TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through June 09, 2015 users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Between? This one Netflix is releasing an episode each week. Something new for them. That would certainly make it easier to talk about. What does anyone think who has seen it?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's being shown on regular TV up here in Canada. The first episode was last week.

Uh .... I didn't think the first episode was all that great but I'm going to give it another chance.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
The second episode is the 28th so it must be each Thursday night. I watched it this last weekend and went to watch the next episode lol it was like nope May 28th. I had to look and see what website I was on. So this is a Canadian show? It looked like a Netflix original. I'll have to read it up again. I felt it was a little weak and some of the stuff the rich older man was trying to do put me off. The pregnant girl was irritating as well as mouthy.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I read Grace and Frankie has been renewed for a second season. If they don't bring in Dolly Parton for a guest starring role, then that's just wrong.
I'm on the fourth episode, it's decent.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I finished Grace and Frankie last night. I'm glad to hear there'll be another season. :-)

It grew on me w/ each episode. It never made me laugh, but I thought it was cute. My favorite part was the relationships between the characters, especially Grace & Frankie's.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved Grace & Frankie. I think Sam Waterston is fabulous and Lilly Tomlin as well. I love Ethan Embry. It did make me laugh out loud often. :-)

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Pretty Little Liars Season 5 starts tomorrow June 2, 2015 on Netflix.

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
A tech question:

Thanks to all of you, I have a huge "List". Few months ago, there was a way to delete shows I've finished. Now I don't know how to find that place to remove shows from "List". The "Continue watching list" is even worse.

Am I missing something? TIA!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 4:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Chy when you go to the show you want to remove there is the +my list. When you click on the + it adds the show and it turns the + to a -. So when you click on the - it should remove the show from your list. It will look like this -my list. I hope this helps.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Question regarding Netflix . . I watch mostly on my smart tv app. It used to remember which episode I"m on but it no longer does. Anyone have that happen? I have binged Mad Men seasons 1-6 in less than a week.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Chy, an easy way is on the list, scroll way to the right (it's off the screen on the way I have my windows) and there's an X Remove column on your list. Just click the X of the shows you want to remove. No idea why they format the page like that so it looks like it isn't there!

Not sure, Gldnlvr. Our Roku doesn't always take us to the correct episode if we've watched an episode on something else, but if you click on the newly watched episode then it does say watched, just for some reason it doesn't forward the counter. I haven't found a way round it except to try each episode until you find the next one not watched.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I found Bloodline disturbing on one hand and yet I couldn't stop watching. Excellent cast all around and great storytelling.

It'll be interesting in season 2 to see what the newly introduced character at the end of season 1 already knows about the family. I'd like to recommend that the entire clan get a group rate in rehab before they move on with their lives but of course that won't happen. By the end, I was feeling a need to open a bottle and pour.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
On to Longmire after Bloodline and Grace and Frankie. I'm really enjoying it, just as I enjoyed the others!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I am so use to watching netflix on my kindle I have forgotten about the my list where you can see it in a list and click on the x's off to the right lol thanks for the reminder Kitt.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The new format on the pc is like it sounds like you have on the kindle. Kind of a scrolly sideways list of pictures of the shows, rather than text. Call me old fashioned but I don't like it, I just want a test list which tells me which episodes I've seen and which I haven't.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
So weird, after I posted this yesterday, sat down to watch and Netflix correctly told me what episode I was on. After days of being wrong. :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Per Kitt:
"Chy, an easy way is on the list, scroll way to the right (it's off the screen on the way I have my windows) and there's an X Remove column on your list. Just click the X of the shows you want to remove. No idea why they format the page like that so it looks like it isn't there!"

his going to work this way on an Imac ? I did not see this view on my ipad.......now I wan to go home and check the Imac.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know how it works on a mac, I use a boring old Windows 7 laptop and the X is there, just off screen to the right.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first four episodes of Sense8 and am completely enthralled! The temptation to watch all 12 episodes in one sitting is extremely strong. The big bonus: A gay male couple AND a gay female couple figure prominently in the storyline. If you loved The Matrix, you should enjoy Sense8 too, as it was co-created by the Wachowskis.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
YAY! Thanks, Uncle Ricky. I have that on my watchlist. The Matrix is one of my favorites.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm about to start it right now! Sounds good!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'll be shocked if you don't get totally immersed in it, Rieann and Kitt! Another thing that's fabulous about it is that the story keeps moving briskly within the 8 major cities where the story takes place (San Francisco, Chicago, London, Berlin, Seoul, Nairobi, Mumbai, and Mexico City) - all scenes are filmed on location!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Definitely very appealing but we've watched one episode and I already need to take a break to watch something less intense! The zipping around locations takes a lot of concentration! Might watch another episode a bit later or might have to leave it until another day, but I'm definitely hooked!

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
We have started Pie In The Sky and are loving it!!! Loving the British wit.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Sense8 is excellent! I was a big fan of "Cloud Atlas" and "The Matrix" which were also made by the Wachowski siblings.

When I started watching Sense8, I wasn't expecting much because I'd read one review about it that was pretty negative. Apparently that reviewer was just an asshat with an internet connection. I don't know why I even read that review...I usually avoid them because I wind up liking a lot of movies that get horrible reviews.

Anyhow, I sat down to watch the first episode yesterday and and I thought it looked pretty good. I figured I'd watch a couple eps a day....but by the end of the second episode I just had to start the next one. I wound up watching the first 6 (of 12) and I plan to finish it off today. :-)

To me, it is reminiscent of Cloud Atlas, inasmuch as it weaves stories of different people together into one much bigger story....but Cloud Atlas did that over eons, with characters being reincarnated and changing their attitudes due to their experiences over many lifetimes.

Sense8 is similar inasmuch as weaving several disparite lives together into one compelling tapestry....but in Sense8, it all takes place in the present (aside from some flashbacks to fill in some characters' back stories).

I'm halfway through the 12 episodes, but each one leaves me wanting MORE when I see the credits start to roll (which usually surprises me because I'm so engrossed in it, I don't realize the episode is almost over).

I highly recommend it! Once I understood exactly what was happening to these people (in the first or second episode), it turned into something much much "bigger" to me than a mere TV series. I don't know if that makes sense to anyone else...but that's how I felt with "Cloud Atlas" and also "Lost". Those shows turned out to be SO much greater than their parts.

Gotta go....I have 6 more episodes to watch!