TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 29, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through November 29, 2016 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that link, Egbok! That was a fun read. I, too, find myself stopping and Wiki-ing characters or events. I am learning a lot I didn't know about British history. One of the comments on that page said, "This show has filled the Downton Abbey sized hole in my heart." Exactly.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
You're welcome Babyjaxmom!

I was surprised to learn that the crown weighed 5 pounds and since I usually buy my potatoes in 5 pound bags, I went into the kitchen and lifted it and thought, there's no way I could carry a 5 pound bag potatoes on top of my head. But if it was a Crown filled with all those beautiful jewels, then I would be able to carry it on top of my head, LOL.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Sign me up for a heavy jeweled crown as well please.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, November 12, 2016 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar!!

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watching the new Gilmore Girls movies?
Started binge-watching them last night and can't stop. They are soooo good. It feels like visiting with old friends to see the town of Stars Hollow and the old characters again.
I was afraid it would feel so different after so much time has passed but it's exactly the same.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's great to hear. Believe it or not, I've watched the entire original series. My DD loves the show as well.

We haven't seen the new ones yet so we're trying not to get spoiled but I expect that's going to be very hard to avoid.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have a friend who was very much into GG. She's not answering the phone??? Wonder if she has started watching or may have completed?

When it aired originally, I was not into it that much. Think I watched more of the later seasons. Thought I'd try from the beginning. I'm on episode 2 or 3 of season 1.

Lauren Graham was on Ellen recently. She has written a book -- memoir. Also about filming the series and getting together with everyone to film these new episodes.

Jimmer, your daughter may be interested in that?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching Luke Cage and found it fascinating. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage_(TV_series)
I loved the villains, the good guys and of course Luke who is perfect at being humble, wanting to help those being pushed around, and easy on the eyes.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I'll let my DD know about the book. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 25, 2016 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished the first new Gilmore Girls episode and and it was super! It really is amazing how everyone seems the same.

I think I will binge the rest tomorrow night.

Lobster

04-13-2001

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lobster a private message Print Post    
Naja, I sat down to watch ONE episode, and just couldn't stop. It was awesome. I want more!! I want more!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I too sat down for one or two episodes and that was all she wrote! Loved it. I laughed and I cried. I actually even clapped at one scene, I was so happy. I don't know if there should be more. I am torn. My daughter and I were talking about that this morning.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess I need to check out the original. So many of my friends loved the show. I'm not a big fan of Lauren Grahm and I guess that's been my hesitation.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Like Lakecat, I'll be checking out the original too as I never watched it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Omg, I watched EVERY SINGLE episode (all except one--VCR mishap) of the Gilmore Girls! I loved that show so much!!! So sweet and quirky. I'm watching the first Netflix episode now, but I'm already sad that there are only four episodes and it will be over again soon.

Two of my all-time favorite shows were GG and Parenthood. Love Lauren Graham!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming the original GG is on Netflix?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's on netflix, and if you have UP channel, season 1 begins again on this coming Monday afternoon. They play 4 eps in a row every weekday.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Lots and lots of clever dialogue. Apparently the scripts for each episode were always twice the length of most shows because there is so much dialogue.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished all the new GG eps. I wanted to throw something at the tv for how it ended! GRRRRR!

Not because it was bad, but because I wanted to see more of the story it ended on!

They better do another year.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Saturday, November 26, 2016 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Just finished GG! Savored it all. But the ending! How could it end like that? Give us more!

Gypsy as the maid was a riot!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 27, 2016 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It came full circle. I love the characters but I don't know if it should go on.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Monday, November 28, 2016 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
And we finally saw Mr. Kim!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 1:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just rewatched the GG series premiere from 16 years ago, and oh the memories! Rory and Dean look like babies!

I'm thinking I am about to rewatch the whole series :-)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Spending some time out west and still getting used to time change. Lol So getting up early and been binge watching a Netflix original called 3%. Really enjoyed and highly recommend it. For some reason, it's subtitled when watched on a smart tv (was filmed in Portuguese/Brazil) and dubbed English through an apple box.

It's set in a future that sees the world devastated. People living in desperate squalor. When you turn 20 yrs old you have the option of going through a testing process to see if you are worthy of becoming one of the 3% who are allowed to live in ease on the 'offshore'. The show is 8 episodes, following a group of 20 yr olds going through this process. It's classified as a thriller but I found it an intense drama.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds interesting Rissa.

Naja, We watch it once a week and we are half way through the last season. My oldest DD and I have already seen all of them (long ago) so we've been rewatching them with my wife and my other DD.

It's fun to see how they changed over the years.