TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 15, 2016 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Maybe someone can answer this for me.....

First of all I thought Carol was faking her scared hyper-ventalating etc ..... Being she faked being insecure and weak when she entered Alexandia.

She turned into this extremely non fearing badass character.

Did we ever see her as religious? Since when did she carry around roseri beads? Did we ever see her with them before?
Was just wondering how this just came about.

I get how she got this vulnerable, but we never saw it coming. Or did we and I missed it?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The rosary beads came from the walker that was in the room when they arrived. First the bad group killed it, then they dragged it past Carol and the beads from them snagged on her clothes, and she grabbed them for her plan (I think to use them as a sharp edge more than the religious thing).

I didn't remember he being that religious before, but on Talking Dead Melissa McBride said that Carol's faith had helped her with Sofia.

I think her crisis has come from the two months off screen they were given in relative comfort inside Alexandria, where she was able to actually process what had happened. Everything was such a rush before she probably didn't have to time to think.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think we saw an intimation of this in the last epi, as she baked cookies for everyone, laid one on Sam's grave, and also wouldn't tell the others about Morgan.

In fact, didn't we see this coming in an even earlier episode when she sat on the steps that one day sobbing, after she slit that woman's throat?

Last night on TTD, the actress who plays Carol said that Carol is both - badass and homemaker. And she said Carol was both faking and not faking.

She said that Carol and Paula saw themselves in each other. Women who became what they needed to be after they lost everything that mattered to them (their children).

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I guess I missed the walker with the beads

Texas4ever

02-12-2009

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texas4ever a private message Print Post    
It seemed to me that on the Talking Dead, Carol was sad. She didn't smile much and she looked down a lot, not really making eye contact. Makes me think her days are numbered.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Texas, I think she is always like that in interviews. She's not that eloquent, I recall that from previous appearances on TTD.

Anyone else?

It's certainly possible. You never know when they start featuring someone because they think that person's "story arc" is over....

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If she is the big character death (if there is one), why wouldn't they have waited three weeks to have her in the show after that? I mean there could be reasons, like she said she'd be too upset, but I'm hoping it's a good sign.

And I'm putting my fingers in my ears and going lalalalalala to anyone who tells me one of them is going to die!

Oh, when rewatching last week's episode with Tara and Heath going on a run, I thought how convenient! I doubt we will be seeing either of them for the rest of the season, Tara of course is very very pregnant, and Heath has a part on a new show.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Kitt, I don't think they would have waited to have Carol on the TD finale is he were the one killed off..... Unless they are setting "us" up..... Hmmm

Karuuna, I just watched a past TD and Carol is the same way. Don't think she is comfortable on talk,shows. It's just her personality I think.

But I do have to say when Daryl asked her if she was alright, she said no..... I'm worried that the "badass" Carol is gone. I don't like the weak and vulnerable Carol.

The old Carol didn't stand out before. I would still hate to lose this character. Getting worried.

I also don't want to hear about who is leaving either.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hey, Kitt - what show is the actor that plays Heath going on?

Lostfan, thanks. I thought that is what I remembered about that actress.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He has a big part in the 24 reboot.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lostfan, didnt they have Beth on TD the week before she was killed and then brought her back the next week?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Why didnt Jesus or those other guys tell Rick what Negan looks like?

Lost, I agree that this change in Carol came outta the blue. Almost makes me fear they are setting up for a Carol kill. noooooooooooooo!

I loved how happy Daryl was to see her. I want them together

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of Carols introspection is Morgan's doing.

I don't recall Melissa McBride mentioning faith getting Carol thru Sophia's death, but Carol did say that to Paula. My opinion was her behaviour was all an act to protect Maggie but then her reluctance until push became shove (literally) with Paula showed how affected she is right now.

And ita re Melissa, she is akward in interview situations.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure. But I still recall Carol sobbing when she killed one of the Alexandria-ites, right?

Wasn't that the beginning of her introspection?

I think what Melissa McBride said was that Carol told Paula that her faith got her through her daughter's death, but that was also the point when she started losing her faith.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Pamy,

Beth didn't come on talking dead till the night her,character died. But she also couldn't come on,the 1st half because she was so upset ..... She was on the 2nd half.

I don't know if they are setting us up for Carols downfall or not.

I read an interview from Melissa McBride on wetpaint.com

She said the finale is so scary and dark. Andrew said he couldn't sleep after reading the script.

All I know is I hope the finale doesn't bring an end to Rick, Glen, Daryl, Carol, Maggie or Michone. This just may ruin the series for me to lose one of these people. The others I wont care as much, but would still miss them.

Another actor on this show I found out has a new show starting, bit it could also be worked into the hiatus. So I won't read to much into it.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
norman is doing a spin off of his characters love of motorcycles ..... Sort of a reality based show traveling the world

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, March 14, 2016 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh ty Lost!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think you're right Kar. She cried after she killed her neighbour. The one she told that cigarettes would kill her and then she was out having a puff when the walkers got in. With that she stopped her from turning, she had been bit. She always seems to be thinking but I do think Morgan has hit a nerve with her.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
With the show you mentioned Lost i remember him mentioning it but I thought it was just about his love of them nothing to do with the character. I think AMC is just capitalizing on the love of the show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
There's also the W man. When he was helping Denise get to the infirmary Carol shot him, assuming he was still evil. She looked a bit shocked when she saw Denise's reaction but presumably didn't understand it, but later I'm sure she heard the whole story and realised that he had actually done what Morgan had said, or at least started on some sort of journey to betterment that she'd cut short.

And there's a chance she heard (through word of mouth) what Sam had muttered before he was bitten, and realised that came from her spooking him.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Your right Jasper, I said it wrong. 😉

Kitt, I forgot, what did Sam say before he was bitten?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When Carol found him watching her taking guns after they first arrived at Alexandria she told him something like if he told then it would be bad because then no one would be able to save him from the monsters, who would tie him to a tree(?) and eat him. When they were going through the herd and he saw the little boy walker he started muttering something about Carol's story, monsters and trees. (He'd also been drawing pictures of it up in his room earlier, she really messed with his brain!)

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, oh I knew all that, but I don't remember him saying Carols name.

That's what's confusing, because if he didn't say her name,,why would anyone even think Carol is the one who scared him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He didn't say her name. However, Carol knows who told him that story. And it's not hard for her to put it together.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, March 15, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Lol lost and I was trying to say it without saying it.

With Sam, he heard her voice in his head and I think he was saying the monsters. Nothing about Carol aloud. But it was that story that did him in for sure. And if she heard the monsters she would have known.

I don't think the W guy was going to be redeemed in the long run. He was getting her to the infirmary to save his own life.

I'm a little worried for everyone. If the cast thinks the finale is terrifying after the opener where Sam and his mom died and that whole ep I don't know what to expect.