TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
AD The Bible Continues

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: AD The Bible Continues users admin

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching? I have really enjoyed the series, but tonight is absolutely making me laugh!! Tonight is mostly about the meeting of Saul/Paul and Peter. In bible studies, I have always struggled with Paul's intensity and arrogance. I absolutely laughed out loud when Saul/Paul told Peter and the other Disciples that he was worried about their commitment and engagement towards the message! Peter just looked him like he had 3 heads.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I had few comments under the Premieres thread and I agree with you as well.
Another good one (there were several good shows on last night all at the same time and a pvr comes in handy) the A.D. the Bible continues, I was curious to see how they portrayed the killing of Jesus and this is why I watched it and I must say I was surprised seeing the strong emphasis put on the Jewish part of the killing, almost making look the Mel Gibson movie tame, while the Roman washed their hands literally of the whole killing. Unfortunately there is too much biblical nonsense with the 3 day resurrection, I was hoping for a more realistic approach, like the family reclaiming the body without divine intervention. But really what I'm hoping to see with the next episode next Sunday is how they used Jesus death for different purposes, some groups, as we saw already last night, were using Christianity to demolish the Roman empire and the persecution fueled the drive to strengthen the movement until the Emperor centuries later was the real savior of Christians by becoming their leader. In this whole story I think Constantine was the one who made it possible for this church to live on.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Saul story is still puzzling to me, I wanted to see how they interpreted his conversion but they're too close to what the Bible say and so I didn't find any new interesting way to explain it. I would have liked it more if they aimed at showing Saul as the one who took advantage of the Christian movement to make himself a contributor to introduce his own theories which were not necessarily closer to what Jesus preached versus those of Peter and other followers.

They're very good at portraying the Romans however, Caligula was indeed the monster we see here, but the Jewish are just as guilty even though they tried to go easier on the Jewish priest. Sill I'm puzzled by the producers courage to be so fearless in portraying the Jewish in this series compared to all the fuss they made for Mel Gibson.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Interesting comments about Paul, spunky. I have often struggled with some of his teachings.
, feeling they were more his ideas, but I was often reminded that he had divine.guidance. Just like earlier prophets like moses

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, it was the various discrepancies in the apostles versions of the facts that made the new religion so confusing, yet many do prefer Paul for some strange reason while others do not. In substance, it was the persecution of Christians that moved a lot of people to defend the Christians and secretly join this movement and slowly but surely the Roman empire weakened until Constantine (almost like Saul) became their protector and leader of this church, Peter did found it in Rome centuries earlier but he too became a martyr.
However, when the church started to re-write portions of the events and meaning (I think it was at this time when they decided on the Ascension of Mary) so that people would believe and accept all the nonsense it was a shame indeed. The dark ages followed and the church had a series of corrupted popes and slowly we saw the advent of protestants and other religions deviating from the original beliefs and religious wars that nowadays we still have. Sad indeed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: