TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 09, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 09, 2016 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Ok. Haha. It's so confusing, because I read 3 different versions of who they are saying it is.

But I hope that the actor who said they knew who died, isn't the one who is gone.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I read that the actors made a pact not to talk about it, I think it was Andrew Lincoln who said that. But a certain person has had loose lips before, and has also (presumably) purposely misled people before (presumably, again) for fun.

My guess is they all, or at least the big players, know. I'm sure they will have recorded that whole scene except perhaps the one on one of the bashing, but everyone who was meant to give a reaction shot would have filmed it while they were so much in that mode. Just my opinion, not based on any facts, just when actors are in the mode like they were, I don't think you make them wait six months to film the last vital few minutes.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Point of View Theory:

At the very beginning of the episode we see points of light coming in through some slats of wood. It all a bit hazy, there's heavy breathing, and it's clear some people are trapped in a small, dark room/box and are in distress. The point of view that we are seeing is from someone in the box: we're seeing through their eyes as they look out.

The show continues, and two more times (I think) we cut from the main part of the action to the insides of this box, with more heavy breathing and more looking out from this dark box, to something bright outside. Both scenes are from the point of view of someone inside.

When it comes to the line up, we find out about the box. The Saviours line up the newly captured Rick and his group, then after a while, Dwight goes to a truck thing, we cut to the inside view again, the doors to the dark box open into the bright light (again we were seeing from the point of view of one person inside the box) and Dwight pulls out the people in the truck. Switch to normal camera work and we first see Daryl then Michonne and Rosita, with Glenn at the back. Then they're all lined up with the others.

That's the main theory that (if you agree with it) means that the person who dies is someone from the box: Daryl, Michonne, Rosita or Glenn.

I have an extension to the theory, because after those four are added to that line up they do more normal scenes, but one thing that seems significant to me is that during the Eeenie Meenie part, we see everybody getting eenieed or at least looked at, except Glenn. My theory on this is that at the start of the eeniees they switched to the point of view of that same person inside the box (just that person is now in the line up) and that person was Glenn, so that's why we can only see Negan and the other people, not Glenn himself. Then we see the point of view of that same person whose eyes we've looked through all along, while he is bashed.

I'm pretty sold on this theory, the scenes inside the box were too out of place for them not to be significant.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, we do see Glenn at some point, don't we? We see him on the ground, trying to get to Maggie?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Thank You Kitt! You explained it pretty good, so tell me if I got it now..... Lol

So the person that is watching thru the cracks is the same person thru out and it would only make sense then that it "would have to be the same person" watching the bat attacking them too? At the same time, if it's the person people think it is, that person didn't actually imo be in the right spot. It seemed to be somone who was in between 2 people. But it could just be an illusion I guess.

Then is basically just a guess that it is only 1 person viewing thru the cracks? Hahaha

I didn't even think those scenes were even related to TWD - which is why I didn't even pay attention. I just thought maybe it was some sort of a preview to a new show that hadn't been advertised yet. Now I need to go back and rewatch so I can get what you are all seeing.

And your right about the scene of the killing and the reactions from,others was most likely already filmed. IMDb already has S7 e1 listed under JDM. Would also make sense for continuity from looking exact after 6 mths of haitis.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sure they will have recorded that whole scene except perhaps the one on one of the bashing

They have already recorded the one on one bashing. That's the leaked scene I saw. But of course, it's not a real person.

I think they can just start next season with ... a month later... or something. They don't need to necessarily go back to that scene.

If they already had the actors go through 15 hours of filming, I see no reason for them not to go through it again. This show doesn't go for economy, necessarily.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's it Lostfan! It took me a couple of goes before I realised what we were seeing in the box too.

If they've recorded the bashing (another thing to be scared of finding on the internet!) then I reckon the actor has been set free from their contract, in which case the others for sure must know, because wouldn't they have had some sort of celebration/commiseration event?!

I hope it doesn't start with a month later, didn't the guest on Talking Dead say we'll start where we left off?

Well, we do see Glenn at some point, don't we? We see him on the ground, trying to get to Maggie?
Yes, but throughout the show we switch from the point of view of the person in/out of the box to normal camera work and back again. I think they filmed most of the line up "normally," then when it got to the eeniees they switched back (somewhat artistically at first) to point of view mode, which was why Glenn wasn't in the eenie footage.

Who's JDM?

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Jeffery Dean Morgan the actor who plays Negan

Also, the creators had already mentioned it was going to start off where they left off. They said it would have to be played out this way because of the leaving the fans at a big cliff hanger.

Karuuna,,are you saying the leaked clip you saw was after everything we saw on finale night? Hmmmm

I do know a little bit of the after effects on the comics, because I was curious of the reactions of the others..... I blame this one on TWD people for making us wait...,, but at the same time, the comic doesn't have the same people in the line up...

I'm good if they kept the same, although I would be bummed for the actor ...... But I would be more upset if they killed off Daryl.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was thinking if it is Glenn maybe they decided not to let us know it was him until next year because of all the negativity they got teasing of his death earlier. People felt they had been played and lots of fans were irritated.

The only reason I think it wont be Glenn is because why did they pretend for him to die this season only to really kill him off at the end??

