TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 19, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grimm: Archive through November 19, 2011 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Ahnicka - according to the "this season on Grimm", regarding someone to keep tabs on Grimm:

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
the cop's boss is one of the evil characters (he was also a bad guy on Warehouse 13 this past season).

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Konamouse, I always enjoy spoilers!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Im worried this will get cancelled since NBC showed little faith in by placing it on the 2nd most undesirable tv viewing night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It kind of reminds me a little of The Night Stalker.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Yeah Jimmer

Mimi

04-30-2009

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mimi a private message Print Post    
I like this one.

Jimmer I can remember the old Night Stalker with Darren McGavin (the "Old Man") from A Christmas Story.

Oldtex

03-06-2006

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oldtex a private message Print Post    
I know I'm not the only one who watched this tonight. I'm really loving this one. Tonight the show ended...and I'm wanting more!

I really enjoy coming to the TV thread and reading everyone's thoughts and theories. I usually just sit back and enjoy a show, but you guys really add alot of intrigue with your opinions. Keep it up, please.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm going with Once Upon A Time and leaving this one behind. It's just not my style of show.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I liked this episode too but the show overall has to flesh out a little if it is going to survive. I wonder will we continue to see his aunt maybe as a spirit guiding him.

I keep missing Once Upon a Time. It must be on when I watch something else. I don't DVR.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm caught up on Grimm. Has a definite X-Files feel to me, but lacks the charm and wit of Mulder. I'll give it a few more weeks and see if it really grows on me or not. I think the loss of the aunt may hurt the show, so I wonder if we'll see more of her. I do like the little bits of humor, love the 'big bad wolf' guy. Not feeling much for the main guy or his girlfriend yet. I think I'm more intrigued by "once upon a time" because I don't know where it's going. This one might fall into a 'monster of the week' type pattern and then I'll lose interest likely.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Although they are based on fairy tales they are otherwise quite different shows. I like both series. The best part of this one so far is his reluctant "wolf" sidekick.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it even more the 2nd week - probably because the characters are growing more. I like Once Upon a Time but I don't want to get hung up on comparing the two. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy both.

Like Ahnicka, it occurred to me last night that the fiance could easily end up being a creature. Are creatures able to hide their true selves if they remain calm - is that how it works?

I think the aunt will continue to return in dreams or in a ghost state. They also left it open for him to locate other Grimms since the aunt said they do exist.

This show reminds me of Buffy and Angel in that some of the creatures are willing to evolve and work for the good side and yes, there's always that one reluctant sidekick (Buffy had Spike, the Cop has the Wolf) who makes for a few moments of humor each week.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Some are comparing this to Buffy and Angel. I can see it, sort of. Especially with the blonde, female creature from the first episode...it looks like she'll return for more, and she is totally a parallel to Darla. I bet she ends up turning it around and being a good guy (girl) in the end. (maybe not for a while, though)

The show has potential, and I'll keep watching.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Now that you mention it she is a very clear parallel to Darla! I think this series has a lot of potential if they play it right.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 07, 2011 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Some are comparing this to Buffy and Angel."

That certainly fits, especially considering the executive producer's credits:

David Greenwalt:

Grimm (TV series) (executive producer - 8 episodes)

Angel (TV series) (executive producer - 66 episodes, 1999-2002) (consulting producer - 44 episodes, 2002-2004)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV series) (consulting producer - 66 episodes, 1999-2002) (co-executive producer - 34 episodes, 1997-1998) (executive producer - 22 episodes, 1998-1999)

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0339264/

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
My friend is on this Friday. :-)

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know where one can watch past episodes of Grimm. To catch up? Thanks

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
They were filming outside my GD's office building the other day.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Saggkl, NBC has them:

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i basically enjoy the idea but the main character is not right. His hair looks weird, like a wig and he seems way too young for the part of Police investigator.

He's forgettable and unfortunately, this show is going to need more then that Same blank confused look he has on his face constantly.

Muldaur and Scully were very good actors/ very expressive. None of these new sci fi/ fantasy shows has decent acting. Once Upon a Time is almost cartoony and reminds me of a kids show, Like "neverending story'

Saggkl

07-16-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
i finally got to NBC to watch past episodes.. Thanks Hypermom. Has there only been three show so far? I guess thats why I missed it.. I watch Fringe and CSI NY.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I think the dude shot the wrong monster. Those bee people seemed to like him until the final scene. He killed their leader so now he gets stung...seems about right to me.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I'm liking this show more and more.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
needs more of the wolf. less of the cop. i love actor that plays wolf

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Saturday, November 19, 2011 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I'm loving this show! but it does need more of the sidekick!