TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ellen

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Ellen users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 08, 2013Heckagirl63125 08-08-13  12:24 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Good for Sophia Grace.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
She's in there with some BIG names! I'm sure she is ticked pink.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's my fave musical. I know this show well. I saw it on Broadway, have the CD and the Video. I've met and interviewed some of the actors from the Broadway show (including the Wolf in the vid below.) That being said, not sure it's appropriate for a very young kid to play it, as the subtext for Red-Riding Hood's story in the play is surviving child-molestation:

Here are the two songs from her story:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAuqQ-h7vA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK81Rv65fgQ

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
To be fair, I've seen some amateur productions of the show, with young kids, that played down the seamier side of the show. And that would certainly be more appropriate for Sophia Grace. I'm concerned with this film and this cast, they are most likely going to showcase the seamier side. Which is fine, it's part of the genious of the show, but not with a child performer. Call me old-fashioned. The girl playing Red on Broadway and in the vid below, was a teenager at the time.

Sorry to be a wet blanket.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
One last thing... I just googled Diane Ferland the actress playing Red in the vid above, and she was about 16 when she played it on Broadway in '87. Personally I wouldn't want to see anyone younger than 14 playing that role for the reasons I mentioned in my 2 posts above.

ETA: Mind you... it IS Disney behind this... so perhaps... maybe, it won't be too graphic.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, August 08, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Mame. I wasn't familiar with the musical. I hope the play down they seamier side!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sophia Grace and Rosie are on again today :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 02, 2013 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally downloaded that game Ellen plays all the time called "Heads Up", and my body is aching from how hard I laughed at DH trying to act things out....LOL! I have to give him credit tho for even agreeing to play the game with me.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, December 02, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
That game looks like fun!

Correction to above posts: I guess Sophia Grace wasn't cast in 'Into the Woods'. That news article I posted back in August was either incorrect or they decided to re-cast after first hiring her.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't why, but I have been under the impression that Ellen's show wasn't as popular as it used to be, but apparently they hit a series high in the ratings week before last.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/24/the-ellen-degeneres-show-hits-series-high-in-total-viewers/224677/

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wonder what this means? Ellen is moving from our local CBS station to our local ABC station next season in September. (I'm in the Kansas City, Mo, viewing area) She even made a commercial about the move. That's how I know about it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, I found my own answer. Apparently "Ellen" has slipped to "#2" on certain channels at certain times in certain areas, so they are moving her to where they think she will be #1 again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sophia Grace and Rosie's movie is going to be on Nickelodeon this Saturday night. I'm not into watching kid's movie, but I think Sophia Grace and Rosie are so adorable I am going to make an exception.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
New shows started this week. Good guests tomorrow -- Harry Connick, Jr. and, for those who liked The Killing, Mireille Enos.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 11, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I really liked her tribute to Robin Williams at the end of today's show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Remember how much we all loved Sophia Grace and Rosie?

Sophia Grace has a new show starting tonight on ABC. It's called "The Toy Box". Eric Stonestreet is the host.

It's like Shark Tank, except it's a bunch of kids on the panel judging toys made by adults.

Since the whole show has already been taped, the winning toy has already been made by Mattel, and as soon as the winner is announced, you'll be able to get right online and order it.

I posted it here because it's the place I knew most of us know about Sophia Grace.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, it wasn't that good. But since Friday doesn't have a big selection of shows, it's considered OK. LoL

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn't like it. The kids were kind of annoying.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch. Figured the kids would be at least prompted to play it up. NOT into that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 17, 2017 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize how much older Sophia Grace is than she looks.

She turns 14 tomorrow, April 18. She seems so much younger.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 25, 2017 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Go Howie!! Howie Mandel was on Ellen today. He was making fun of the fashion industry. He was romping in a romper.

Some years ago I heard fashion industry person refer to a down coat as a "puffer". Please.... I've heard "puffer" once or twice in the years since. That word didn't catch on.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 26, 2017 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Color, I think that might be a British thing.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, May 12, 2021 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good bye, Ellen. She's ending her show after next season.

In the beginning I wouldn't miss it. Then watched only depending who she had on. After scandal reports last year -- I do not watch. I don't believe her, "I knew nothing about it." Ha ha. Every once in a while during a show she'd say something "blue". She thought it was funny / "cute". Not during a daytime family show, Ellen. And some of the skits which involved her producers. Ridiculous. She lost this viewer.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, May 13, 2021 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the more disappointing celebrities in recent memory. I liked her so much.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: