TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
CSI series finale!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: CSI series finale! users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't care if it's for one night only ~ This show deserves a thread ! This is the one that began it all and made us fall in love with the science of crime scene investigations.

Kudos to William Peterson and his character of Gil Grissom. He is the original and the best! Can't wait to see him tomorrow night.

And congrats to all the actors who ever created a character on this great series. Fifteen years and how many spin-offs later ~ they are finally saying goodbye. What an accomplishment!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It will be so nice to see them all back.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, I thought we had a thread. I really enjoyed this show, can't wait to see how they end it.

Panda

07-15-2005

Sunday, September 27, 2015 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I just realized that it is only tonight! Going to watch.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
It was nice having Gil back. It was so funny Gil not recognizing Lindsay and Marg having to say she was from her V***** when Gil asked where she was from. Was not expecting that one haha! After all these years and Sara is still jealous of other ladies in Gil's life. At least she is not drinking. I have only watched a couple episodes since Ted took over the Job of head CSI.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought Gil was a bug guy... not an ocean guy. So that confused me.

And I'm assuming Sara left her post as director of the lab to be with Gil... leaving Catherine back in charge.

No mention of Elizabeth Shue's character (Finlay)... and in the last show last year did they elude to D.B. leaving his post as director? I KNOW he's going to be included in the CSI: Cyber cast, but did CSI explain that to us? I know D.B. is friends with Avery but I'm not sure HOW they decided to make D.B. part of that cast.

All in all I liked the send off. I thought they did a good job.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I thought they did a god job. Brass didn't have much of a role though.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Cass, I don't think they mentioned DB leaving his post at the end of last season because they didn't know the show was going to be canceled.

I didn't even notice that Finlay wasn't there last night, which supports my theory that her character was useless and unremarkable. I wonder what happened to her?

When they first showed Gil in San Diego, I half expected Nick to pop up since he is now in charge of the crime lab in SD.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Me too... I was waiting for Nick to show up...

I'm not disappointed that Finlay wasn't included on last night's show.. but they should have at least mentioned where she was... I thought we last saw her in the hospital. At least say she went back to Seattle. I think the writers could have written 3-4 lines arcing both storylines and wrapping them up.

But all in all it really was all about the original cast...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Here's an article that contains a synopsis and (kind of) references the DB/Finley stuff...

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/25/csi-series-finale-immortality-recap

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
She died???? Wow! I guess I missed that line.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxip... I don't even remember what happened to Jules last season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Didn't she get caught by the serial killer or something? I don't remember either and haven't watched all last night's show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For the life of me, I can't remember. Is this the serial killer that was setting up the crime scenes for them? Didn't one of them have a twin brother who was in prison and somehow that guy from Seattle that she knew was also involved with them?

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Yes, that is the one... I think it was the Gig Harbor Killer.

In the last episode last year she is attacked by the killer and ends up in a coma, doctors weren't sure she would ever wake up. Then... at the end of the finale D.B. is packing up his office and places into a box a plaque that says "In Remembrance of Julie Finlay. End of Watch, February 15, 2015."

I completely missed it. I will need to re-watch the ending.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Found this on wiki...

On the last episode of Season 15, she is attacked by a serial killer and ends up in a coma. Russell says doctors do not know if she will ever wake up.

Immortality[edit]

At the end of the series finale, as D.B. is packing up his office, he places into a box a plaque that says "In remembrance of Julie Finlay. End of watch, February 15, 2015", indicating that she died following the events of season 15.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Roxip... We found the same thing!!! And literally posted at the same time!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Great minds thinking alike!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought Gil was a bug guy also. Maybe he just thought it was cooler to save whales now?

I remember DB picking up that box and not hearing what he said. Since that was one of the few moments he was in the show, I was thinking 'that's weird' so thank you for the explanation.

Hate to say it but once we saw Doug Hutchison as one of the guest stars, we knew he'd be the killer.

I couldn't understand why Catherine, let alone the new redhead, didn't just say she was her daughter. Seriously? The only place she could think of her daughter coming from was her vagina? Not being prudish - just thought it was stupid writing. Thank goodness Gil and Sara ended up together or I'd probably be complaining more, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 28, 2015 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show, it did seem weird that I had no idea who/why the bad guy was the bad guy. So that seemed a little weird to me. And there was the part where Catherine did her speech about the people in the building where I said to the cats, well that was really bad, LOL. They agreed.

I liked that Gil and Sara sailed off into the sunset, LOL. So all in all I thought it was good.

But unless you knew to look for it you would totally miss that "Jules" died.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I replayed the part of D.B. packing his box... He picks up the plaque, looks at it... (I had to freeze my tv in order to read what it said) and says "oh Jules...Where I go, you go." That was it.

I have never like the Lady Heather storylines but I get why they used her... they needed a plausible reason to get Grissom to go back to Vegas.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Did everybody else always think there was a little bit more to D.B. and Jules' relationship than just a working one?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I thought so too.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I thought that at first... then as I got to know the character of D.B. as a family-man, husband, father I changed my mind. He took a job and moved from a place he and his wife loved just to be close to their son and be able to watch him play college basketball... I don't see him as a cheater. I think he was her mentor.

It made me sad to think that Finlay must not have had any family to send the plaque to... that is why D.B. has it...

I have to say that I watched all of Grissom's seasons and I tried to watch Laurance Fishburne's but couldn't... so I quit watching CSI until I heard Ted Danson was taking over... I really liked him in the role. He did a good job. I liked the scene from the finale where someone says to Grissom, let's go to D.B.'s office and Gil mutters "who's D.B.?" thought it was cute.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Fin did have an ex-husband who seemed to want her back that one time they worked together in Seattle.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That is true. I'm not too sure however that she didn't have a big crush on him.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think they both had a crush on each other, doesn't mean they did anything about it. :-)

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly... They did something about it. I always thought Fin had good taste in men.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I don't remember anything but a really long term friendship mixed with some shared traumas btn DB and Jules. Seems they showed discussions about Jules btn DB and his wife and there didn't seem to be subtext. I enjoy Fishbourne as an actor but didnt think the writers got his his character right and really enjoyed the DB seasons, hoping Danson can save CSI Cyber which is close to being taken off my watch list. Will find out this Sunday!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I should clarify... I like Fishburne the actor.

And I started out liking his character.

However, when the writers started with the violent-gene storyline combined with the serial killer storyline that carried into what seemed like an entire season... they lost me. (Even though I quit watching CSI when it originally aired I have watched it on reruns on various cable channels.) I don't understand WHY the writers HAD to devote soooo much time to that particular storyline. I don't think they did any favors to the show or Laurence Fishburne. I wonder how many of those writers were involved with the show after that?

Thankfully Ted Danson was brought in to bring the show back to its roots... although they ended it with... another multi-episode (what seemed like the better part of an entire season) serial-killer-with-a-personal-ax-to-grind-storyline... sigh

I'm glad the finale was a traditional CSI case... and a tribute to most (missed you Nick!) of the original cast!!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought DB and Jules had the same type of close relationship that Gil and Catherine had where they respect and love each other like family - nothing more but would do anything for each other the way they would for a family member. Those relationships are rare but they do happen.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: