TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Feud: Bette Davis and Joan Crawford: Archive through March 21, 2017 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
At least in last night's episode, they finally gave Jessica Lange thick eyebrows like Joan Crawford actually had! That helped.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here's some more about Bette's daughter, Barbara.

She did the same thing Cristina Crawford did, just a short time after. She wrote a hurtful "tell all" about her mother, except Bette was still alive and was able to respond to it. It was called "My Mother's Keeper".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Mother%27s_Keeper

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 13, 2017 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ooops, I forgot to include Bette's quote to her daughter Barbara for writing such a scathing book about her:

"Dear Hyman, I am now utterly confused as to who you are or what your way of life is. Your book is a glaring lack of loyalty and thanks for the very privileged life I feel you have been given. If my memory serves me right, I've been your keeper all these many years. I am continuing to do so, as my name has made your book about me a success."

That's from the wiki link above.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
B.D. met Jeremy Hyman, the British nephew of Seven Arts owner Elliott Hyman on a blind date for the film's showing at the Cannes Film Festival in 1963, and the couple wed when B.D. was 16 and Jeremy was 29. Her mother Bette Davis gave her consent and publicly supported this underage marriage. The couple remain wed after 50-plus years and have two sons, Ashley and Justin.[1]

Amazing that after all those step-fathers, and marrying so young, that her marriage is lasting over 50 years.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yet she became one of those hateful evangelists. (as opposed to a loving one) One that hate so many and relish that they will suffer after they die - I do mean relish!
Hyman's answers to questions are frequently expansive and often surprising. When asked how her family came to Charlottesville after a five-year stint in the Bahamas, she says, "Virginia was the last bastion of real fox hunting left in America, and that was what God used to get us here."
She's tracking bigger prey now. Rooting out satanic infiltration of contemporary culture, B.D. Hyman warns in her 2002 book, The Rapture, The Tribulation And Beyond, that babies are sacrificed on Halloween; Harry Potter indoctrinates children into the occult; and the Antichrist is promoting his agenda of homosexuality. Aggressively.
As for the coming time of tribulation, B.D. Hyman writes: "People will pray for death but not die. There is no repentance for those who receive the mark of the beast... [just] eternal condemnation and torment in the lake of fire."

and
While cautioning her audience to stay on medications until their baffled doctors tell them they can stop, B.D. Hyman declares, "There are people who don't have heart disease, who don't have cancer, who don't have lupus. We have partners in the ministry who were in the final stage of AIDS when... we began standing with them against this thing and praying for their healing. And they listened to tapes and got themselves built up in the Word, and they no longer have AIDS. They don't even have H.I.V.! They have pure blood."
She's got Bette Davis Eyes: B.D. Hyman goes from Mommie Dearest to Jesus Dearest

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. That's some scary shit.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
FEUD: Bette and Joan@FeudFX · 2m2 minutes ago

Make way for the Queen. @SusanSarandon will be live tweeting the drama for tonight’s all new episode of #FeudFX in 15 minutes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The show sounds great based on the tweets....alice 🥀 🍾‏ @aliceemorenoo · 12m12 minutes ago

#FeudFX Bette calling Joan "Crawfish" was ICONIC

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL...Madeline Grabowski‏ @madgeykae · 9m9 minutes ago

Hedda is a level of shady I aspire to be. @FeudFX #FeudFX #FEUD

Susan Sarandon‏Verified account @SusanSarandon · 7m7 minutes ago

Might have given Hedda some info if she had given me that hat. 👒 #FeudFX

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
FEUD: Bette and Joan‏Verified account @FeudFX · 8m8 minutes ago
Going after your own daughter? Now that is cold blooded, even for you Bette. #FeudFX

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If anybody has been wanting to watch "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" again after seeing this series, TCM is running it early Wednesday afternoon. (March 22, 12:45 pm central time)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Joan was with her Daddy? For real? And seemingly proud of it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's like Mommy just gave me a new pony, hahahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahahahahaha, a weight belt.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And even a coke and pepsi war back then, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Susan Sarandon tweeted that the beach scene was completed on the same beach as the real Baby Jane movie was filmed.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm fascinated by the fact that Victor Buono was only 24 at the time the "Baby Jane" was made. The actor who is playing him (Dominic Burgess) was 34 when "Feud" was filmed last year.

Scout

01-19-2005

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Naja! I had been hoping one of the stations was going to play the movie. I haven't seen it in a long time.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I'm really enjoying this series. The acting is great, especially Jessica Lange.

I didn't perceive Joan being happy or proud about the experience with her step father. It felt like she wanted to shock BD and then make light of the experience because what can you do with something like that. It obviously had a huge affect on her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Smokey, I wasn't paying close attention and was startled by that comment so missed nuance of the scene.

It does explain a lot about Joan.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Susan Sarandon‏ @SusanSarandon · 17h17 hours ago

This was a scary scene for me cause I didn't want to hurt Jess so they had a dummy, but the dummy's head was so hard it hurt my foot #FeudFX

Smokey

07-07-2003

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, just how I perceived it. I could be way off. Sometimes I am!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, March 20, 2017 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We finally watched the 1st episode, it is wonderfully campy in a more subdued manner. It bothers me that sarandon can't manage to imitate Bette Davis' voice as it was so very distinctive. Jessica Lange isn't doing Crawford's voice justice either, but not getting Bette's voice right is a sin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After thinking on it for a few days. I think it's better that Sarandon didn't try imitating Bette's scruffy voice. Because then it would have seemed more like a caricature, than a dramatization of the real events.

eta: and you're welcome, Scout! I can't wait to see it again after knowing this behind the scenes stuff. Heck, I never even knew the neighbor girl was Bette's daughter, so that alone will add a new thing to look for in the movie :-)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up Naja. I haven't seen WHTBJ in many years. Very sad about Joan. I'm assuming that's true about her step father.