TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
HOUDINI AND DOYLE

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: HOUDINI AND DOYLE users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Anybody else watching? It is wonderful fun.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, May 26, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I have it on my list to watch. It looks like fun.

I've enjoyed Stephen Mangan (Doyle) in other shows.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I love, love, love the actor who plays Houdini. It's a take-your-brain-out-and-sit-it-beside-you type of show…very enjoyable.

Richardgirl

08-23-2013

Friday, May 27, 2016 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Richardgirl a private message Print Post    
Love this show! Great acting by both leads!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Another good episode last night.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, June 07, 2016 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I am really enjoying this series. Thanks for the heads up on it... I had no idea it even existed.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have a problem with it because there was a time when I was fascinated by Doyle and I read about him and his interactions with Houdini, they were not friends. Their association was minor at best - these are real people and it just seems to trivialize and at the same time white wash them into stereotype characters. So I take offense for them. I wish it had just made characters based on them and not used their names.
It is an entertaining show, but I wished they did not use names of real people.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
But then I don't think you'd get many people watching. There is already Artful Detective so why add another detective show that is set in a similar time.

I have never thought that the show was based on actual interactions or any relationship that may have existed between the two. I chalk the show it up to creative license.

The only thing that I'm getting hung up on is... Houdini was a performer... he performed all over the world. Is the show going to have him gone for extended periods of time?

And speaking of Artful Detective... both Houdini and Doyle have appeared on the show... along with a long cast of other prominent historical figures from the turn of the century.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just sort of take my mind out, sit it on the sofa beside me and enjoy the heck out of the show.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Bad episode about the mentally ill. Nothing charming about it at all like all the previous shows.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 06, 2016 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The current season if over. DD says they might no do any more seasons. Rat…it's such a good show.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: