TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 12, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through November 12, 2016 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thought we had a Grace and Frankie thread. Guess not. Don't need to start one for this.

Sheen and Waterston have acted together before -- movie Eagle's Wing from 1979. Can you recognize them? Wonder if they reminisce.

Pike

White Bull

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, September 23, 2016 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Longmire, season 5 released today on Netflix!!!

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Wallander is a series finale so there will not be anymore new episodes for this show after these.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 10, 2016 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody catches the new show that premiered last night on HULU called "Freakish", let me know if it's any good. It's a high school horror show about zombies.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, October 22, 2016 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm about 4 episodes into "Glitch" and it's good if you're looking for a bit of supernatural/sci-fi type show. Reminded me of another show I watched but American, this one is Australian.

Anyone else check out Glitch?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I binge watched it last night and this morning Miz and really LOVED it. Heard it was the top rated show in Australia last year so hoping for several more seasons.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Rissa that is good to know about how it is popular overseas and yes maybe more than one season. I am about to start watching Glitch and am always wondering is there more.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, October 24, 2016 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I wish there was more than 6 episodes of Glitch. Lol. Now I started "Black Mirror". I accidentally watched season 3 episode 1. Netflix doesn't have season 1. I'm halfway through season 2 episode 1. So far I'm really enjoying it. It's sci-fi sort of reminds me of twilight zone, outer limits with a futuristic flare.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Miz, regarding "Black Mirror" on Netflix, last night I watched episode one of Season 1 (the kidnapping of the British princess). All three seasons were listed on my menu page - maybe you can check again? If it's still missing, you should contact Netflix to let them know you can't access season one.

The first episode of season three ("Nosedive" with Bryce Dallas Howard) is absolutely sensational -- I could not believe how good it was!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Uncle Ricky you in Canada?

Ya, Nosedive Elham was so good!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Oh, that's probably why, Miz! I didn't think of the geographic restrictions that Neflix places on certains shows - sorry about that. The U.S. currently gets all three seasons. It makes no sense why Canada can't get season one - boo!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, October 26, 2016 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Just watched the first episode of season one of Black Mirror and yikes that was disturbing. It's a great commentary on social media but way too close to reality to be comfortable to watch, at least for me.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, October 30, 2016 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Has anyone noticed that Netflix's "Stranger Things" has been mentioned in recent primetime TV shows?

On the most recent Blacklist, Aram said his girlfriend would definitely have her computer with her because "they were binge watching Stranger Things".

On the most recent Blindspot, the bad guy, obnoxious super-hacker (forgot his name) gave the FBI a deadline to complete a task "before I finish binge watching Stranger Things".

Looks like NBC is really promoting that Netflix series. It's amusing...for product placement "ads".

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
SFJF...I did notice that, too, yesterday when I was watching my shows.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 31, 2016 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I watched the 1st episode of Haters Back Off last night and actually laughed out loud a few times. I wanted to binge the whole thing as I am a night owl and not working right now but I think my hubby might get a kick out of it as well so will impatiently wait for him.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sugar....after reading your post I decided to try Haters Back Off. The first episode I didn't know what to make of what was going on but into the second episode I started to laugh. Now I'm into the 3rd episode, I like watching while at the gym.

Oh, and today I while watching I was thinking, it is people like the main character and her uncle who would vote Trump; all about themselves/selfish and delusional. LOL (Moderator if I"m not allowed to say that feel free to edit.)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
"The Crown" premiers today on Netflix. Yay! I've been waiting for this one. About the early days of Queen Elizabeth's reign. Cast looks great.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, November 04, 2016 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Here's an article from E! Online about "The Crown." Just to clarify, it's about QE2 (the current Queen of England).

http://www.eonline.com/news/807098/the-crown-spoilers-are-real-history-but-the-stars-aren-t-worried-because-it-s-the-classiest-soap-opera-ever-made

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
"The Crown " is excellent.
I am learning a lot about the relationships between QE2 and the Duke of Windsor as well as Prime Minister Churchill.I always assumed that QE2 was glad to be come the Queen due to the abdication but that was not the case.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
The plan is for The Crown to be 6 seasons of 10 episodes each, going right up to the current date. So hopefully the show is popular enough to see that through.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first two episodes of The Crown, and I'm loving it! I knew that Elizabeth and her family grew up in relative obscurity, since her father was the "younger brother" of Edward VIII. Her father never thought he would be king. He was the "spare" (like Harry) and thought he could live a normal life. Her father Albert (King George) was actually mistreated by his nanny when he was a child (according to "The King's Speech") and developed a severe stutter. He hated public speaking and much preferred private life with his family.

They seemed to be a very close family, but I thought it was very telling when Elizabeth told Phillip that going on a 6 month world tour without their children (Charles and Anne) would be fine, as the children were so small they wouldn't even miss them. Can you even imagine leaving your child(ren) for that long? My parents left me with relatives for 2 or 3 weeks when I was 3 (family emergency out of state). I've never forgotten it.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, November 07, 2016 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think it was still a time when the "privileged" class spent very little time with their children who were raised by nannies. A holdover from Victorian and Edwardian times.
I believe she was also raised to serve, noblesse oblige, crown first... despite not really expecting to be queen when she was young.

I haven't watched The Crown yet but am looking forward to the series.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, November 11, 2016 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching The Crown. I hope there are many more seasons to come. This one only went to 1955 and Her Majesty is still on the throne. It was interesting to see they dynamic between her and Prince Phillip. Looks as if they had permission to shoot exteriors at the real palaces and stately homes and 10 Downing Street. The interiors were beautiful. Wonder if they were faithful reproductions of the "real thing"?

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I also just finished watching all 10 episodes/Season 1 of The Crown and look forward to watching more seasons. Season 2 is planned to air in Fall 2017. Seems like a long wait but surely worth it!!

I googled The Crown and learned that Netflix plans on 6 seasons with each Season covering a decade of the monarchy.

Here's a link with some interesting information about Season 2 and future seasons of The Crown.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/other/the-crown-season-2-everything-we-know-so-far/

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm about halfway through The Crown and really enjoying it. I never heard of the Great London Fog. What a horrible thing that was! It's kind of astonishing to see everyone smoking like a chimney, but that's the way it was back then. Both King George and Princess Margaret died of cancer. No wonder Elizabeth is so anti-smoking!