TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 07, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Feud: Bette Davis and Joan Crawford: Archive through March 07, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was just coming here to make a thread and see that Abby posted about it in Radom Discussions, so here is her text and a thread. I can't wait, I think it will be fabuous.

Abby7 Member
FX channel, "Feud: Bette Davis and Joan Crawford" Susan Sarandon & Jessica Lang starts Sunday. Hoping it will be good.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/03/03/why-susan-sarandon-signed-on-to-play-bette-davis-in-feud.html

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I feel like I could suspend reality enough to see Susan as Bette, but when I watch the previews, I am just not seeing Jessica as Joan.

It will be good anyway, I am sure of that.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to this...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Not a big Susan Saradon fan, however, I do plan to watch the show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Can't wait!
I read next seasons fued will be Princess Diana and Prince Charles.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 03, 2017 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ooohhhh that will be fun too!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to seeing what both ladies bring to the show.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to this show. I think it will be a lot of fun to watch.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ALERT: Will run 10 minutes over the hour, that's what my TV guide shows.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
My Comcast guide shows it runs for 78 minutes - 18 minutes over the hour. I'll be DVR'ing and watching later in the week. Can't stay up that late on a work night.
Lots of recording will be going on tonight, Talking Dead, season 2 premier of Shades of Blue and this show.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
shades of blue, tonight??!! wow sundays are really full again!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Love these graphics at the beginning....can't think what they remind me of, someone here probably knows.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
She was the brand ambassador for Pepsi Cola, LOL?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
"It was an honor to trim Joan's bush, and to shut up". OMG, that one was funny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I didn't get a good look, were those Lucky Strikes?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So far I am loving this! Makes me wonder how much is true.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Fish Jello.....hahahahahaha

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought it was fabulous, can't wait for the next episode. It is deliciously devilish, hahahaha.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, About Pepsi...

Joan was married to the CEO of PepsiCo, Alfred Steele. He put her on the board of directors for the company and she stayed on the board after his death all the way into the 1970s. At the time of shooting Baby Jane, it was just a couple years after his death.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw that later in the show, Naja, didn't realize that before they showed it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
LOVE this show! It is simply hysterical. The sets and costumes are perfect and the dialogue is filled with deliciously nasty backhanded compliments. These women are experts at throwing shade! LOL

I was sure that these two great actresses were up to the task of these roles, but I wasn't quite sure they could physically pull off looking like Bette and Joan. I gotta say Sarandon seen in profile looks so much like Bette it's spooky. Her entrance to the set as "Baby Jane" could not have been more perfect. Lange doesn't physically resemble Joan quite as much as Sarandon resembles Bette, but it doesn't matter at all....her acting totally makes up for it. She makes me believe she's actually channeling Ms Crawford. Kudos to them both.

"Feud" reminds me of "Mommie Dearest" it makes me want to watch it again! :-)

Oh yeah, this show totally makes up for Jessica Lange dropping out of American Horror Show. She seems to be Ryan Murphy's muse and I think he inspires her. It's good to know they're still working together. They make excellent jaw dropping TV, no matter what the genre is.

I just wish I binge the whole season right now.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I have such conflicting feelings about this show. Being a young child when the 'Baby Jane' movie came out, I was always a little horrified when I saw these two actresses. Then when the book Mommie Dearest came out, it pretty much solidified how I felt about them or at least Crawford.

The two main actresses are doing a phenomenal job but I realized about 30 minutes in that I just don't care what happened with the two characters in real life. I'll probably just check in here to see how the story goes.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
What Sanfranjosh fan said!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was amazed at the makeup job on both Sarandon and Lange. Awesome!

I think the biggest point of this film was the way women were treated in the film industry. It's marginally better these days, but in the 60s, women over 40 were expendable. Even the soundtrack underscores that issue. The song "Hey, little girl, do your hair and your makeup . . . Just cause you have a ring on your finger doesn't mean you don't have to try anymore." Sorry if I got the lyrics wrong, but the song is just shocking by today's standards. The message is "look pretty for your man when he comes home, cause you've been eating bon bons and reading magazines all day, while he's been out paying the bills." Wow. Just wow.

I'm predicting Emmy nominations for this one.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2017 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Excellent portrayal of "the feud". Love the clothes, cringe at the smoking, surprised how much liquor is consumed. The mannerisms of both actresses are so easily portrayed. Can't wait for next week !