally absent in this show, however the show has the sense of wonder and a constant hope for things to get better and this keeps me interested in the story.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 10, 2014 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, I feel like I'm watching Lost all over again! The 100 are the mid-section, the other part is the tail section. The people in Mt. Weather are Desmond in the Hatch! They even use the same music sometimes. Isn't this by the same producers? (Not that I'm complaining, just feeling a little nostalgic--Lost was another show that didn't always make sense, but it was a fun ride. I miss it.)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, November 13, 2014 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Well, we can't say Anya is still alive after that shot and bleeding, too bad, she was good for the show, at least Clarke will be found by her mother and reunions seem to be happening finally, Octavia came out of nowhere just in the nick of time to lead the way. But the last man who landed got himself a hit in the head and for what? One more episode and then nothing for a while...