TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 05, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: Archive through November 05, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I finally watched tonight and probably best that I was spoiled by some tabloid tv or maybe an ad for one online..

Have just skimmed and one thing that made no sense.. when my dad died he had a DNR so when we shut off the stuff they shut off we asked if they couldn't remove the tube coming out of his mouth and no they couldn't, not even after he died :-( because since he had had surgery and then things went wrong after that, including the nurse putting a tube not intended for a lung, through the lung that wasn't operated on.. anyway an autopsy was required.. no choice that we could make or even the hospital.. just the law, and they said they couldn't remove that tube.

So when they pulled it out, I just wondered .. and I also wanted them to find out about the denied CT scan and of course the delay of the on call doctor who was such an ass.

I have continued to watch and still loved Derek and Meredith's storyline so I mean I knew he was probably leaving the show, but this was still a blow, hard to watch.

As far as the phone service.

With my phone and others I can be at UCI medical center in the middle of a hugely populated city and county (Orange and Orange) and not have service and walk 10 feet and have service. Another day I can be in the same waiting room or lobby and have service. Anything is possible.

But yes, I DO think if there were first responders still there they would want him to leave but really I don't know. Tow truck drivers I've been around are pretty protective.. stay out of the street!

I'd guess Derek would still be pretty disoriented after all the adrenaline he processed helping all those people, but if they weren't writing him off the program then yeah, he would, pull off the road and collect his thoughts. Again guessing the story line is that he was thinking should I continue on to the airport or go home?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Meredith knew enough to know he was already dead after that fiasco of a surgery.

I also thought maybe she'd go to Switzerland, if they could get Sandra Oh back for an episode or so..

I had thought both of them had contracts that ended with this season so was expecting one or both to leave .. in fact thought back when she was going to move back with him that was it.

I agree that there are other characters I've come to like so I'll still watch.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sea, Meredith reviewed his chart when she first got there. she saw that no CT scan had been ordered and the delay.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am worried that, since Alex is now her 'person', that Alex's current relationship (which I absolutely love!) will be in jeopardy. Otherwise, they need to bring in more male characters.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
isn't the show ending this season?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
what???!!!! where is she?

loved the scenes between Bailey and her husband, and the two burn victims

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
didn't realize it was going to be 2 hours, i am exhausted!
what an emotional show for so many reasons. the parallel scenes with Ellis were quite unnerving.
big dang baby!
best line of the night...."i promise to let you die before me"

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a weird show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Loved it! Still loving' Greys.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 01, 2015 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I didn't much care for the year forward. I wouldn't think the burn patients would be in the hospital for a whole year. They'd be treated as out patients and why did that one burn victim die? I never liked the role of Derek's sister even on Private Practice. I was afraid by the way the story line was going,that Baily was going to lose her husband too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 01, 2015 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"Treated as out patients" -- not as badly as they were burned. That is serious stuff. And debridement is PAINFUL as they showed.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 01, 2015 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I did like that Alex kept calling Meredith to check up on her. He's definitely 'her person'. However, I didn't particularly like the 'fast forward'. It just seemed like they wanted to put some new elements into the show without going through the details. (i.e. April to a war zone, Mer having Derek's baby, the chief getting married, Meredith and Amelia understanding the same type of loss) I just felt like it was a ploy to have a year pass quickly in order to get to new story lines.

However, seeing the previews for next week, they appear to be back to where I thought they would be after Derek's death. That is, Amelia not happy because Meredith didn't call her.

Also, it bugged me at the funeral... where was Derek's sisters and mother, where was Christina, where was Addison.... I get that they were showing the funeral from Meredith's eye's...but, I sort of expected something more from the funeral.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Is it me or does Dr. DeLuca resemble a young Dr. McDreamy?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 07, 2015 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We had an hour of weather coverage. Oh well, perhaps eventually it will show up on repeats.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 15, 2015 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Good episode last night. April must be leaving the show. I don't like that she and Jackson are breaking up. However, I love that Jo and Alex's relationship is getting stronger. Yes, sell Meredith her old house back and get the loft together. You complete each other.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 08, 2015 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i am confused. i thought at the beginning of the show Karev's girlfriend (completely drawing a blank on her name) was saying she found out she is pregnant. At the end of the show she was laughing about not having a baby.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I thought the same thing.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yep, maybe that will be explained in a later episode.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I read a synopsis and what it said was that Jo had found out that Alex and Izzy had frozen some of her eggs which made her know that Alex in the past had planned on having children and that was where the whole "baby or not" thing came from.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Karev's girlfriend found the invoice for the fertilization of Izzy's eggs. That's what she was concerned about. They never said she was pregnant. I think they were just leading us to believe she was pregnant.

It was sweet with Alex trying to save both babies. When the little boy died, he just held him until he passed away. I started crying. It was so Alex.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 09, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
that scene broke my heart, kooklie!

thanks, that makes sense that she was talking about the receipt

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one still watching? The dinner episode was dramatic to say the least.

Penny must have a reason to transfer there. Can't wait till tonight's show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I really wonder what she was thinking. Was that the only hospital she could get a match in?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I feel their disdain for Penny is unrealistic. Am I the only one who feels Miranda's world with her hot husband is getting ready to fall apart in some way? I kept waiting for some terrible issue to befall them last year. Maybe it will be this season. Things are too good between them.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, November 05, 2015 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Roxip, it was just the best hospital for Shonda to create more unrealistic drama for the show. Every year the conflict on GA becomes more and more unrealistic and less and less believable.

I think the only soap opera trope they haven yet tried is to have a major character's evil twin show up and wreak havoc.