TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: Archive through March 04, 2016 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I guess we all like serious hospital drama or we wouldn't still be watching...LOL!

I'm hoping we could do a "Who Shot JR?" scenario and have Derek's death be just a dream!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 06, 2015 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, is the new foreign doctor a love interest for April.... to make Jackson jealous ???

When she went to 'talk' to Derek, all I could think is that someone forgot to tell him about it because I didn't see him.

Is Meredith and Alex going to be an item?

I did like the storyline about the Chief and his daughter. For someone who always seems to know what to do medically, the Chief just doesn't always seem know what to do regarding his and Ellis daughter. But, you can tell he loves her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, November 07, 2015 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have read that they aren't going to try and do a relationship story with Meredith - they know it is too soon for the viewers....LOL! I hope so. Alex and Meredith would be a horrible couple.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody else watch last night's Winter Finale? It was so good. I am so glad that Meredith finally told Amelia (who is a serious spoiled brat!) to leave her house. I actually cried when the one firefighter died. I have to wait for several months to find out whether April and Jackson get back together...all in all good stuff!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think April and Jackson will get back together. April is just thinking they won't. They will...

As for the Owen situation, I think that the new foreign doctor was married to Owen's sister and somehow caused her death.

It was a weird episode for me .... it seemed really disjointed. I didn't particularly care for it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought they were tying up (and launching) some new storylines. I thought the same thing about the Owen situation...it was obvious that Owen's mother truly loved the foreign doctor.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, I guess that was it. But, did they have to have 'everyone' involved in a cliffhanger.

Will Jo leave Alex?
Will Bailey have more confidence in her abilities?
Will Owen make nice with the foreign Doctor?
Will April and Jackson get back together or will April talk Jackson out of it by not letting him get a word in edgewise?
Will the Chief continue to be a wingman or will his wife come back from her directing of the episodes?
Will the Chief's daughter get pregnant with all her rabbit like activities?
Will Amelia really go off the deep end with the drinking?
Will Owen kill the new doctor because he started Amelia drinking again?
Will Amelia get therapy and put us out of our misery?
Will the new foreign doctor be there long enough for me to remember his name?

Too many storylines....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Will April and Jackson get back together or will April talk Jackson out of it by not letting him get a word in edgewise?

LOL... that's so right on target.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I figure she will end up pregnant. Isn't that the Grey's way?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Kar, I just wanted to 'smack' her upside the head to shut her up! She was so annoying....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 20, 2015 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I know. He was right on point when he was telling her how annoying she was, and she kept right on being annoying.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Owen will get really mad when he finds out that drunk Amelia had a one night stand with the Aussie.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, November 21, 2015 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yup.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 3:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
For a show that is basically about strong and capable women they all came across as whiny, needy, and so ridiculously childish in this episode (the exceptions being Merideth and Callie for once!). I was surprised that Shonda would make an episode that highlighted all their insecurities and fears and jealousies and lack of overall maturity as much as she did this week....to the point that they all became stereotypes of needy women who can't think for themselves.

Jo was so needy for validation that she wanted to break up with Kurev and was ready to dump every friend she has made there because she takes everything in that hospital personally.

Arizona was so childish and desperate for the Chief to help her get a date...she acted like a 16 year old..

April was so in denial that she has any responsibility for her marital issues that she refuses to listen to anything but her own whining and self pity.

Amelia is so self involved that she makes anything and everything all about her to the point that she starts drinking. She acts as if she the piece of poop around which the whole universe revolves!

And Maggie is so talkative about everything that crosses her mind that she never shuts up long enough to hear anything but her own yapping...she came there as a strong woman in charge of her life but now she has devolved into a high school girl who panics when she "likes a boy".

Even Bailey, when facing her first big pep talk for that impending big influx of burn victims, turned into a helpless little girl who couldn't take command without the Chief holding her hand and telling her how to do something she's been doing since Day 1, which is taking command of a difficult situation and saving the day!

The only one of these characters that didn't rely on a man to validate or fix them was Amelia...but it looks like that might be what she wound up doing after seeing the new doctor in the bar.

<SMH>

Why did all those strong, capable women turn into whiny, helpless little babies all at the same time? I have always thought the characters were way too immature to take any of this show too seriously, but this week I just found it bizarre....they usually at least take turns having their nervous breakdowns.

Just curious...do any of the women here think these female characters were a bit more over-the-top immature and ridiculously insecure in this episode than usual?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 23, 2015 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was really disappointed in the direction they took Arizona's character. She is a beautiful woman - she doesn't need a "wing person" to help her get a date - I'm sure she could walk into any bar - and surely a known lesbian bar - and get more than enough offers.

I think Jo has a "I will leave you before you can leave me" life philosophy. She has had to pretty much make her own way in life (similar to Karev's story) so she is afraid to become too close to people because in her experience people always leave. I think she was feeling secure with her relationships (with Stephanie and with Alex) and they both (in her viewpoint) seem to be blowing up on her.

April - definitely immature but she almost always has been.

Amelia - trainwreck.

Maggie - remember that she has always focused on her career and being the child prodigy - she has no clue how to work within relationships. The only stable relationship she had in her past was her parents and now they have disintegrated. She truly is clueless.

I'm not surprised Bailey is having some jitters, but I did feel having her have to look to Richard for guidance (although he has always been her mentor) a little weird.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No one watching? I thought the new episode after the hiatus was a good one.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched it and I thought it was really good too -- although really hard to watch! I guess it was the end of the "Derek" story arc - Meredith had to understand that she was angry and had been for a while even though she didn't know it herself.

Glad Amelia is getting the help she needs...woman still is a trainwreck!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I still have one of the last episodes before the winter break (Oct. 22) on my DVR -- "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner". Great acting by many in the cast.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Interesting episode again. Although, it was clear to see where the psychiatrist was taking Meredith. Love me some Karev.... he needs a happy ending to his love story.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Will Mer's new love interest be the Aussie, the Redhead, or someone new?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the Aussie. It would be too convenient if he got together with April. I think April will want Jackson, not the aussie. Who's the redhead? Clearly, they need more men on this show!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Another interesting episode. I think the Aussie and Grey will be getting together. Glad to see that Owen and Amelia are working things out. For all her issues, I do like Amelia's character, especially when she's sober, a female Derek. The flashback to the first episode was especially touching.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And I giggled at the chief last night with both Arizona and his daughter's intern love interest. To me, he's the best character on the show but is overshadowed by all the women!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
good episode, but I questioned why Grey took her hand off the bleeding woman chest when she did, if they were thinking that there would be complications, (and they eluded to that a lot) why did they not wait till they were in the operation room to do that, instead of the long haul down the hall ways and elevator while she was pouring blood all the way there.. I just felt that was off to me. They should have waited till they were in the operating room to do that ..just for that reason...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 04, 2016 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh and, since 'Meg's' (Owen's sister) plane was 'never found', does that mean she could still be alive and maybe held captive somewhere? Hmmmmm.