TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 10, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Fargo - FX channnel: Archive through March 10, 2017 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Holy cow... I'm reading the Vanity Fair article that was published last night. Hanzee is Tripoli from Season One??? Now I have to watch Season One again.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
Lexie, Alcatraz is on an island in the Bay and is no longer used as a prison. I moved from the Bay Area several years ago, but when I lived there it was more like an attraction/park that you could take a ferry to and walk around, picnic and explore the old prison. There is a prison that you can see when you take the Richnond-San Rafael Bridge. I think it's in Marin Co. I'll bet that's the one she was freeing to. But I could be wrong.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yes Foolscap, I know about Alcatraz - I have been there before.

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
Sorry Lexie, I didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you. I just misunderstood what you meant when you thought Peggy might be talking about a prison that was already closed in 1979. I went there a couple of times too when I lived up there and thought it was a lot of fun.

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
I thought Peggy might have meant Pelican Bay Prison?

Foolscap

09-04-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Foolscap a private message Print Post    
Jennywa, you may well be right, since she mentioned hoping to see a pelican. It was driving me nuts trying to remember what prison I always saw when crossing the Richmond/San Rafael Bridge. I finally realized the one I was thinking of is San Quentin. But I think Pelican Bay Prison, which is even farther north is more likely.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It must be Pelican Bay if Peggy could see a pelican and it is north of SF.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Okay, went and read the vanity fair article. Never would have made the connection without it! I just can't remember character names. On to season 3.

I found season 2 to be a bit less than. Of course I'll watch season 3 because there's nothing on TV like this. Sophmore slump. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I would have never made the connection in a million years.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Pelican is super max facility and I'm not sure they have women. I assumed the comment on Pelicans was Peggy being quirky.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well when Peggy said she was hoping she would be charged with a federal crime so she would be transferred to SF Bay, I thought she was talking about Alcatraz, which was a federal prison.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'm with you on that thought Lexi. Alcatraz was the first prison I thought of with Peggy's statement.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Alkatraz in in the middle of the SF Bay and San Quentin is at the edge of the bay and Pelican Bay is somewhere further north.

I think Peggy's discombobulated thought processes mixed them all up and somehow she came to the conclusion that there was a prison with pelicans somewhere in Northern California! After all, she did mix up real life with the movie she had watched earlier when she thought they were being "smoked out" of the meat locker by Hanzee.

Peggy's brain must be an interesting place...nice to place to visit (as in watching her in this series) but sure wouldn't wanna live there! :-)

Jennywa

07-17-2003

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jennywa a private message Print Post    
San Fran, yes I think you're onto something...
How would Peggy know about Federal prisons in California? She probably didn't even know Alcatraz was closed.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Doh! I just noticed I spelled Alcatraz with a "k"!

I deserve a "time out". :-)

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
There, there SFJ....you're always great in my book....even with a "k".

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"There, there SFJ....you're always great in my book....even with a "k"."

You mean I'm "kreat"in your book? Heehee

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Y'all are krazy!

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Kirsten Dunst is nominated for a golden globe for best actress.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
<<<< Going to read the VF article.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, June 26, 2016 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Be still my beating heart. I've just read that my man, Ewan McGregor has been cast as the lead in Fargo Season 3. He has a dual role, playing two brothers.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/20/fargo-ewan-mcgregor

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 06, 2016 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just read that shooting for season 3 doesn't even start until next month, November. So we still have a long wait. Season 2 started in October, so this is a much longer wait.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Naja, I read after season two finished airing in December 2015 that season 3 wouldn't air until 2017 - which sucks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 07, 2016 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I went back to see if anybody had posted about it in the thread archives, and no one had. And yeah, I figured quite a bit into 2017 seeing as how they haven't even started filming.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, March 10, 2017 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
After being off the air for over a year, season three's premiere date is Wednesday, April 19!!!