TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 08, 2015 users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
We don't have a hulu section so I just want to say I found Vera there. A full three seasons and I don't have hulu plus. If anyone is interested they can find it there. I have amazon prime and to watch it there was going to cost a pretty penny.

Chy

07-19-2003

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chy a private message Print Post    
Why did Richard has to be ---- ?
Sorry, is it a spoiler?

I just had to endure Archie being out of the Glen .... Why can't they go through a whole series w/o swapping main characters? Like Morse or Miss Marple used to be ...

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Chy, I agree about Archie. I adored him, but never really cared for his replacement.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have no clue what you are talking about but I suspect it is a spoiler. Maybe we need a separate thread? :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I know what it is about, something that has been known on PBS for over a year, so I don't know if we need a spoiler box. I didn't say anything because I wasn't sure what season the thing occurred.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I watched it on Netflix at least two years ago, and I know it was discussed on the board at that time, because that's how I heard about it.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Just watched Ep1 of Season 3 (Death in Paradise)... I'm bummed and was quite startled.

Then I watched Ep2 and realized that is the first episode I watched last year on PBS. I've only seen it couple of times on PBS, it never seems to be on the same night. Then I discovered it on Netflix and binged watched the first 2 seasons over a couple of weekends. At the end of Season 2 I was happy to see Richard come back from England.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, July 06, 2015 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks! That is what's so hard about discussing these shows where you watch whenever you want.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Netflix only had the first two seasons so some of what she was talking about wasn't out there unless you watched it on PBS. That is why I gave the heads up about Season 3 now on Netflix. It is a little hard to talk about shows for the people who haven't seen it yet. I am usually up to a week behind a lot of people here by not having cable and not able to stay up too late at night because of my getting up early in the morning for work. I love internet tv viewing. It is my demand lol

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am watching Friday Night Lights. I started watching the series about halfway through its run and always wanted to go back to the beginning. I am now dreaming about Coach and Tami Taylor and I'm not even through the first season!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 08, 2015 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Loved it Roxip. I need to be more open minded. So many of these Netflix shows are British which I usually avoid BC I can't understand a lot of the conversation.
The actor that played Coach Taylor is on Netflix series set in the Fla Keys called Bloodline. It's pretty good but slow to start.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Wet Hot American Summer. I semi-laughed at the movie maybe 12 years ago but didn't totally love it, blah, a little too odd. The Netflix series is so much funnier. Partly just the thing that the same 30 and 40 something year old actors are playing their same exact teen characters from 14 years ago. And partly that the actors have gotten better. I heart Janeane Garofalo and her reactions to disaster. It's also great to see Josh Charles! wearing a triple layer polo shirt.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Netflix has picked up a second season for "Sense8"!! Yay I ended up liking this.

I got this off of TvGuide.com.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, some of the British shows are really good. If I can't understand them, I turn on the closed captioning. I find that helps a lot.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, August 21, 2015 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Melfie, I totally agree! The movie was okay but the show was hilarious! Paul Rudd was as adorable as ever.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
I just finished Sense8 and loved it! A bit like "Lost", yet unique. Excited for season 2.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
We just finished Pie in the Sky and thoroughly enjoyed it. Highly recommend this series. Now watching Miss Fisher Mysteries. I love the mix of humor with the great mystery tales. I also love that there is no foul language like you see in the US series. Kudos for keeping it clean!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying The Dreamers. It's a half hour Aussie sitcom about the internal workings of a govt agency (Nation Building Authority). Probably/tragically close to reality.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching Narcos? What do you think? I'm on episode 3.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Yes Lakecat we are and enjoying the show. Don't know how close they are to telling truths about what happen. It is still a good show. We have watched the first two episodes.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 02, 2015 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The actor is fabulous and surely will be nominated
for an award. I have a hard time with subtitles. It seems that by the time I've read the subtties the scene is gone, so I'm missing the whole effect. Benicio del Toro did a movie about Escobar too.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Thursday, September 03, 2015 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Lake cat I just added it to my watch list thanks for the heads up. Sub titles are a pain and I usually don't watch shows/movies with them. Then I do make exceptions to that also, At this time I do have some awesome shows to watch if the rain does come like they are predicting for this weekend. My work hours have changed and I am getting Fridays off. So this makes for a four day holiday. Netflix has added some pretty good viewing material and it sure makes bad weather more tolerable.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching Narcos, fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Narcos rocks... I have such a crush on the actor playing Pablo Escobar, dad bod and all :-)

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Just two days till Longmire!