TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 12, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 12, 2016 users admin

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, December 05, 2016 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Pamy Spencer heard the Zombie and was checking out what was going on with the racket it was making. He couldn't find it till it made it's noise again then he saw it up in the tree. What a find (tax payment lol).

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Morgan was on the first year when Ricky woke up."

Yes, but he was never part of "the group", and after ep 1 he was gone until season 4, I think. I don't think he ever even met anyone in the group except Rick until Rick and Michonne showed up in the episode when he was crazy. Then he was gone from the show again until he made an appearance in Alexandria just as Rick was executing "Porch Dick". (lol that still cracks me up!) He did lurk about about at the end of a couple of episodes, but still - not part of the group. Even now, Morgan is just a guy that met Rick one day, 7 seasons ago....and neither of them are the same men that they were 7 years ago. Gabriel has been in more episodes than Morgan but I view them both as outsiders that have never truly been part of "the group"

But I will give him a thumbs up for saving Carol!:-)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Now Spencer has a crossbow but if it's in the car he was driving and they look inside, it will belong Negan. AArgh!

Btw, I just learned today that Jeffery Dean Morgan lives in Rhinebeck NY and owns a coffee/chocolate shop that once belonged to a friend of my sister and nephew (who worked there). That owner died and JDM and his wife (who were friends of the owner) bought the shop and even created a little memorial garden next it to honor him.

She said he stops in once in awhile but she's never been there when he was. I told her if she ever runs into him to get an autograph...and she said "but, but, but, I want..." and I cut her off and told her "Okay, you can jump his bones first, then get the autograph". LOL (She has a huge crush on him!)

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
In an interview with JDM behind the scenes on the talk I dead regarding him and Carl's relationship, sounds like his character is near for a very long run...... I guess Morgan's jail at Alexandria will be waiting for awhile.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
SFJ, Were you listening to Howard Stern? My ex husband told me he had a great interview with him and he is really a good guy.

I'm really liking the season so far with all the other stories and in depth looks at some characters and how they tick. I'm torn as to who gave him the key, but Darryl does now Jesus is there. He saw him so hopefully they hook up somehow. I was waiting for Negan to take some sort of action against Carl the whole ep but I think he's just having a good time toying with him. I'm hoping Negan leaves Judith out of this but the look on Rick's face in a preview has me wondering if he takes her. Loved Olivia cracking Negan one, and yes his line after made me laugh.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"SFJ, Were you listening to Howard Stern?"

Nope...I can't stand Stern..he just rubs me the wrong way.

I figured JDM was a nice guy from other talk show appearances I've seen. I've always liked him on the shows I've watched with him in it. Two that always come to mind for some reason (he wasn't on them for long) were his roles as Judah, Nancy Botwin's dead husband on "Weeds" and John, the Winchester brothers' dead father on "Supernatural". I guess I could throw in Denny, Izzy's dead boyfriend on Grey's Anatomy. I think his personality is big enough that even after they kill him off in a series, he's always kind of still there, affecting the feelings of the characters he left behind even years later..

His reputation of being an easy going, fun guy is true according to my sister, too...but on TWD when I see him with his typical big smile, it's absolutely creepy. I hate his character but I wouldn't mind if they did a back story on him to show us what made him this way....he could've once been a loving father or a cold blooded serial killer....or both! I've even wondered if he might've once been a cop...for no reason other than it would make for an interesting dynamic if Rick knew.

I love this show...the characters are all so layered and interesting....even the ones I can't stand.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've never heard Stern's radio show either Although I did like him on AGT.

JDM gave me the swoons on the Good Wife but I hear you on TWD, he smiles and I'm waiting for the guillotine to drop. Terrible character but still sex on legs. A terrible juxtaposition.

It would be interesting, I say when, they do his backstory. Remember the mild Governor going to his 9-5 pushing paper.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I have trouble telling JDM and Gerard Butler apart, and I cannot stand Gerard Butler because he is always cast as the romantic hero when his character is a misogynistic jackass, so some of those feelings creep over to JDM and I've never liked him.

But he plays Negan perfectly, you can just tell he has no morals, no soul, it's all some game to him for his own amusement. He's like the good looking guy who you know is a complete and utter bast_rd who you wouldn't touch with a barge pole but somehow he gets the adrenalin going, and you hate yourself for it.

If Jesus was a ninja assassin and not just a ninja, that would be the way to take Negan out. Not Carl, who could maybe kill Negan with a lucky shot, get killed himself and then have the rest of his people killed when the avenging Saviours storm their camp. But someone who could creep in, take the shot/put in the poison/cut his throat when he was alone, so that when he was found the Saviours wouldn't know who to blame, and would find out while not hyped up and in attack mode. There doesn't seem like another psycho is there waiting to take over, just a well trained band of thugs who might be stoppable.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
TY Vickie!
Sanfran, what a cool story!!! and yes, I agree, let her get laid before making him sign his picture!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, December 11, 2016 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Don't read if you haven't watched, but he deserved it and she so didn't!

