TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Sci-Fi Show Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESSugar750 31 08-06-17  8:21 pm
Archive through September 02, 2017Kitt25 09-02-17  11:05 pm
Archive through June 23, 2018Kitt25 06-23-18  9:28 pm
Archive through August 20, 2018Sadiesmom25 08-20-18  3:08 pm
Archive through December 01, 2018Jimmer25 12-01-18  2:48 pm
Archive through January 04, 2020Karuuna25 01-04-20  2:46 pm
Archive through January 23, 2020Ketchuplover14 01-23-20  11:33 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 25, 2020 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Post about the new series, Picard have been moved to the new thread for the show. :-)

Roteach

06-01-2003

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen the new sci-fyish show called Avenue 5 with Josh Gad and Hugh Laurie? It's only a half hour show and it's a commedy. I enjoyed the first episode. It's set in a space resort vehicle.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Hi Roteach, I saw it. I posted about it in the Crave thread. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Is Crave a Canadian network? I saw it on HBO.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Crave is a streaming service like Netflix or Prime. I noticed many HBO shows are in Crave as well my cable company offers HBO and Crave together but I just bought Crave as it is cheaper.

So I guess we could talk anout Avenue 5 here or in Crave thread. I posted there as I was saying what I watch from Crave.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If anyone has the mental energy for an apocalyptic show, Epix channel is showing the French adaptation of War of the Worlds. Eight episodes of an hour each.

Not sure abuot other providers, but DirecTV has Epix free until the 24th. The show keeps rerunning so I've been able to record the series as they air, but it doesn't let me play the on demand ones.

I've watched the first two episodes and it's pretty good.

Have your long distance glasses handy as the subtitles on the French parts are pretty small. Mostly it's in English though.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Today the finale was released (of War of the Worlds). I found the whole thing a bit slow and unexciting.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, June 03, 2023 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Lazarus Project starts on TNT tomorrow:

"George is the latest recruit to The Lazarus Project โ€“ a secret organization that has harnessed the ability to turn back time whenever the world is at the threat of extinction. George and his colleagues are the few people on Earth with the ability to remember the events that are undone when time goes back. But when a freak accident harms someone close to George, Lazarus wonโ€™t let him turn back time to undo it unless there is the threat of global extinction. Now George must choose to stay loyal or go rogue as he faces the question: if you had the power to re-write your past, what would you sacrifice to do it?"

Sounds pretty good.
https://www.tntdrama.com/shows/the-lazarus-project

On Tuesdays on the CW there's a new British show called The Rising. E1 was last week, and I liked it. It's about a girl who wakes up (from being dead) in a lake and then tries to work out who killed her. I believe it's a miniseries, eight episodes and it's over.

First episode is free on cw.com (with ads) and on demand. E2 is Monday.
https://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-rising/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I signed up for the Lazarus Project and didn't make it through the first episode.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 04, 2023 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really liked the Lazarus Project! Lot of potential there, although most of this episode set everything up, so we'll have to see how it goes.

I hadn't heard of it before I saw the ad, so didn't know it was British (and from last year), but at least that means we know it has already been renewed for a season 2!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ok Kitt & Sea, I'm checking out the Lazarus Project right now... hope I like it. Keep you guys posted.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well I tried. Quit in the middle of the 3rd ep. Found it dreadfully boring. Hopefully for those who stick with it, it picks up a bit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My DVR recorded it but not sure I want to bother watching. Maybe.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Where are you getting all the other episodes? I only see it on tv on Sunday nights.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here. There was a preview on demand and then episode 1 recorded last night.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Found it on hulu... but I don't get that. I will have to be patient :-).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kitt, on my xfinity it has the whole first season of Lazarus. Is this the first season?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, this is the first season. It aired in the UK last year, so perhaps that's why they are allowing some providers to have the whole season. It's not on my DirecTV/AT&T On Demand.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ah, got it, thanks for explaining!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah streaming and so many outlets has brought the situation where audiences are out of synch, with some people binging a season and others getting one episode per week. And another group on viewers may only get their binge after streamers have seen the whole season (like The Traitors where I could only see one episode and then watched the podcasts of the entire season and posts here about the entire season, then all episodes popped up on demand so I binged but had been spoiled and any discussion was done.

Also I hear podcasters who watch shows on some streaming service where they don't get the preview footage but those watching on cable or satellite do get previews.

Makes it harder to discuss as a group.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It does. It's a shame for the shows with mysteries, where there's so much to discuss. But on the other hand it is sometimes so good to binge things, just watch multiple episodes over a weekend or something.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
well, with the writer's strike I'm thinking I'm going to need some things to binge!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 13, 2023 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I gave The Lazarus Project 3 episodes but I cancelled the series.

Basically liked no one, didn't care for the violence. And it was so dark (and I cannot blame cataracts because mine are gone)..

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching The Rising? I think I got to episode 3 or 4? Not sure because I fell asleep lol. I'm sure it didn't help that for some inexplicable reason, the words were out of sink with the mouths. Which in another language is even stranger to watch.

Is it me? I find it boring, and I don't care about the girl...or anything. Does it get better?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Episode 4 was on tv tonight. Ep 4 wasn't so good, but the three before held my interest.

I watched on the CW, and the words were in synch. You mention a different language, are you watching a foreign version? The one on tv is the English one, in English, but I know it's based on a Belgian show so maybe you found that, if you're streaming it?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 19, 2023 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
OK so if the 4th episode is worse then the first 3...I can't imagine I will like it. You know...I streamed it, but I can't tell you where I watched it.

Obviously if it was on the CW it's impossible that it was dubbed lol. My gosh, I assumed that since it was Belgium on Sky it was dubbed because the sync was SO off! Lol Plus I was half asleep.. In any case, it did not keep my interest.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Just so you know, the end of The Rising was really exciting and unexpected...(the final couple of episodes).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, June 20, 2023 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Ok...so I will continue watching on your recommendation Sanfran, because you have always had similar taste

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: