TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Good Girls Revolt (on Amazon)

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Good Girls Revolt (on Amazon) users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I just finished watching this one. Excellent show! It's based on a true story of the women of Newsweek magazine (the name of the magazine has been fictionalized in the show) filing an EEOC suit in 1970. The women in the newsroom were only allowed to be "researchers," not writers. They were paired with male writers who got all the credit, even though they worked on stories as a team. The women were only paid about a third of what the guys were making (that part hasn't changed much). The acting is great, the costumes and the music are fabulous. Totally enjoyed this one. I read an article that called it "the sequel to Mad Men you never knew you needed." And EVERYBODY is smoking everywhere! Loved every minute of it and can't wait for a second season. Five stars!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have been meaning to watch this. A good friend is on the crew.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Funny this thread appeared as I was just came here to post in the Cancellations thread that this show has been cancelled! There will be no season 2. What a shame if it's a good show, I guess it didn't get much exposure, I didn't even know it existed.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Seriously?! The only way we knew about it was that we saw Joy Bryant (who plays the ACLU attorney) on some talk show promoting it. It looked good, so we checked it out and were hooked. So sad if this was canceled, cause it had really good reviews.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Apparently the company who produces this show is going to shop it around. Hopefully someone else will pick it up, cause it really was a great show. So disappointed in Amazon!

http://deadline.com/2016/12/good-girls-revolt-canceled-no-season-2-amazon-shopped-1201863312/

Mzzlissa

03-08-2004

Friday, December 02, 2016 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mzzlissa a private message Print Post    
I'm so sad about this! DH and I finished watching Good Girls Revolt over Thanksgiving weekend and both loved it. I even sang it's praises at work and told everyone who loved Mad Men that they would love this too.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, December 10, 2016 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Just finished episode 6. Three more. That's all??? Nooooo. It's a GOOD series.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hopefully someone else will pick it up. The cast and the writing were stellar.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Roy Price

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: