TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through February 17, 2017 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Binge watched OA over the icy weekend. I rather liked it despite a few plot holes.

Since the entire season has already been available for broadcast, are spoiler boxes necessary? I thought the rule was once an episode aired it could be discussed and it was up to each person if they wished to read or participate in any discussion. Do we need threads for these Netflix shows? I would like to discuss OA.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think a spoiler box is not required, however I like to put a generic type comment first so that people know you're about to talk about OA and they can skip the meat of your comment if they haven't watched yet and plan to.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a nice way to do it, Brenda.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hate to be spoiled. :-) So when someone starts out with "oh my, I can't believe they killed XXX on YYY?" Then there's no way to avoid being spoiled. But if they say "Oh my! I can't believe what happened on YYY last night!!!" Then I know to stop reading.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 20, 2017 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if anybody else was inspired to go back and watch Gilmore Girls from the beginning after the new stuff came out, but I just had to let out some frustration.

I had totally forgotten what an ass poor Lane was with from the band. Such a smart girl with a lazy douche.

And oh how I hate Rory being with Logan. He totally threw her life off the perfect track. I still have a season and a half left and I forget what happens with Rory and Logan, but I hope he falls off a bridge.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 21, 2017 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL! First of all, to be clear, this is one of my favorite shows.

Now the criticism (your fault for getting me started, Naja).

Lorelai could be so annoying. The way she acted with both Luke and Christopher was so frustrating. Well really the way she acted with everyone.

I kind of liked Logan, though I can see why people didn't.

I still haven't watched the new shows yet. My DD and I have been watching the series with my wife and other DD (who haven't seen it yet) and we're still on the final season. :-)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone looking for a good comedy drama I highly recommend "Offspring" . I'm already on Season 3, such good writing and character building.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I'm toward the end of season 6 and it's funny the little things you notice. Like a couple eps ago Lorelei brought up the horror movie "Saw", and then the guy who plays Luke actually went on to star in Saw 4 and 5 (with appearances in flashback form in Saw 6).

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, January 29, 2017 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Offspring gets more and more hilarious.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Right Strategist?! I'm on season 4 now! Just love it!,

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I'm so far behind you, Mizinvanccouver, but I'm catching up fast.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Hubby keeps popping by the family room as I am watching Offspring, having a little laugh and moving on, (I am in mid season 4). He asks what's happening and I have to explain another new couple, another baby, etc. I keep waiting for him to roll his eyes and mutter about my girlie shows, but last night I caught him watching it in his office, he went back and started from season 1, episode 1 and plans to binge watch to catch up to me. LOL

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I love to watch Offspring together. It's nice to share a chuckle after a long day's work.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It sounds like I need to check this Offspring out.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Scooterrific, we keep closed captioning on so that we get all the nuances.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Sorry, we keep subtitles on in Netflix.

Jojojobean

05-10-2011

Wednesday, February 01, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jojojobean a private message Print Post    
I'm almost done with season 5 of Offspring on Netflix. love it!! I don't see season 6. Is it available anywhere else or when will Netflix get it?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, February 02, 2017 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We really enjoyed Lemony Snickets A Series Of Unfortunate Events on Netflix and look forward to the next season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 04, 2017 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We are binging "San Clarita Diet" tonight. It's so funny! I have 2 eps left.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Jojo, there is a season 6 but it was filmed two years after season 5 so not sure what that will mean for when Netflix aquires it. There is also a season 7 so at least a couple more to look forward to!!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I'm in Season 5 of Offspring now. Sometimes I laugh sometimes I cry. Such a great show. Can't wait for Netflix to get the rest of the seasons. Maybe if they see how popular it is they will get them sooner.

My daughter and I watched Lemony Snickets a Series of Unfortunate Events and enjoyed it very much.

I have "San Clarita Diet" on my list to watch; sounds reminiscent of izombie tv show which I enjoyed.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2017 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ooops, I meant "Santa Clarita Diet". We really enjoyed it but I felt like it ended in the middle of a season. I wonder how long until the next set of episodes? I hope it's not a year.

Aka

01-02-2007

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aka a private message Print Post    
A movie that is available on Netflix
"Miss Pettigrew lives for a day"
I found it to be a relaxing feel-good comedy. :-)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching "The Principal". It's an Australian 4-part miniseries about a guy trying to turn around a troubled boys school. His first week in, a student is murdered. It's a great story, wonderful acting.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 17, 2017 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I loved Miss Pettigrew. It shows Amy Adams' acting chops. I decided she was about my favorite actress after seeing it.