TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 14, 2016 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, August 22, 2016 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I just finished episode 12 where they tried to take out the "Saviors." They killed a bunch of people, but at the end some women came on the walkie and said they have Carol and Maggie. Uh oh. I have a bad feeling about this.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oohhh the next ep is great!

soooooo you now know our Glenn didnt really die. I was sooooo happy! Online went nuts when we all thought he died and then people started looking closely frame by frame and realized he couldnt have. There was some super funny memes out there for those looong 2 weeks we waited to find out his fate!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't really think he was dead, cause I read here of everyone speculating that he crawled under the dumpster (as ridiculous as that was). I also read that he wasn't on Talking Dead to make his farewell, so I wasn't too worried. I do feel used by this show, though. They really played on our affection for Glenn by appearing to kill him off.

This show is like Game of Thrones. You can lose anybody at any time. This is one of those TV shows that stays with me. I think about how I would keep my family safe in the zombie apocalypse, especially at night when I'm in the backyard with my dogs. What would happen to them?

Remember in the very first season there was that group taking care of the elderly people in the nursing home in Atlanta, I think? They had all those little chihuahuas. "Satan's guard dogs." LOL.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I felt used too. Like they'd played with my emotions just for fun. I understood what they were trying to do - show us how realistically things happen and you can just lose people and never know what happens to them - but it's tv and we need answers!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, yes many hated how they played with us..they even took his name off the opening credits!!! dirty dogs!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I only have two episodes left in season 6, but I'm afraid to watch them because all your comments above (around the end of the season) are saying somebody's going to die. I just watched Denise get shot thru the eye with Daryl's crossbow. I'm not sure how much more of this show I can take.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
tell me about it! but the quicker you get those two episodes over the longer you'll have to come to terms with it happening to someone before the premiere, as we still don't know for sure who does actually die.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just watched episode 15, and that's all I can take for one day. When Darryl got shot, I gasped out loud and said, "Nooooooo!" My dog started barking hysterically! And yet:

I am not looking forward to the season finale. At. All.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I live in atlanta. If you're ever here, I highly recommend the walking dead tour in Harolson (where they filmed the last 2episodes of season 3 where Merle is killed by the governor and Darrell finds him). You visit about 4 places used in filming and get to recreate the scenes. Also go to the tour in Senoia. You get to go right up to the wall around alexandria. It's a real subdivision built just for the walking dead. All the homes have been bought but you can't move into them yet until filming is over. You might want to eat at Nic and Norman's... A restaurant opened by Greg Nicotero and Norman Reedus.

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
I'll post some pics later. Really fun!

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
The real AlexandriaAlexandria

Puttergirl

08-11-2000

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puttergirl a private message Print Post    
My family on the tour where Merle got killed
Where Merle died

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That would be such a lot of fun!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, August 29, 2016 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I agree w/Kitt. you will need the next two months to prepare for whoever it is.

wasnt that scene shocking when Denise was hit in the eye? I was so bummed!! I liked her

Puttergirl, I would love to do that tour!!! way better than the Walking Dead haunted house at Universal studios that we are going to in Oct!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I had meant to watch it this week (still working up my courage), but I've been dealing with my mom's health issues for the past couple of months. She fell and broke her hip on July 5th and had to have surgery. She then had to have ANOTHER surgery 10 days later, cause the first one fell apart. She's been in a skilled nursing facility for over two months now. She's 93. So much of my energy has gone to seeing that she gets what she needs. I'm not sure I have the energy to see one of my beloved TWD characters get killed off.

I'll get to it. (I'll admit. I got distracted by Bachelor in Paradise. I needed a happy, little show for summer.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Best wishes to your mom! The episode is very tense and might not be what you need right now. The premiere isn't until October 24th(? I think) so you have time to wait until you're more mentally prepared.

I have accepted a particular character (and I'm pretty sure which one it is) will die and I'm just going to not look at the event and lalalalalala-not-happening through it. Then going to pretend it happened some other way and just try to get used to it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjmom, Im so sorry to hear about your mom. I think Kitt is giving good advice :-)

Ive come to terms with whoever gets killed unless it's my one fav. If it happens to that person I will be in mourning for a month

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2016 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show reminds me of Game of Thrones. You never know who they're going to kill off next (unless you peek at imdb.com like me and know how many episodes they've all been in--I've stopped peeking; at this point I only know of one character who is "safe"--for now). I remember being so upset about the Red Wedding when I was reading the books. I was still mad when I woke up the next morning!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Finally had to FORCE myself to sit down and watch the finale. I officially HATE this show.

And I was terrified for Morgan's horse the whole time, too. We've seen what happens to horses on this show.

My stomach was so clenced the entire show, I should've just watched it in the bathroom (sorry, TMI?). Why do they do this to us???? This is not fun.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It almost makes you try to force yourself to not care about the characters, because then it won't hurt so much. And that could really be the kiss of death for a character show like this.

And worse, with Negan clearly being a big player now, is it going to get any better? At least with the big Governor scene he ended up dead and the story moved on, this upcoming season is seems like it will be more of the same.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Also I've been reading everyone's theories above as to who got the Lucille treatment. Sadly, my money's on Glenn. He is one of the most beloved characters (the PTB keep using that word). And I don't believe they would DARE kill off Darryl. They would lose too many viewers. It would actually break my heart if it was Eugene, but I could lose Abe without shedding too many tears. His character is annoying and I just don't buy the relationship between him and Sasha.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Glenn too. I am 99% sure they were trying to tell us it was one of the group the Saviors took early on (Daryl, Glenn, Rosita, Michonne) because of the first person point of view thing, and I agree Daryl is unkillable at this point, Rosita's nothing (sorry Rosita) and Michonne, though a good character, wouldn't have the emotional power of Glenn.

So I think Glenn's who it should be, but they may choose a cop out and go for Abraham.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I also thought it could be Carl, but then he's not "beloved," just annoying. I thought he'd lost that stupid hat!!! At least he's grown into it and it doesn't slide down around his ears anymore. That would totally devastate Rick, though. Even though most of us here find Carl annoying, Rick's kind of attached to him.

Interesting (and slightly irrelevant) side note: I read recently that the little girls (identical twins) who played Holly Wheeler on "Stranger Things" played Judith in the 2013-2014 season (season 4?). Their names are Anniston and Tinsley Price. I love trivia.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2016 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry if this is late, but I just had to chime in on a conversation you all had following the season finale.

Lostfan said, If you look at JDM imdb he has the season 7 episode 1 already listed in his credits. So what he filmed would be for season 7

They never post seasons before they were filmed.

This is not true. I've been checking IMDB since I started watching this show (sometimes just to find out who the actors are and sometimes to see how many episodes an actor filmed so I could find out if someone was "dead"). They have shown 7 seasons and 99 episodes since last spring when I started watching. Those episodes are set and most of the cast signed, but not filmed yet.