TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through June 23, 2014 users admin

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
The riddle I think was why humans can see more shades of green than any other color. His wife told him it's because we were once prey and had to see all those shades to see our predators.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Egbok, for asking, and thanks, Tishala, for answering! I couldn't remember it either.

Anyone who missed this season's episodes REALLY missed out on a fabulous show. Can't wait for next season!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    

I agree with everyone's posts. My heart started pounding so hard when Gus went up to Malvo's cabin... it made me remember to take my high blood pressure medicine! Lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
What time of year do Emmy noms come out? In my head I keep hearing "Fargo" mentioned many many times.

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
As Malvo looked out the window he saw a wolf. It was sniffing Gus' path. I think he knew someone was stalking him. Just like the bear that chewed his own foot off to die on his own terms....Malvo got out of the trap so as not to be gunned down by the little weasel Lester.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Help me....what did Malvo step on in Lester's bedroom ?
Also I the final scene what did Molly say about the same time she mentioned being the Chief ? I know she said she was proud of Gus and that he deserved an award for bravery.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Marameka, Malvo stepped on a bear trap in Lester's bedroom.

And in the final scene here are the things Molly said.

While still on the phone she said "Let me know what the divers turned up".

While entering the living room, she commented on the TV show "What'd I miss?

After sitting down, Hanks said "So I got a call today. They're gonna give me a citation for bravery."

Molly replies "I'm proud of you hon".

Hanks says "They really should be giving it to you."

Molly replies "Nah, this is your deal. I get to be chief."

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
Lester covered the bear trap with random clothing from the suitcase. He got it from the hunting gear given to him by his brother's wife. Hr kept it in a box in the basement. He already had the gun from the box earlier. I was wondering why he was down there again.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, I just saw that primetime Emmy noms are going to be announced on July 10th.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Cool! I didn't realize we wouldn't have to wait very long to find out. Thanks, Rieann :-)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja....I was not focused , trying to fast forward and missed "stuff".

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Also thanks Sallycat !

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 1:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
only thing I wished they would have addressed was lester's poor brother he framed, he was a dick, but didn't deserve what lester did to him, and I also thought they would bring in the brother's son who saw lester the day planting the evidence on the brother.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Wrennez, I'm using my imagination here.

With the cassette taped recordings of Lester and Malvo's conversation that Gus presented to Molly, I'm sure that Lester's brother will be set free.

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
Egbok, thanks now that I think about it I had not realized (duh) that was what he framed him for, killing his wife.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
OKay, my stupid DVR recorded the episode in 2 parts and missed a few minutes at a key scene! I'm so mad! I'm going to record it again, but the part I missed was when Malvo and Lester have their confrontation/fight! OMG! It cut off right when Malvo was walking into the bedroom and we hear Lester on the phone. It restarted with Lester behind a door with 3 bullet holes in it and Lester has a busted up nose. What happened? I saw the bear trap. Stupid, stupid DVR. I bet it was interrupted by a storm announcement or something.

I'm so, so, so glad that Molly and Hanks and the grandpa and Better-Call-Saul all survived. Good ending. Good series.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Tonight was the Critic's Choice Awards for TV. (I'll just call them Malvo, Lester, Gus and Molly). Gus and Lester were both nominated for best supporting actor in a mini-series or movie, but neither won. Molly won for best supporting actress in that category. Malvo and Lester were both nominated for best actor and Malvo won. Fargo won for best mini-series or movie. YAY for all of them!

Maybe I'm the only one, but I just realized that Colin Hanks (Gus) is Tom Hanks' son.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whoa! That's such great news about the awards, Gran! :-)

I think I realized Colin was Tom's son during season 6 of showtime's "Dexter" when he played a serial killer.

Looking at his IMDB credentials right now, apparently I should have noticed him sooner.

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
I am so happy to see them get recognized for their work in Fargo. More to come I think.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 5:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Colin Hanks is Tom Hanks' son???? Thanks for that tidbit Granjan! I had no idea.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Colin is Tom Hank's son, from a relationship prior to Rita Wilson. I see a strong resemblance. It's nice he's getting good buzz around this role. And of course BBT delivers, time and time again.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Here's an in-depth interview with Noah Hawley (the creator/head writer) where he explains how he wrote the show and why/how things turned out the way they did:

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/fargo-creator-noah-hawley-talks-season-1-and-the-possibility-of-season-2

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 3:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting that link Uncle Ricky. It is an interesting interview. It sounds like if there is a second season, it could be a while before it makes it to our TV screens.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I was able to see the 20+ seconds my DVR didn't record. Wow, a lot happens in 20 seconds. LOL. I love that Malvo threw Lester's award at him and hit him square in the nose.

Sallycat22

08-31-2005

Monday, June 23, 2014 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sallycat22 a private message Print Post    
I have watched a lot of TV and completely forgot it. However when is something like Fargo comes along and has such a dense and well written plot...I remember it in such detail.