I agree the POV shots are significant and are the POV of the person killed. My friend said the bashee has to be someone to the right and I think that is Maggie Glenn and I forget the other person.

They have said its a beloved character so it could be Daryl or Michonne. I really hope its not Glenn. I dont think Rosta is beloved so I think she is safe.

I really believe they filmed the killing that night, otherwise it doesnt make sense why the actors were soooooo disturbed filming this finale. My money is that its Daryl. Wish it was Abe or Eugene

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the same about Glenn and his undeath. It made me emotionally check out from him a bit, because that whole thing was so frustrating. But I thought maybe they did that on purpose, to help us?! You never know if they were doing us a favour, easing us into it. Unlikely I guess.

Not sure if I said this earlier, but does anyone remember Glenn actor on Talking Dead after they revealed he wasn't dead (after the dumpster)? He was so overly emotional, it was kind of weird. I wonder if he knew he was going at that point and that's why the fan reaction meant so much to him.

Another thing is I think he is so attached to the art and integrity of the show that, having always known his character's fate in the comics, he might have persuaded himself into believing that it was right for the character and he really should be the one to take that role. If so, he could have known about this for a while or even actually offered to take one for the team.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Thursday, April 07, 2016 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
It's hard to believe that it's Glen because of all,the anguish they pulled last time with Glen's death... And it didn't seam to me that Negan was that far to the left. Glen was at the far left side..... But if you watch this video of all the actors talking about the filming of the finale. Steve Y who plays Glen seems very emotional compared to the others including Andrew Lincoln. It's sad if he has to go and I really wish we are all being tricked and are wrong and it's really Abe that got it!

http://www.amc.com/shows/the-walking-dead/video-extras/season-06/episode-16/spoilers-inside-episode-616-the-walking-dead-last-day-on-earth?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=1-inside-616&utm_campaign=TWD

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I just listened to the end of the show through the einny menny miney mo wearing my ear buds. You do not hear anyone but Negan talking through the bashing. They flash Glen real quick through the whole thing but no proof that it was Glen who gets bashed. People say they hear someone screaming I did not hear that.

Negan says "damn look at that taking it like a man." as he continues bashing them.

My guess is it is Eugene.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Vickie, there is muffled screaming....

I posted a video above that someone had slowed down and you near the voices

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
lostfan I went to your link above and there wasn't any slo-mo video or sound. It flashed fast through Negan ready to bash and then goes to commercial and then the cast talking about the episode.

I hear wailing music and Negan talking. I might of got it wrong on "man" & it could be "champ".

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Vickie, this is the link, there is only black screen with the audio in slow motion.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2016/04/05/who-did-negan-kill-theory-the-walking-dead-audio-who-died/

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Karuuna,,are you saying the leaked clip you saw was after everything we saw on finale night? Hmmmm

The leaked clip, and I think it's not a spoiler now, is of Nagan bashing in the "head" of someone, you can't see the head itself, because it is blocked, but some of the other actors may (or may not) be visible, it's very dark. It's a fake head of course.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, good points

Vickie!!!! ty for reminding me that he said that. even if he said champ, thats something he would say to a man not girl....sooooo we know it''s not maggie or any girl.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I agree with you about champ...

It seems like most signs point to Glenn, and jsut a few to Daryl.

However, I am still niggled by the idea that reports are that this act "breaks" Rick... which keeps making me keep Michonne open as a possibility.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think he's closer to Glenn and Daryl than to Michonne. They've been his brothers through this whole experience, right from the start, through thick and thin. Michonne came a while later, has slowly become a trusted friend and now a lover, but she was pretty cold and insular at the beginning and didn't really warm up until she met up with Rick and Carl after they all escaped the prison (before they ended up in Terminus). That was only four months ago. For sure Michonne's death would have a huge effect on Rick, but not like Daryl or Glenn (and particularly Glenn, as he represents hope and the future).

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Rick doesn't exactly have much luck with his woman in zombie world

First he lost Lori, than Jessie, so it's a possibility for Michone but would Negan call her "Champ"?

My fear is Daryl, being it was him closest to seeing thru those cracks from POV .... the voices did also sound like Glen and Daryl talking..... I still wish it would be Abe

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Uh, because he's sleeping with Michonne, so not sure I agree with you. :-)

I think Michonne and her toughness could warrant "taking it like a champ."

But it's likely Glenn. I just still have a bit of doubt.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I vote Abraham. Tough guy, military, trained to withstand torture.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Lostfan I will check that when I get home from work. Thanks I really want to see what I hear. I am finding it is hard for me to hear when the show is on. My hearing is getting bad and they all whisper or mumble their words. I think it is them trying to speak "american" and they are british.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 08, 2016 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess it doesn't neccessarily mean that they died, does it?

Vickie

07-16-2004

Saturday, April 09, 2016 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I just got through listening to the slo-mo sound byte and I will say again it is the music wailing. It is unbelievable how much instruments might sound like voices and such.

I don't mean to sound argumentative it just is. Listen to the end of the show if you have access to it. I buy the season so I have it to hear. You will hear what is music not voices for affect. It works wonders when you watch a show and then the music starts. The wailing they put in for this shot works.

There are not any clues of Maggie yelling Glen or anything like that. The biggest is that Negan did say "Champ".