Who do people think the guy with the boots was? I thought it might be the Kingdom guy who wanted Carol and Morgan to fight, and that's what got them involved with The Kingdom, but as at the end Jesus said he'd make the intro that doesn't work. I just hope it's a friendly.

I love that they're all back together!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Who do people think the guy with the boots was?"

Was that an unintentional sexist question? :-)

I was thinking it was one of the women from the Amazon Camp near the beach! That's the only colony remaining (that we know of) that has a score to settle with the evil Saviors. The other three colonies are well on their way to forming a formidable army to fight Negan and his minions.

And FINALLY....a mid-season finale that didn't end with the possibility of imminent death for a beloved character and a cliff-hanging interruption of the momentum of the previous 7 episodes!

Woohoo! Happy ending!

EXCELLENT season finale.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
I think a good finale should have a suspenseful cliffhanger. And death comes with watching TWD. that is a given.

It's not supposed to be a feel good type of show. That's why I like this show. Keeps me on the edge of my seat.

I thought the finale was just "so so" Not much action or suspense. (That's just me tho)

The only part i found to be suspenseful was when Daryl was escaping. Was very afraid for him. 😬.

But now that Negan is taking Eugene back with him, he will be even more upset that Daryl escaped and will take it out on him. Or he may come back for Carl

I think the person in the boots is the girl who helped Tara. She seemed to want out also. You can even tell those feet are of a female.imo

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure whose boots those were but that sounds plausible Lost/SFJ. I never even though about her. I though it was perhaps someone new.

I loved the ending of this episode and that scene with Rick and Darryl was so poignant and moving. I thought it was a beautiful moment.

I thought it was great that it ended at such a hopeful moment with them all together with a purpose. Now we just need to sort Carol out. (as you can see I had lots of thoughts!)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"Was that an unintentional sexist question?"

Only if you only use "guy" for males ;) ;) ;)

But truthfully I did think they were big old man feet. One of the Oceanside women makes sense though, because a bad guy would just be a weak distraction from the huge enemy that is the Saviors.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Spacing in case some haven't seen the show yet.

My first thought to the boots was the females from the river area. Then when they had shown the guy from the kingdom at the camper I thought oh it is just him. I bet that scene was a misdirection and it was the girl.

I am glad Spencer got what he deserved. That woman had two very troubled sons.

Father Gabriel is still surprising me.

Loved that Darryl made it out of there! It cracked me up how Darryl gave Rick the gun like some big Bromance.

Very sad for Olivia 😪

Not sure how I like the new Maggie. She is not my fav person in the show.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it was the best episode of a season I've found disappointing.
On Talking Dead they said the boots had been seen before in a water or boat scene. I meant to come here to post earlier this morning when I watched TD, but got busy. Of course I deleted it from the DVR so can't go back and get the exact words. If anyone has it on DVR it was within the last few minutes of the show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Snoops. as Rick and Aaron were loading up the truck with the stuff they retrieved from the houseboat, there was a shot from across the bank across the water showing the distinctive looking boots of someone standing there. Oh yeah, there was a bunch of insulated electrical wire wrapped around the top of one of the right boot. The toes of the boot has some kind of geometric pattern on it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think my TIVO chopped off the final minute of the show.

After the credits rolled (during which, there was a preview of season 7, part 2) there was a final short scene involving the boot person!

Here's an article about it:

[spoilers]

The Walking Dead midseason finale post-credits scene explained

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/the-walking-dead-season-7-episode-8-midseason-finale-post-credits-scene-explained-a7469161.html

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Freeze framing on the boots, I'm back to thinking they're creepy woods guy and not Oceanside people now. They look too much like they've been worn for decades, rather than just since the zombie apocalypse!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
What I don't get is wth did Arron bring that note with the other stuff? Seriously?

And Carols attitude makes me wish she would have the experience of a personal Negan visit.

my wish is that she takes off on her own and gets caught by Negan, locked in the dungeon and experience what Daryl did, also for her to witness Luciell in action.

Also one could go back and look,at the photos of the girl who pulled Tara out of the ocean, and check out her boots.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooo good idea, I will watch some of it and check boots!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not Cindie (the young one who helped).
Neither of the two women who were meant to kill her.
Not Natanya.
Also not Heath (just in case).

If anyone clicked on Sanfran's link up there, they suggested someone from a new group. I was thinking more a crazy man in the woods.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Robert Kirkman said last night on Talking Dead that we've seen these boots before in a previous season.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought he said the boots from the end scene were the boots seen on the guy in the woods when Rick and Aaron were leaving the walker lake. Not from a different episode, just from earlier that episode. I've deleted my TTD so I can't check that.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, December 12, 2016 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
what if those boots were on someone that was killed in prior season and someone else is wearing them now. The top of the forehead that we saw looked to smooth to be Dwight. I'm leaning towards Oceanside girl.

who gave Darryl the key? Dwight or Jesus?

I hate what they have done to Carol. I also wish she would just go away! and she used to be a fav. So pissed at the writers