TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Falling Skies on TNT

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Falling Skies on TNT users admin

http://www.fallingskies.comhttp://www.fallingskies.com

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through June 19, 2011Kitt25 06-19-11  9:54 pm
Archive through July 02, 2011Seamonkey25 07-02-11  5:14 pm
Archive through July 25, 2011Sanfranjoshfan25 07-25-11  7:11 pm
Archive through June 18, 2012Sanfranjoshfan25 06-18-12  4:48 pm
Archive through January 05, 2013Whrlwnd25 01-05-13  9:50 am
Archive through June 10, 2013Scout25 06-10-13  2:50 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Either the bug that was in Tom did something to his sperm, or when they were all tangled up in the skitter web and Karen scanned Anne to announce the pregnancy, she did something to the baby before they were rescued.

In the meantime, that bug is in Hal. So hard to tell what he's up to.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 10, 2013 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You mean Mason's bug went into Hal? Or a new bug (memory is not my forte!)?

I couldn't even work out how long or why Hal was paralysed, I know something happened with him on the roof at last season's finale but couldn't remember him paralysed. I was hoping during the show I'd find out, but in the end decided it didn't matter ;).

Yep, Scout, I think/hope they will have back stories to fill in the gap. That would be useful.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
I guess you don't remember, Kitt. Karen implanted a different bug (same type, but different one) in Hal in last few minutes of the last episode last season...sort of the cliffhanger.

Kona, perhaps it was something they did to Tom when they were holding him on their ship (between season 1 & 2)... do you think? Or, I guess it could've been from when Karen scanned Anne. Or, is it possible, that Anne is hallucinating about the baby?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, see, I remember there was a cliffhanger, but that's as much as I had, lol. I was hoping that would be the opening of the premiere so I would be reminded. Thanks, I wouldn't have known that and then down the line when the bug came out of him I'd have wondered how it got in there.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
She transmitted it by a big mouth kiss. He immediately passed out after. She got away, they all went back to camp. He was unconscious. Anne did a cursory check but didn't see anything wrong, so they all left his room. Once they left he got up went to look in the mirror, and we watched the bug come out of (I can't remember where) and crawl into (I can't remember either nose or ear). Then, it cut to something else... and then the episode ended. :-)

I only remember all of this because I watched a lot of the S1 & S2 marathons...especially that last episode so I would remember where it had left off...not that it ended up mattering.

No doubt they will have to give a few flashbacks. Not just to explain Hal, but I'd like to see how that new alien came into the picture.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, June 23, 2013 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Can someone give me a "what the heck has happened this season" update. I have watched part of the shows, but am confused.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, June 24, 2013 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Hey Christy, I found this link to be helpful in catching up.

http://www.fallingskies.com/

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
There's so much on on Sunday nights, I'm not sure if anyone is keeping up w/ this one, but...

I don't trust Marina (Gloria Rueben's character).

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Whrlwnd, I agree. Thinking she may be the mole.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh.... I hadn't thought of that! Maybe!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Sunday, July 07, 2013 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
That's what I'm thinking too, Kitkat.

Alarm bells have been going off in my head since we first met her. Partly because I don't know anything about her, and partly because she seems to be the one who knows everything that Tom's doing &/or planning.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 13, 2013 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And now she's president...

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Never in a million years expected that!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think that's because the writers randomly decided it was her at some point, so there was nothing we could have predicted.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I wonder if she had anything to do with the baby seeming to be half alien. Maybe she infected it with some of her "worms"?

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Well now, me too!

I'm wondering how/when that could've happened to her, though?

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, July 15, 2013 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I don't remember any time she was out of the clinic area. Could Hal passed on his "worm" infection to her? If that were the case, you would think that he could also have passed it on to his girl friend. ????

huh2

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm wondering how/when that could've happened to her, though?"

They love to skip over the details of how things evolve on this show. It probably happened during the 7 months between last year's season finale and this year's season premiere. In that same time period, Anne Glass carried a pregnancy to term.....we never got to see exactly what happened to her during her pregnancy either.....but suddenly this year she has a baby with alien DNA.

Last season ended with Mason being astonished at seeing a brand new alien creature landing his craft and exiting the hatch right in front of him. Cut to the season 2 premiere and that new alien is already part of the inner circle of the entire group. We never got to see how that dynamic evolved.

I'd bet money this season ends in some kind of cliffhanger and there is another long jump between season 2 and 3....just long enough for there to be big changes....but we'll never see the details of how those changes happen.

I think I have just come to expect that events resulting in big changes in the show's direction will happen offscreen.

I still enjoy the show, though.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Yup I was sure it was ms. president as well. Shocker!!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Well, I pretty much assumed that Lourdes was infected during the 7 months that we weren't watching, but I still wonder the circumstances that it happened, and why her? As Kitkat said, she never leaves the compound. Oh well, hopefully we'll find out, or I'll get over my curiosity. :-)

I'm still suspicious of Marina. Can't put my finger on what I think is up w/ her, though. Maybe she's working w/ the aliens, or maybe it's a human thing...she's not a democratic leader. Whatever it is, I just don't trust her agenda.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, July 18, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I'm still suspicious of Marina.

Me too, Whrlwnd!

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
TNT is currently running last season's shows as a review, it will end at 8:00 tonight.

The new series starts June 22nd at 10:00pm.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
Falling Skies Season 4 Episode 1 has been released on Amazon Prime. Hope to watch it tonight after dinner. Wondering if it is a mistake. hehe

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 16, 2014 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Early? That will make it confusing for the rest of us who have to wait until June 22.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I got to watch it so anyone who bought the tv pass can too. It is like when starz and other cable channels gave out the first episode of the season so people would order the channel for that show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's also available already On Demand (as are last season's episodes, if anyone wants to be reminded).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, how odd that you can watch it early on On Demand... I've never seen that before!

Thanks for the heads up!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They do that more and more often. I think they had the premiere episode of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire available a couple of weeks before it's actual premiere date.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Two episode finale tonight, it's on at 9-10 AND 10-11 ET.

This season's been a bit disappointing. Not keen on any of the Lexi story although my soppy brain likes the Ben-Maggie-Hal triangle.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Whatever is happening this season, is, IMHO, a set up for next season, which is the final season of the series.

I'm still watching this but it has never lived up to my expectations....in the first episode, they started the story six months after the invasion. Subsequent seasons had some big revelation in the season finale episodes, but the following season always started months later.

A good example is the season finale that ended with a new type of alien landing in their midst. The following year, the story picked up months later after they had already become allies with the new alien (Cochise).

It would have been great to see how that coalition came about but they always jump over the more interesting parts of the story and then give us a new dynamic with the same old fighting....but not the story how the new dynamic came about.

At least they announced that next season will be the final one so we should be able to expect a decent wrap up. Of course, I'll be irked if they come back next year after a long time jump, once again skipping over some important story developments.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, August 31, 2014 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Well I don't suppose I have to worry about the Lexi story anymore.

Yes, very true what you say Sanfran. I remember that strange structure and getting glimpses of a new alien at the end of one season, being really excited about what came next and then it was nothing to do with it.

I guess I'm glad they're wrapping it up. I like a lot of the characters but it's lost its footing.

Vickie

07-16-2004

Friday, January 01, 2016 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vickie a private message Print Post    
I finally got to see the last season of this show. Amazon decided instead of showing it like usual when it came back they would charge for the season. So of course I waited.

I liked the people in the show. Sorry to see Mira S. die and her bad boy boyfriend go off his rocker again... I'll miss the skitters lol

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: