TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
American Crime

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Crime users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 11, 2016Marameko25 03-11-16  11:02 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 29, 2016 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sandra Oh is going to have a recurring role in the new season!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
First episode tonight. As good as the first two. Good to see Sandra Oh again.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I love this series - and am eager to see this specific season since slavery of farmworkers is what i directly worked on for three years (i avoid saying "modern day slavery" because that lets people lessen its magnitude - its still the same slavery as before (under guard 24/7, killed if escaping, abuse, etc.), just illegal and in secret now) - and way back in 2004 I knew about the exploitation on pickle farms in North Carolina.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Another good episode that made it even more relatable. I looked up the young actress playing Shea and she is an English born Spanish actress - 23 years old. (Born in England, raised in Spain) never would have guessed that one.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I dvr all episodes and then binge watch this series

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
if anyone ever wants to follow an actual farmworker advocacy group who is one of the best at trying to protect migrant workers' lives, here is a link http://www.ciw-online.org/ get on their listserv - they dont sent emails every day but just enough to let you know what is going on in that world - and the advocacy going on....

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
oh my gosh. they totally did a number with the previews last week. I was waiting for the drama to happen with the au pair - not with Shea

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I did not see that coming........
The Nanny is being emotionally abused. The blonde lady who would not divulge what she was told in French by Monica is the sister of Julia Louis -Dreyfuss and was in "True Blood".

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 5:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i read online that Claire told the friend, in french, that her husband did not like the son because he came from a donor.

I do wonder if the producers considered what visa the nanny came on. At the beginning she was called an au pair, which ONLY come over on a j-1 visa and have a lot of regulations, while if she is just a "nanny" she could be here on a H1B or H2B visa, which has less regulations in terms of oversight once here. J-1 visa holders are required to speak english too - and the host family can never take the passport etc. not that it doesn't happen but that is why there is compliance for "au pairs" - to avoid this very situation of what is on the brink of actual slavery of domestic workers. (domestic workers and farm workers are the only two groups excluded from the Fair Labor Standards Act since it was passed in the 1920s - they were excluded basically in the same 'compromise" kind of situation that happened when blacks were considered 3/5th of a person. (the same, oh we exclude them now to get your vote since you agreed to come back to amend things later - NOT) and they are the two groups in the US with the highest amount of abuse and actual slavery.)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 12, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just started binging the 1st season. Great acting!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Having a senior moment........i obviously watched this show but I cannot remember it.
Pamy where are you watching this ?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Netflix. I just finished season 1.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Season 2 is even better, Pamy - just amazing performances. (Regina King won the Emmy for season 2 as well as season 1 playing completely different characters).

Now that it's on Netflix, I think I'll rewatch all three seasons so that I can hear all the words that were censored during the show's original run on ABC. Not that I'm a fan of foul language, but I'd like to hear the entire dialogue the writers wrote!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky, I love Regina! I was wondering how ABC let the F word slip by on a network show. ty for letting me know they bleeped it when it first aired!

Season 1 at the end I was afraid Hector was going to get shot at the very end, was so happy he had a happy ending

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Don't forget to let us know what you think of season two!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I will! so far I am loving seeing the actors in the new roles.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I loved seasons 2 and 3 even more than the first.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm about 5 eps into season 2. It is so good!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy, did you recognize Connor Jessup? He played the middle son of Tom Ford (Noah Wyle) on Falling Skies. I was impressed with his acting skills on American Crime.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I didnt watch that show. I just finished the ep where the team is going to go attack Taylor. My stomach is in knots, I didnt even want to watch the next ep. I dont want to see him hurt.

I'm actually surprised Lili Taylor/Felicity Huffman didnt get emmys for their acting in this season.

I also just saw my fav Hector from last season in this ep. There is something about that actor that I just love him

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 3:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Felicity was nominated all three seasons - and i believe Lili was nominated the first two seasons - Felicity totally should have won the first season but she was going against tough competition the other two years - Season 2 was also the year of the OJ miniseries on FX which manhandled all the awards that year (be it justly so), and season 3 it went against Big Little Lies (which i liked a lot but not as much as American Crime).

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhhh good to know, ty!!

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Where do I watch American Crime?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 15, 2019 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Netflix

It's easy to find out where to see things....just google the question:

"where can I stream <whatever>?" :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
disappointed in season 2 ending. I feel like they didnt answer all the questions I had and I hated all they left us guessing on what will happen to those boys. I felt so bad for Taylor and then I also felt sorry for Eric.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think the reason I am disappointed is that they make us care deeply about these kids and then they are just out of our life and we dont know what happened to them!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Yup - lots of questions left with season two

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just started watching American Crime and I love it! Felicity Huffman is amazing. I think I am almost finished with Season 1 (on episode 9) and cannot wait to watch Season 2 and 3. Does anyone know if they are going to continue with a Season 4 and when do you think it will begin?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't think there will be a season 4. Haven't heard anything about the series for 2 - 3 years.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: