TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 23, 2016 users admin

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Well, we all know that it's only acting and they are all alive and were at comic con and Jeffery Dean Morgan is having a good time being a bad guy.

And remember when we saw Morgan building that cell for Negan..... Well that gives us all hope, that one day his reign will end......So, with that in mind, put your hands over your eyes and watch thru your fingers and keep all this in mind when we watch this show. 😬😳😝

Btw, that trough scene was so intense and scary to watch,

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I will trust you all to let me know when it's safe to get back "in the water." :-)

fWIW, I haven't watched the show without reading here first for the last 2 seasons. So, it's not really new for me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I find separating the actors from the characters takes away from the show in series like this. Doesn't matter for shows like Friends (although I was always a little bit in love with Chandler Bing!) but for shows where they want you to get invested in the characters I really get invested in the characters and find it difficult to turn off my feelings when bad things happen to them. And if I do turn off my feelings then the show becomes less enjoyable, as I'm not as invested. Maybe it's just me though!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Nope, I completely understand Kitt. When I came out of the movie Mr. Holmes, I started talking about the character as if he were real and a friend had to wave a hand in front of me to remind me he was a fictional character, LOL.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I totally agree, Kitt! It's so cruel and manipulative for them to make us care about these characters, only to brutally kill them off one by one. I will NEVER forgive them if they kill either Rick (not gonna happen) or Daryl.

I'm still traumatized about Mark Greene's death on ER. Every time I hear that version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (by the Hawaiian guy), it makes me so sad (also because the singer has passed away). We never get over losing our favorite characters.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kitt, ty so much for the timelines!!! I enjoy them more than words can say!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, OMG! Mark Greene! that WAS traumatizing! and the other one that stuck with me was Lucy and how she died laying on the ground and Noah Wylie's character staring at her and watching her die. I can still see her eyes!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Oh God I dont even know if I can watch tonite

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A friend of mine's wife is really into it, and I can see her posts on facebook where she's chatting happily with her friends about basically having a girls' night to watch it. That is NOT the kind of girls' night I'd like! I told her hubby to make sure she was mentally prepared!

I'm going to see how it goes but might not finish out the episode. Or perhaps I will leave for certain ~bits~ and get hubby to call me back in when it's (relatively) safe.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I cannot bear to see who that psychopath Negan beats to death with his bat! When you think of all the evil people they have encountered and survived--except this one--its so sad!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No one posting? Is everyone okay? I didn't watch. Just listened.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Wow...I'm 39 min in and it's brutal!! It took the first 30 minutes to find out who got slaughtered!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Hey wasn't Glenn's gf pregnant? What happened to the baby?

I omg I can't believe what Negan wants Rick to do!!,

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I have to just listen as I can't watch, it's that intense.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Maggie is still pregnant.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Negan is a piece of work!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Maggie, thank you forgot her name. She didn't look pregnant.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I have only seen a few episodes of The Walking Dead my hubby watches so am watching with him. What a horrific episode. I was really surprised by Glen being killed and imagine that people are pretty pissed. I suppose Negan will eventually get his comeuppance and meet his demise at the hands of Rick. This episode was really gorey.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
At the end and my stomach is in knots. I hope the whole season isn't like this.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Me too. Rick and the group have been beaten down and broken. They are expected to toil for Negan, be his dogs now. Can't see them doing much to fight back for a long time!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant breathe from crying. I didnt watch the kills, covered my eyes and at first peaked thru and then couldnt even take that. When Glenn said to Maggie 'I will find you" I lost it...wailing hysterical crying. I was just now able to pull myself together to come here

I wish I would have known about the big thing TD at the cemetary!!! how cool would tht have been!!??

just couple days ago it was 100 degrees (when I went to Universal and did the Walking Dead attraction, which is very cool!!)

Now today is the most rain thunder and lightning I can ever remember. So thats adding to my saddness, gloomy scary weather. For you non Californians, yes, rain thunder and lightning if scary for us, we rarely see it

Hope everyone is ok, hugs to you all. We will all get thru this season together xoxoxoxo to all of you

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I had read the spoilers, but still found the show very intense while watching and it made me gasp several times.
After watching Talking Dead I feel better about all that happened and think the season will lead us to a better place.
I also don't think we've seen the last of Glenn in the show. The character will probably appear in dreams/visions to Maggie going forward.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm about to watch Talking Dead, I hope it makes me feel better as right now I feel like I was tortured for an hour. I mean I have a hard time even watching the Zombies at best, fast forward or look the other way, so tonight really traumatized me. I hope I don't have nightmares, especially about Glenn. <shudder>

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
While reading Twitter I gasped when I saw a screen shot of Glenn. Thankfully the next tweet was the makeup spfx pics Greg Nicotero posted of Glenn for tonite's ep. Since I used to do that type of makeup seeing it on Glenn in a makeup trailer really helped me get thru tonite and now I think I can go back and watch that scene. Greg and his makeup team are beyond amazing!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, October 23, 2016 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It wasn't as bad as what I had created in my head, but I don't think I could have watched without reading the spoiler. Even the bit at the end with Carl would have been too much not knowing whether it would happen or not.

And Talking Dead was a help, to see them be alive afterwards.

I just hope that we don't see more of it this season, in particular I don't want a tortured Daryl, and I'm a bit worried about him because he already carries the weight of Beth, and now he will think for sure Glenn's death and Maggie's child never knowing its father is because of his stupidity.

One character thing - although Negan eenie meenie minie moed, he actually chose the victim to be Abraham, and that almost seemed like a kind move to the group. Abraham was clearly the soldier of the group, the one who would sacrifice himself without question for any of the others, so it was like he was the "right" person to choose. Interesting (to me) but not much of a consolation.