TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 25, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through January 25, 2015 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
hah!! just went wikipedia hunting, Happy Valley has been renewed for a second season and Luther has been confirmed as returning (although it is vague as to whether its a film or a 4th season). There is also an American version being developed with Idris in charge behind the camera but not necessarily in front of it.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Ach! Besides Dr. Who, I have to re-watch all of Monarch of the Glen this month! Dang.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 06, 2015 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I've watched 3 eps so far of that
"Black Mirror" you suggested above. OMG, it is sooo good! Thanks for bringing it up.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I started "Happy Valley " but it is hard for me to understand the cockney accents at times, I am forced to pay close attention which means no multi tasking !

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Rflol Maremeko, I have a leg up on you in that I have had almost 30 years of trying to figure out what the heck my in-laws are saying. 😄 I do have a heck of a time with mumblers though, even without an accent, Person of Interest comes to mind. I often have to rewind or turn up the volume to understand them.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 07, 2015 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Naja, the second season isn't as good as the first. Still some good ideas and concepts but they don't play out as well.

I will put Happy Valley on my (rapidly growing) list!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just noticed the expiry date on the BBC America shows (Torchwood, Doctor Who etc.) have disappeared, yey!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Marameko, Whenever I have a little trouble w/ accents I turn on the captions just so I don't miss anything. :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finally got to watching House of Cards yesterday. I watched 6 episodes and am going to try and watch more today. Kevin Spacey is too good.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Yay!!!! Kitt you've given me the best gift! Now I can watch Monarch of the Glen. I didn't want to get into it and run out of time and I also wanted to re-watch a couple of Dr. Who episodes. They must have settled their contract for the next cycle. Now they just need to add the first cycle of Peter Capaldi's Doctor to Dr. Who.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, January 19, 2015 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Whrlwnd, I easily found the button to turn on the captions. now that I have finished "Happy Valley" I can now enjoy Idris ( sigh, pant, pant ) and Luther.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 4:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Z Nation is now on netflix for any who want to watch it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For me, Z Nation is much more fun and outrageous than Walking Dead. I really recommend it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure where to put this since we don't have an amazon thread.

In Celebration of Golden Globe Wins, Amazon is Making All 10 'Transparent' Episodes Free to Watch This Saturday Only

This Saturday, starting at 12:01 a.m. ET and concluding at 11:59 p.m. PT, everyone can watch Transparent using the Amazon Instant Video app for TVs, connected devices and mobile devices, or online at Amazon.com/Transparent

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/01/22/in-celebration-of-golden-globe-wins-amazon-is-making-all-10-transparent-episodes-free-to-watch-this-saturday-only/354073/

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
and here the direct link to the page of "Transparent" episodes at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I3MPZUW/..../

Episode 1 is already free now so you can get the one done before Saturday.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
For Prime, the first 6 were available last weekend. I'll be sure to watch the final 4 Saturday!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was extremely disappointed in Transparent. Maura is the only interesting character and there is far too little of her. The characters of all 3 kids are barely 1dimensional and dull, dull, dull. They are sort of the dysfunctional flavors of the week. Bradley Whitford's character, I think the name was Marcie was good and Judith Light as the ex-wife could be interesting... Nor is it a comedy using even the broadest definition of a black comedy. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I find I usually agree with the Golden Globes, and Transparent won for both "Best TV Series Comedy" and "Best Actor (Jeffrey Tambor)". I am definitely going to give it a shot. I already watched the premiere, and it was a little slow, but I find almost every new show feels that way for me in the first ep.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
I am binge watching transparent because I have the flu and I am stuck in bed. I absolutely love it.
Could be my fever talking but...naw.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed "Transparent" and observing the mannerisms of Maura in light of her appearance. While she was not attractive in the traditional sense you believed that she truly was a woman. Her children on the other hand were so dysfunctional and I did not enjoy any of their story lines.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I first saw Transparent when it was just the first episode when they give you different first episodes of their new series. I was so glad they had picked it up. I was glad to hear that Transparent was up for awards. Judith Light is also in this show as the Mom and it is so great seeing her playing her part. The kids are the way they are because they were raised that way.

There are a couple shows right now that are up for new series picks. Two of them are pretty good and I hope they get picked as well. One named "Mad Dogs" & another called "Salem Rodgers Model of the year 1998". I do have to mention one more that was good for drama called "The Man in the High Castle". I can't wait to see what Netflix is going to do to try and beat these.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We just finished "Transparent" on Amazon for free day and we loved it! It was such a quick binge because the eps are so short (which was great).

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised you all liked it so much. If there had been more Maura I may have been a fan. We watched 3or 4 episodes and as I said were very disappointed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I felt the what made Maura such a great character was because her children were such selfish a-holes. It added to her character to have such shits as children.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I also think the final 3-4 episodes were MUCH better than the first 3. The children were still self-centered, but there was more Judith Light, and the stories just improved.