TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
DESIGNATED SURVIVOR

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: DESIGNATED SURVIVOR users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 24, 2016Pamy25 09-24-16  12:09 pm
Archive through September 30, 2016Aka25 09-30-16  10:24 pm
Archive through October 14, 2016Spunky25 10-14-16  4:35 am
Archive through December 06, 2016Cass_cat25 12-06-16  10:14 am
Archive through March 24, 2017Cass_cat25 03-24-17  4:05 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think this show needs to decide if it is West Wing or Scandal.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I started off liking this show for about three episodes but now I just hate-watch it after Blackish. It started off deliberate and slow-paced, but now it seems like at least one explosion per episode has been mandated and they want to move at a breakneck pace. Too bad because it could be really interesting.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Seems that way. The networks don't think their viewers have the attention span or intellect to enjoy a show that doesn't include regular explosions. Nevertheless, it's still a better show than most that the networks are offering.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Didn't know until yesterday when I saw Keifer on The Talk that he is a successful C&W singer. He has a new album out called DOWN IN THE HOLE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZiiISy3A7c

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 28, 2017 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wow!!! who knew?!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I still enjoy this

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoy it as well. For a big four network show it's about as good as it gets.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Tishala... Hate-Watch. Love it! Perfect description.

While I still enjoy this show I am getting there.

I do Hate-Watch Quantico. That show is so ridiculous... last week's episode especially so.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Cass...I've decided I enjoy and pay better attention to Quantico when I watch more than one episode at a time....so I think have 4 saved up on the DVR right now.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I've found myself caring most about the FBI investigation storyline and not so much about the rest.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific... I do the same thing... I will watch 3-4 shows at a time of both Designated Survivor and Quantico.

Regarding Quantico... now that they're past the hostage storyline from the beginning of the season I'm finding the show much easier to follow.

Regarding Designated Survivor... I'm just hoping and praying that one of the baddies doesn't turn out to be the main Secret Service guy... I think his name is Mike. He and Kal Penn's press secretary character are my 2 favorite. Oh... and I love FBI agent Hannah Wells... I find her very believable as an FBI agent. I wish the FBI agent's in Quantico were more believable.

Happymom... me too... I actually fast-forwarded through parts of last week's episode to get to the FBI investigation storyline.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Cass I'm with you on the main secret service guy... I like him. Hannah Wells, as well.

Ok so the previews for last week's episode said the mole would finally be revealed...but there are so many characters I didn't see who it was...anyone?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, May 01, 2017 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My husband and I watch (one of the few shows we like in common!) and I keep saying that about the secret service guy.
The 'other party' male leader has been on a lot of Hallmark movies (sorry. Love them! ) and usually plays the nice guy but doesn't always get the girl. So i get very angry that he is not being true to his Hallmark self LOL

Roblover

05-17-2011

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific, I did not catch who the mole was either or else I forgot. :-)

Quite a shock in tonight's portion of the FBI storyline. I like this show but it makes me nervous because not sure who will be killed or revealed to be a bad person.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Roblover me too!

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
I didn't know who the mole was when he was revealed last week, but this week I think I think they said he was the head of the National Intelligence Agency? Or NSA? something like that.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I find this a very hard to follow show. I have no idea of the meaning of the ship.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I gave up on Designated Survivor. I realized I had 4 unwatched eps on my TIVO and that I just didn't care what happens next.

The show itself and the acting was fine, but I'm kind of done when it comes to the overused "politics and terrorists TV show plot meme". (Right offhand I can think of four different series that feature politics and the Whitehouse/Oval office - Designated Survivor, Scandal, Veep, and Madame Secretary....and I probably overlooked more. Lots more feature politics and terrorism.

As far as I'm concerned, there's more than enough of that on the actual news every day.

(I do still watch Scandal and Veep because I can't take either of them seriously at all...to me, they both seem like parodies.)

Starr

07-09-2005

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I assumed the ship meant Hannah was being sent far far away - it was definitely reminiscent to me, tho, of one of 24's season finales where Jack Bauer woke up on a ship to Singapore... I can't remember if they were selling him into slavery or what!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, March 07, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
HOLY COW! I missed the last 3 episodes prior to the winter break. My DVR is set to record them. Anywho... I caught the "Previously On" at the beginning of last week's episode and I can't believe what has been happening... shook my head in freakin' disbelief and promptly deleted them from my DVR list... IF I ever want to watch them I know I can get them on Hulu...

This show jumped the shark this season.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, March 11, 2018 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
It was interesting to see how a possible hack to prevent water supply from reaching the astronauts could make us think and wonder if this could really happen, I thought they have a system in place at the space station where they can produce water, so it was a new scary thought that the last episode gave me, is it really possible, but for once Russia was seen as the ally to ask for help, another surprise there..

However, the show is deviating a lot from the original plot story.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 03, 2018 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching and not especially enjoying it. I want to like it. Isn't the national security advisor (Aaron?) a bad guy? Am I remembering incorrectly from the beginning of season 1? It seemed he was up to some shady stuff and nothing has been shown about that in a very long time.

Akwarlord47

06-26-2007

Thursday, April 05, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Akwarlord47 a private message Print Post    
I enjoy this show. I worked in and around the WH as a low level staffer for a short time in the 2008-2010 and I like the reminder of the hustle and bustle... LOL

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, May 18, 2018 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Poop! Real bummer that the final show was a setup for next season which now won’t happen.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: