TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
American Gothic - CBS

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: American Gothic - CBS users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 25, 2016Colordeagua25 06-25-16  5:33 am
Archive through July 10, 2016Naja25 07-10-16  4:55 pm
Archive through July 25, 2016Marameko25 07-25-16  9:55 am
Archive through August 08, 2016Pamy25 08-08-16  6:29 pm
Archive through August 26, 2016Biloxibelle25 08-26-16  6:05 pm
Archive through September 02, 2016Muffin25 09-02-16  9:42 pm
Archive through September 10, 2016Cablejockey25 09-10-16  11:42 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, ty so much for the pics, its been fun seeing them recreated!

Panda

07-15-2005

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yes I agree, I was wondering about the Madame X painting. thanks.

So funny, I went to eat at Red Robin's with my family and they had not one, but two American Gothics on their walls! There was a huge one in the waiting to be seated area and I have to say I couldn't stop staring at it! LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching my tape.

No wonder the little boy is nuttier than a fruitcake, he has serial killer genes coming at him from all sides.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"I'm kind of rooting for the dollmaker", LMAO, I am too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Here I am hoping that the Mom gets killed, since she deserves it, and then Cam rides a dead body down the stairs. LMAO, I burst out laughing.

OMG, too funny.

I did wonder why he didn't check the dead guy for a cell phone though.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
One good thing, Mom is dead, she was spooky scary, I was afraid she was going to not really be dead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now will Sophie be able to get the money out of the crypt? And there happens to be a passport she can alter there as well.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think I missed how they got rid of the new mayors' husband, where did he go?

I really liked the ended. Wrapped things up nicely for me, the truly evil woman was killed and the kids might turn out ok.

I even have hopes for the little boy....Oops, I spoke too soon, evil Mommy left his a voicemail in the Bear!!!

ACCCKKKK, and the mayor is following in her Mommy's footsteps! Hahahahahahaha!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I think I missed how they got rid of the new mayors' husband, where did he go?"

I think he went to the same place the dead mother's wacky mother went....back into the red herring closet!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I always enjoy your commentary on shows, Dipo! And thanks again for the pics and info, Sanfran! LOL, I agree there were some good red herrings on this one.

This was an entertaining show and I enjoyed chatting with everyone here about it. Lots of posts which is always a good sign of interest!

Looky_lou

05-07-2011

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Looky_lou a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the show and it kept me guessing until the very end. I loved how once we knew it was a female in her 30's they kept showing the siblings, all with a different female in their 30's. And just when you think it's over there is one last twist. I liked that the first hour and the last hour's title referenced the same painting. I took it to mean that the daughter became the mother.

I had to laugh out loud too when Cam rode the dead body down the stairs.

I'm glad I decided to read this board because you guys got me interested in watching the show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, LMAO! I forgot about that but I also LOL at that!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Sunday, September 11, 2016 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I just watched the ending and I loved it! They tied it altogether in a package with a ribbon on top. My kind of show.
I would like to see another show next time. Obviously different story and characters, but a real whodunnit like this one was.
I liked the ending, showing us all how the family was doing after 1 year. They were all very close and seemed happy.
The older daughter is the ruthless one, but the oldest in most families feel they must look after their younger siblings. And she did.
I also loved watching this show with all of you here and getting everyone's input.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh and I just remembered another part that I just loved, when Mom's attorney was telling her about Boston Legal. I died laughing at the reference and advice she was giving. It was such a good recap of Boston Legal, I miss that show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I LOVED that also!!!!

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, September 12, 2016 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I also really enjoyed this series, more than I expected. I also loved the reference to Boston Legal!

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Season 1 of this show.......after months of my sister trying to convince me to watch it and I loved it! What a twist at the end! Does anyone know if there will be a Season 2?

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly this was just one of those one off, 13 ep things. Like Containment.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Jasper. I thought this was the case because of the way it ended. They neatly tied up all of the characters in such a way it made me wonder where could they go from here?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: