TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 26, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 26, 2015 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that is the only way I will forgive the writers!!! OMG! I am so pissed at the way the killed him...just like any other red shirt AND no one around to shoot him in the head!!! Im sooooo pissed and sad!

also...the guy that died at the fence,,,they all just stood there watching him get eaten alive I kept yelling stab him in the head put him out of his misery and stop him from being a walker!!!!!! so annoying!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well I just felt sick after that, it was all I could do to watch the last bit with Rick and now I have to worry about him.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I was hoping that next week they will put closure to that scene with him, but it looks like next weeks is Morgans story. I just hope it doesn't take up whole 90 min to tell his story.

Also in tonight's episode where the hurt girl Annie fell, WTH didn't she just shoot herself in the head- lol. Could have saved herself from a painful death.

and fwiw, in the comics,,this isn't how he dies.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
IMBD lists Steven in all eps for the rest of the season :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I feel so much better after reading Twitter and seeing TD!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I did read a while ago that Morgan has a standalone episode this season. I hope it isn't next week because that would be very cruel to the viewers.

I think Glenn is dead or a walker. Vague chance the guts were Nicholas' but if they were then he was laying sideways across Glenn, and the rest of Glenn's body was exposed and would pretty much certainly be bitten with all those walkers. One thing though, we didn't see his head bitten, so I would hate it worse than just a death, but there's a chance he could turn and end up a walker.

Once he got out that watch I had a very bad feeling.

And I kind of think we will not know for two weeks, next week will be the Morgan flashback, then the week after we will be back to Rick in the RV and the conclusion of the Glenn story. If we don't have a Glenn story then, I would hate for him to just turn up at the gates as a walker in Episode 8.

This is what Scott Gimble said:

“In some way we will see Glenn — some version of Glenn or parts of Glenn — again. Either in flashback or the current story to help complete the story.”

I don't think flashback would complete his story, although he could still turn up in one, it has to be current story to provide any sort of completion.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 25, 2015 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think I'm right about next week being the Morgan standalone, according to this interview with Lennie James:

It was recently revealed that we’ll be getting a Morgan flashback episode this year, so what can you tell us about what we should expect from that one?

I’m not sure how much I’m allowed to say, but I think it’s going to be (and I haven’t seen the episode yet) an intense ride. It’s very much going to be in keeping with the mythology of The Walking Dead, but is a very different kind of episode. It’s almost like a standalone film, and I believe it’s going to be shown as a 90 minute special.

http://www.heyuguys.com/lennie-james-walking-dead-season-6-morgans-intense-standalone-episode/

This is the only 90 minute episode they've announced.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"and fwiw, in the comics,,this isn't how he dies."

There's another thread in this folder to discuss the comics. I, for one, really don't want to know anything at all about the comics....if I did, I'd read the comics discussion thread and not stay in this one.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Sorry San, but I would have never revealed anything, because it's not true to form anyway.

I'm very bummed to have the full 90 min episode of Morgan next week. The timing is all wrong and unfair to us viewers and Glen. For such a big series regular, this kind of sux for him.

We didn't see till end like all others. We are left to wonder and to see him as a walker probably confronting Maggie or Rick.

And no big exit interview on TTD for fan send off. I think they are screwing him and us.

At least put the closure to this story the following week, THEN do Morgans episode.

Also poor Maggie didn't get to say good by to Beth either, and now Glen.

WTH to the writers, creators, and producers!!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I woke up several times in the night all upset about it. I really will miss him.

What I think (now) will happen is somehow or other all this drama (Wolves, herd) will die down, Glenn won't be back so they will go to the town to look for him - why wouldn't they, they know where he last was, and maybe he'd locked himself in a building and needed rescuing - and they will find Walker Glenn trapped under the weight of Dead Nicholas and they will have to put him down. And it will be horrific.

To add insult to injury, maybe with Nicholas on top of him they assume that Nicholas valiantly tried to sacrifice himself for Glenn.

I agree, if next week is the Morgan episode then it is horribly bad timing. I love Morgan and am interested to know his back story, but doing it when we just want to know about Glenn is cruel.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I too wished they had put that guy at the fence being eaten alive, out of his misery! Did not see Glenn's demise coming at all! In fact, it seemed to me that with last week's episode, which showed Alexandria being attacked, that at one point GLenn michonne and others came into the town at the end--hard to tell with all the timelines being mashed up--glad to see they all made it back to town and shocked to see how the town was attacked! It really seemed as if GLenn made it back all covered in blood and in shock!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do you mean in a promo?

I think at the end of episode 2 we had Maggie and the people who were just outside entering and it all being wrecked, but I don't remember any of the herd gang reaching Alexandria. Then at the end of last night's Michonne, Heath and a hobbling Scott finally reached there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have to say, I didn't like the way they handled this. The ambiguity... just an odd way to kill off a main character, if that's what they did.

Either... they wanted to let it sink in gradually, or he's not dead. Either way, I'm not a fan of the tactic.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well, I like what some people are speculating,,and it does sound possible if he were to survive this mess of zombies.

If Glen were to crawl under the dumpster and there is a loud sound from the others Rick, Daryl etc to get the walkers away from dumpster for Glen to escape.

Because it just doesn't sit right to have ended Glen from the show this way. He's too big and important of a character to go out this way and not even to end it.

So I'm hoping for the best. Just wish we did t have to wait 2 weeks to find out.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched the part again.

Glenn definitely falls with Nicholas across him at an angle.

The first shot we see of Glenn on the ground shows his lower neck/shoulder area upwards is exposed (i.e. not covered by Nicholas).

it looks to me like a walker finger breaks into Glenn's shoulder.

Then intestines come out - these are presumably Nicholas' - and lots of blood - again presumably Nicholas'.

That's the last we see except the wide shot which gives the impression his head is towards the dumpster.

I don't see how he could have pulled himself underneath the dumpster (surely the only escape route) as his arms and body are trapped by Nicholas.

Surely his legs are available for biting even if the walkers at the top are too busy eating Nicholas' guts to eat Glenn.

My guess is still that they will find him bitten and dying or already turned, but pinned under Dead Nicholas.

To find him alive, although welcome, just seems too unbelievable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The thing that makes me suspicious is that even though his head and shoulders are exposed (as we watch him screaming), no walkers attack him there.

With the volume of walkers, that seems odd, whether you think he survived or not.

Over and over we've seen characters bitten in the head or face as walkers converge on them.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
For all we know, some of the Rick crew could be just around corner and a very loud sound could get them turned around toward the sound, which would give Glen the hope of getting under dumpster. You just never really know with these TWD creators and writers. Sometimes they want you to thinks something and yet it's not at all what you think is.

Because of the no Steve on TTD nor the memorandum - it's gives me a small window of hope.

I'm going with them eating Nic and Glen is screaming in horror that he will be next. 😁

I did go and watch the season 6 trailer again for clues, hehe

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I bet (fingers crossed) that next week's Morgan episode will follow the transformation of Morgan from when Rick left him in clear to current day and him arriving on the scene just as the guy shoots himself. Morgan will then go all Jackie Chan and distract the herd allowing Glen to escape and ultimately be saved.

If you remember, Morgan left right after the Wolves left.. so hopefully he will save the day.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Yes, it will be something like that Terolyn 😀

Also a good fact check....

Intestines and guts don't come out of the upper body- neck or the chest (Not glens)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's not that the guts are Glenn's (I assume they are Nicholas'), but that Glenn's head and shoulders are exposed, so Nicholas must be at an angle to him on top of him. Which likely means Glenn's legs are exposed as well. So how can Glenn not get scratched or bitten anywhere on his body?

I'm not saying the show won't find him a way out, I just feel that there is no possible realistic way out. So I would think less of the show if they did let him live more than a short scene where someone finds him pinned and slowly dying, and has to put him down. (Of course I'd soon get over it, and be very happy to have the lovely Glenn back, but for half an hour or so I'd be disappointed!)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, that's kind of the point I was making above. His head and shoulders are fully exposed, but yet they don't converge on him and start biting him.

For every other character I can think of (including all the ones that were engulfed by walkers last night), there's always a head being bitten shot.

So, I just found that odd.

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
I am wondering if next Sunday they will show Glenn's actual death, sort of like part I and part II. He would be in the memorandum next week. He was still alive at the end of the show. I am hoping he was able to roll under the dumpster. I am also hoping the noise Morgan hears in the previews will be Glenn. Maybe there is a manhole under the dumpster. I also think Magie is pregnant. Not sure if I can watch 90 mins of Morgan.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
An interview with Scott M. Gimple, no more spoilerish than our speculation, imo:

TVLINE | Is Glenn really dead?
[Laughs] I’m not going to answer it.

TVLINE | It seems like some folks have gone from being bereft that he died to annoyed at the possibility that they were tricked and he might still be alive. Any backlash concerns?
I definitely want viewers to have an emotional experience either way. There are twists and turns, and bad things happen. Ultimately, it’s all part of a bigger story. I hope that the audience will just wait to see the greater story and see how it all plays out. They’re kind of stopping in the middle of the movie, which they have to because there’s a week between the reels. But we’re still in the middle of the movie.

TVLINE | Was his death scene deliberately shot in a way that would give fans hope that maybe those weren’t Glenn’s guts?
It was shot the way it was shot and it was edited the way it was edited and that is always deliberate. I spend a lot of time on these cuts, so take that as you will.

TVLINE | Will we have to wait a long time before we get a definitive answer on his fate?
Not terribly long. It’ll be in the first half of the season. And there are only five episodes left.

http://tvline.com/2015/10/26/glenn-dies-walking-dead-steven-yeun-alive-dead/

I don't like the last answer. I can just about bear next week's episode being Morgan (if it is) but if they don't address it the week after I will be shouting at my tv!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I already don't like the "There are only 5 episodes left" in my world it's only 4 episodes left, because the dang 90 min episode is all about Morgan and only Morgan! Pfffft

Ugh! And it better NOT be the mid season finale to see what happened to Glen!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, October 26, 2015 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What a lot of non answers.

If he was dead, why won't he just say so? It just feels like playing games with the viewers.