TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through November 28, 2014 users admin

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Share your Netflix series recommendations here...

I've move several over from the cancellations/renewals thread.

P.S. There is a recommendation thread in the movie section for those as well. }

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Misspoufy
Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 7:53 am

Murdoch Mysteries, Rosemary and Thyme, White Queen, The Buccaneers, Christy, Bramwell, Ellery Queen, ...all series we loved.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Vsmart
Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 8:48 am

Drop Dead Diva. I not only saw the first season that I missed, but rewatched all the other episodes.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Ann
Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 10:03 am

I high recommend Damages with Glenn Close, Rose Bryne, and Tate Donovan.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Colordeagua
Thursday, November 20, 2014 - 3:48 pm

BOSS!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Zippy
Friday, November 21, 2014 - 8:00 am

Lakecat, DH and I have watched all of the Netflix shows that you mentioned and these are a few others that come to mind.

Copper
Prison Break
White Collar
The Tudors

Okay, and I admit one weekend when DH and DS were out of town I watched a marathon of The Hills.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Zippy
Friday, November 21, 2014 - 3:35 pm

I thought of 2 more shows that we watched and enjoyed: Lillyhammer and Downtown Abby.

-------------------------------------------
Lakecat
Friday, November 21, 2014 - 4:19 pm

DA isn't on Netflix.

-------------------------------------------
Brenda1966
Friday, November 21, 2014 - 4:56 pm

It's not streaming, but it is available through Netflix on DVD. As is Boardwalk Empire (a great show).

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd
Friday, November 21, 2014 - 4:59 pm

I think Copper, Prison Break, & Damages are excellent suggestions. I've enjoyed all of them.

I thought Kidnapped was good. I highly recommend The Killing & Hell on Wheels if you haven't seen them, yet.

I enjoyed the 1st season of The Bletchley Circle. They've just added a second season recently.

Oh, also The Mystery Masterpiece version of Wallander starring Kenneth Branaugh is very good...I thought. :-)

A couple more Netflix Originals are Happy Valley, and there's a new one called Peaky Blinders that I'm planning to check out when I have some time.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I'll add to the great suggestions already listed...

Last Tango in Halifax
The Fall

In the reality genre, I also enjoy House Hunters and Love It or List It.

Debra

11-19-2003

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rieann. Hope you are feeling better.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, November 23, 2014 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I love Monarch of the Glen. It's an old BBC series set in Scotland and Julian Fellowes (Creator of Downton Abbey) plays Killwilly.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roteach! It'll be a lot easier to see the recommendations this way :-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I'm catching up on the Dr. Who episodes that weren't shown when BBC America was leading up to the new Doctor especially the ones with Christopher Ecclestone. (sp?)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 24, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've been told Grand Hotel is good. The premise sounds great, but unfortunately it's in sub titles. I don't like to sit that intently to follow a program. Also,I like to see the actors' facial expressions and I can't do that if I'm busy reading sub titles. To each his own.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
If you're looking for something lighter but good and like Simon Baker, The Guardian was a good series and all seasons on are Netflix.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Debra. It's still hurting pretty bad. I have ice on it right now. No fun!

Another series I started to watch is Midsomer Murders (I like the Brit shows).

That reminds me that 'The Mrs. Bradley Mysteries' with Diana Rigg (love her) was good too (like Mrs. Fisher). There is only one season though (bummer).

ETA- I just checked and they only have one episode for Mrs. Bradley. I wonder why they did that.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I love this thread, my Netflix Queue has grown by leaps and bounds!

Zippy

07-03-2011

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I started Monarch of the Glen this weekend. I am only 2 episodes in but it looks like it will be good.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Luther is really good!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, November 27, 2014 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved Derek with Ricky Gervais. It will have you laughing and crying. He's so good in it.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, November 28, 2014 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
House of Cards is one of my all time favorite shows, I suspect most if not all people with Netflix are already aware of that one. :-)

I really liked Happy Valley, I hope they make more.

Luther rocks. Even though I was satisfied with the ending, I wish they'd make more. I'm not sure about the upcoming remake one of the US networks is doing, with some other actors of course. To me, Idris Elba IS Luther.

It was awesome when Netflix brought back The Killing for a final season, hopefully they can do that with more shows that the usual TV networks cancel before they should.

Another of my now favorite shows that I never watched when it was on regular TV but then got completely hooked on with Netflix, is Friday Night Lights. I wasn't interested when it was around on TV because I thought it was mostly about football (yawn). It's not so much, it's mostly about family and friends and jobs and relationships and small town life.

If you don't mind subtitles (or want to practice your French), The Returned is really good and creepy.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 28, 2014 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Melfie, Netflix is going to pickup popular Longmire. I just started streaming season 1. It's not exactly a soap opera. Seems like separate episodes so far. Read there's a cliffhanger at the end of season 3.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Friday, November 28, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Added Longmire to my list. Thanks! :-)

Also, not a series recommendation, but I highly recommend this site http://instantwatcher.com/ for finding streaming shows and movies on Netflix. It's a great way to see everything that's been recently added to Netflix streaming. They show you both the Netflix rating and Rotten Tomatoes ratings and there's a ton of search options. And you can add to your Netflix list right from the site.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 28, 2014 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
If you go to Huffington Post and search Netflix within, they have info on movies and shows coming to Netflix and expiring there.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, November 28, 2014 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here's is the Huff Po list of what is coming in December...

"Turbo FAST" (Additional episodes)
"'American Horror Story: Coven" (Dec. 6)
"Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown" Season 3 (Dec. 8)
"Broadchurch: Season 1" (Dec. 12)
"Marco Polo" (Dec. 12)
"The Honourable Woman," Season 1 (Dec. 18)
"All Hail King Julien" (Dec. 19)
"Comedy Bang! Bang!" Season 3 (Dec. 28)
"Maron," Season 2 (Dec. 28)
"Jessie," Season 3 (Dec. 28)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/26/netflix-december-2014_n_6225110.html

Mefie, thank you for the instant watcher link as well. I added it to my favorites.