TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 19, 2015 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I loved this premiere!

FWIW, I didn't think Morgan was upset at Carter being killed. I think he was flashing back to the moment on the porch, when Rick said he didn't have to kill him - because guys like that are going to end up dead anyway.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Haha! So right on the zombie mark! 😝

FUNNY OR DIE- most ridiculous things....

http://www.funnyordie.com/articles/186be63eb4/the-11-most-ridiculous-things-from-last-night-s-the-walking-dead-premiere?_cc=S_t___&_ccid=q0v4gt.nvenzb

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I read there was a closeup of someone with jeans and shoes on"

Now that you mention it, I did notice a close up of a group of walkers from about the chest down (I think). I only noticed it because one of the pairs of feet wasn't walking "walker-like", but just taking normal-looking slow steps. And he was wearing jeans and sneakers that appeared to be a bit too clean. At the time I saw it I just thought "Uh oh, somebody needs to go back to Walker Walking 101" and then I promptly forgot about it.

It never occurred to me that it might've meant something to the plot until I read Pamy's post! This show is known to pay attention to details so, in retrospect, I think it's unlikely that this was just an accident of not editing out an extra with bad walker-walking skills.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wasn't bored at all! Just a bit confused until I worked out what was going on with the two timelines.

I also noticed new Judith. Pretty cute, this one. I kept wanting to see Carl stand up, because he'd shot up so much last season it wouldn't surprise me if he was taller than Rick now. But it was a very minimal Carl episode.

I missed the person in the herd. I do think Enid is involved somehow though, maybe she'd tipped them off that the main group were out doing something. In the trailer for next week she gets in a car and draws JSS on the window... I guess we are meant to know what that means, but I couldn't work it out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Anyone know the significance of showing the Marshall Redding street sign intersection? They showed it twice. Is it a nod to anything?

posting the ? again because its buggin me I tried to google and got nothing LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOst, hahahah #5 had me LOL! and #9 hahaha

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I would guess either it's to excite the fanatics who go and visit the filming site or that intersection is mentioned in the comics.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, October 12, 2015 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Finally got to watch this and I loved it. For me the segments gave the b&w a graphic novel type feel. in the first few minutes on seeing that herd my heart rate jumped. I will watch it again and keep an eye out for any stand outs in the herd. There were a couple of things I did find weird, such as Eugene just opening the gate to these strangers and something with Darryl that seemed out of character that I can't remember atm.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Loved, loved the season premier! Rick totally in charge, seems to be getting a grip on his darker side, thanks, perhaps, to Morgan. So many great moments throughout. I really liked the black and white to define the two timelines.
Favorite line, "I'm supposed to be delivering pizza" by Glenn to person bemoaning going live with the plan instead of a dress rehearsal.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Spoton & Jasper, thanks for that. I loved it too, and the black and white versus color made perfect sense to me. I was beginning to think I was the only one. :-)

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Yup the Black & White to Color was just fine for me. That was a crazy herd of zombies. My husband said why is that woman in the herd she isn't decayed. So we came up with a fresh one. I will have to re-watch to see as I missed what he saw. Then coming on here and reading that others saw regular people as well in the herd.

We were wondering who was honking the horn. They said it sounded like it was coming from the town. That leaves 1. the priest or 2. the girl Carl likes. Can't wait to find out who has totally lost it. Couldn't be Carter as he was eaten and the guy that tried to kill Glenn was out there with them.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think it was the same guys who set that trap in that abandoned food warehouse(?) that Daryl and Aaron found last season. That's where they opened the back of a truck which turned out to have been rigged (by persons unknown) to open a whole row of trucks which released a whole lot of walkers. Daryl and Aaron wound up trapped in a car surrounded by walkers and that's when Morgan showed up with his big stick and saved them.

That trap was as subversive as the horn that messed up Rick's plan to relocate the walker herd in the premiere so I figure both of these acts were done by the same "persons unknown". People are saying this was likely the work of the "Wolves" and I agree because I don't think anyone in Alexandria would do such a thing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's odd that they hadn't attacked (or just taken over) Alexandria before now. I know they were tempted there by Aaron's backpack with the photos, but it seemed like they were close enough to have found the complex before now.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I also think it's the wolves.... Too bad Morgan had a heart and didn't kill them.... Looks like they will be back to bite him in the azz - lol

Also if you've seen the trailer of this season .....

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
you will notice Daryl is all tied up with a gun pointed at his head..... It would have been very easy for them to have grabbed him from motorcycle being he as driving so dang slow. I think this is who has him. Norman R also talked about how he will be in a very dangerous and bad situation.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Oh wow!!! Now this is TWD I've waited 8 mths for!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
OMG! Im exhausted!! Ninja Carol! Damn you Morgan, now there are still 3 of them and you let them get a gun!

and I had to LOL at the cooking lady guarding the guns, she was standing ready like a pro!

Carol she bakes, gives kid advice, and kills! Carol saved the day!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I want to know what's going on with Morgan. He now knows that the person who he knew wanted to kill him but he let live went on to help murder all those Alexandrians, and he let one of that group get away with a gun. Does he realise yet that you can't give everyone the benefit of the doubt anymore?

Enid... they didn't address it on Talking Dead which I thought was strange, but at one point she was trying to tell Carl something but Carl kept interrupting, and she said something like Alexandria was too big it could never be protected, and that's how "we were able to..." and then Carl cut her off. That could mean that she was part of the Wolves (which seems unlikely seeing as they were like a pack of Wolves whereas she was with her family), or could mean that her family were with a group who did similar things, maybe not so gruesome, but perhaps ransacked others' safe zones. Or it could mean something completely different.

Also very cool that it all happened in the 45 minutes the casserole was cooking.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
did it appear the wolves were cutting off people's' arms after they killed them?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
They were doing a lot of chopping! Lol

Tonight was scary, I like it this way. It was weird to watch this show without Rick or Daryl.... They were missed by me, but I get he is busy rounding up walkers.

Carol is so bad azz! Pretty smart to think of that so quick.
I wouldn't mind seeing the ungrateful Ron get bitten!

QUESTION: do these people have running water?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The walker that was killed near the fence had his arms chopped off, and I think the truck that they tried to get in (and resulted in the horn noise) was the one they intended to fill with bodies to take to their traps.

Yes they have running water. Not sure how, from a local well and pump maybe?? They had showers when they first arrived and the kitchen sinks work for sure.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 18, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another thing... the talk about the humans in the walker herd, I watched the last episode again and if you looked at the herd scenes there were quite a few walkers who walked with very human gaits. I wonder if they were filming for so long and the actors never quite knew when they would be on camera and the walker stagger was getting too much hard work to keep up.

Having said that, one particular one was focused on, so it definitely could be significant.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I wondered about what she was saying too. But the Wolves didn't find out about Alexandria until they found the backpack, she was already there.

I think maybe she meant that that is how they were able to sneak in and out all the time without anyone knowing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, the "we" could have meant her and Carl, when they went walkabout. I didn't think about that! It just seemed like she was making some big admission and Carl stopped her. Maybe she was just preparing him for her leaving.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe Enid and her family had a run in with the Wolves or they had seen the aftermath of what the Wolves do to a community or group of survivors. That would explain why she felt Alexandria was too big and that it could never be protected.

Hey, it just now occurred to me....maybe she and her family had been part of Noah's community! That was pretty big and Rick's group and Noah went there, they found that it it had been destroyed and all the people killed by the Wolves.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
San, that is a great theory.