TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Netflix Series Recommendations : ARCHIVES: Archive through April 19, 2017 users admin

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Sugar...he sure was a wanker! I felt for her though, can you imagine everyone know except you?!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That would be terrible. What is wrong with people, why can't they just behave decently?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I have been enjoying Riverdale and The Lizzie Borden Chronicles.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 1:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Ranger...oddly enough, two of my nieces were talking earlier on social media about 13 Reasons Why.

I watched it last week with Kota (who is 18) and we talked throughout about the subjects the show brought up. So, I stumbled on this convo between my about a week away from being 14 year old niece and 17 year old niece who are both watching and had to play adult. Asked if their parents were watching with them, or aware they were watching, and mentioned their parents probably want to watch with them and discuss the different issues that pop up. I don't mind joining a discussion with them, but I know their parents will at least want to keep up with what is going on so they can talk about all of it.

Sadiesmom, we cut cable about six months ago. We have the Roku stick, have had Netflix for years and Amazon Prime. The one extra we pay for is CBS (it's like 6.99 a month) because that was the only station we watched on tv. Love it. Don't miss cable at all. The only show we're missing out on is Doctor Who and most of the earlier seasons (from Eccleston on) are on either Netflix or Prime (I can't remember which.) Figure we'll either buy the new seasons or wait til they pop up with the rest of them. I really can't figure out why the heck we didn't cut cable sooner.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Strategist, Zenya, Mizinvancouver...you all got me hooked on Offspring. I'm on only on S2 (almost done) but LOVE it. What a crazy, mixed up, but loveable family.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl, right?!! Love them and miss them! Wish the remaining seasons would come to Netflix.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I don't have to miss them since I'm only finishing up with S2 right now. I have a long way to go.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I'm glad you like it Gurliegirl, enjoy!!

Frogichik

06-10-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
13 Reasons Why

Wow! I could not stop watching. I am SO glad high school is over and we never had social media.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm about half way through 13 Reasons Why. I'm watching with my teen, who has suffered depression. Many of her friends are watching. I told her I wasn't sure if she should watch. But I guess it's giving us good discussion points -- like why isn't anyone reaching out to an adult?! I've heard it gets pretty graphic at the end, so still not sure this is a good choice, but I guess watching together is better than her watching it alone. So far it's an interesting construct of storytelling. the cut on the forehead is very helpful. LOL.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Still looking forward to the next seasons of Offspring too!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
All this talk about "Offspring"....what is it about? Wondering if I should add it to my list?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I started the 1st episode of Offspring yesterday. I think I liked it but dozed off. I have been sick for over a week with a cold, ear & sinus infection and it is taking a toll on me. Will try it again today.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Offspring is a comedic story about an Australian female doctor and her love life. It follows her coworkers, friends, and family. The first episode is not that great, but stick with it. By the end of the second episode you will be hooked.

Frogichik

06-10-2002

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Many of her friends are watching. I told her I wasn't sure if she should watch.

Very important to watch and discuss. I remember many of those low self esteem thoughts that run through a teenagers mind

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Brenda, please continue watching with your daughter. I would watch it WITH her so you can talk about it as it goes, because it does get more graphic. There are warnings before those 3 episodes, which are 9, 12 and 13 I think. It is not an easy to show to watch, but it's an important show to watch with your teens...just to open that communication.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
OK thanks. We will continue watching. I certainly don't want her watching it without me. I think we are ready for Ep 8 so maybe we'll finish it up this weekend.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am up to ep 11 of 13 Reasons Why. I was hooked after the first 15 minutes of the first ep. It's a very exhausting show that you have to pay attention to. But it's so interesting, you never lose focus.

I love how they gave him a visible forehead injury so you always know when you're in the present or the past.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the cut on the forehead was a brilliant way to help you keep track.

My teen and I finished the series last night. I had to turn away during some of the final episode. I found it a bit exploitive and graphic. She disagreed. We talked a lot about the behavior of different characters, how they could have handled things differently. For me the big takeaway was that you have to talk to your parents or another adult. And early on -- not once you're past the point of pure desperation. It's really a gut wrenching story and I woke up thinking about all of the Hannah Bakers out there.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad to hear that you finished watching. I know it was very hard to watch at times, but so many discussions to have with your child. I work at a school with 6th graders, and I know they're younger, but it's made me pay closer attention to what they're dealing with every day.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Scooterific, I've read Offspring described as a mix between Grey's Anatomy and Brothers & Sisters. I agree. It's my replacement for Bros & Sis' as well as Parenthood. And I guess, in a way Grey's since I gave up on it two years ago.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thanks...I'll give it a look

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
For all you "Bloodline" fans - the third and final season becomes available on May 26. Has there ever been a more depressing set of characters on one show? I doubt it. But I can't wait to see what happens to everyone.

http://deadline.com/2017/04/bloodline-season-3-teaser-trailer-photos-premiere-date-1202070767/

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I love Bloodlines....and am thinking about starting over from season 1

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ok, I finished Offspring last night. Now what do I do with myself? Tried to find a potential US drop date for Season 6 but to no avail. It looks like it was on in Australia last Summer (or Winter, depending on how you look at it), so hopefully we'll get it here soon. I did read a couple spoilers. I won't give them away, but interested to see how it plays out.