TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
TVCH's Home & Life Organization ...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Home and Garden: TVCH's Home & Life Organization users admin

Visit Flylady's website at: *Flylady.net

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Household Notebook/Control JournalLkunkel08-06-04  11:01 pm
ARCHIVESDipo5175 208 03-24-17  2:15 pm
Archive through April 06, 2017Wargod25 04-06-17  3:34 am
Archive through April 15, 2017Dipo25 04-15-17  1:43 pm
Archive through April 22, 2017Dipo25 04-22-17  6:19 pm
Archive through May 03, 2017Wargod25 05-03-17  1:57 am
Archive through May 11, 2017Dipo25 05-11-17  1:50 pm
Archive through May 19, 2017Wargod25 05-19-17  12:43 am
Archive through May 24, 2017Dipo25 05-24-17  10:27 am
Archive through May 30, 2017Biloxibelle25 05-30-17  8:11 pm
Archive through June 05, 2017Dipo25 06-05-17  12:21 pm
Archive through June 11, 2017Biloxibelle25 06-11-17  6:29 pm
Archive through June 14, 2017Wargod25 06-14-17  4:49 am
Archive through June 18, 2017Wargod25 06-18-17  12:49 am
  Start New Thread        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So sleepy, LOL, finally fell asleep around 3am, then at 8am, Big Brother Buddy woke me up with a reminder that I need the feeds to see the cast rollout tomorrow. Nope, I don't watch those things.

Sort of swept the bedroom floor this am so I could move the litter tracking mat where it belongs and then I can set up the portable AC unit.

Nothing else done, I will unload the dishwasher which I ran at midnight, LOL, at some point today.

And I have some spaghetti in the fridge that I need to package into some serving sizes and throw into the freezer so I can do microwave meals this week.

Other than that just sitting still by a fan trying not to sweat.

I have a couple of cardboard box forts that Nala and Sylvester can retreat to if needed, I think it is pretty cool in there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Portable AC unit is up and running in the bedroom. It promptly blew the fuse (breaker) for the bedroom so I had to figure out which one it was and I managed to turn off the wrong one, LOL. So now I have to reset the clocks everywhere.

And I found the manual which I was wondering about, and a registration form, so I will complete that.

So now part of my house will be considerably cooler which makes me feel better, I wanted someplace for the kitties that is cool since I can't tell when they are hot until it is too late.

I am afraid to turn the TV back on though, LOL, it was on when the fuse blew so if I have to not have it on, so be it. I will try it again later once I have the room cooled down.

And then if it's a problem I will call an electrician.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I was wrong the clocks are fine, the answering machine had to be redone.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Monday's Mission

I said this probably last time we had this mission, the only thing under my bed is a clear plastic container that holds all my gift wrapping supplies (wrapping paper, tissue paper, gift bags, gift boxes, ribbons, etc.) I love it there, it's out of the way since we don't need it at hand every day and it's kept nice and neat in one little place. And I ain't moving it, lol!

We had a quiet day at home, Darren enjoyed what I'm calling his rebirthday (since he really didn't celebrate yesterday) and Father's Day. Dakota has been sinusy and had a sore throat. She took a long nap and felt better, though she said before she went to bed a while ago that she's starting to feel pretty bad again. Might end up at urgent care with her tomorrow.

Not sure what I'm doing tomorrow...I do need dog food, and carrots so I may run some errands and take care of that. It's my oldest nieces 18th birthday, thought about going to see her, but my bil's step mom and sister are in town and I know they were planning a day out with the girls to celebrate.

Tomorrow's forecasted temp...108, whee. I hung jeans up on the line today, just out of the washer, seriously took 20 minutes to be completely dry. The dogs aren't even going outside til the sun goes down.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am anxiously awaiting the cool down...this morning we started with 91 in the bedroom (according to the portable AC unit) and 84 on the hallway thermostat.

Went ahead and turned on the AC unit, just have the fans going out in the office/LR/DR; pulled the drapes but Sylvester is laying in front of the slider so I haven't pulled the second drape yet. I did go out and tilt the umbrellas and I need to run some water out to the bird bath.

My electric bill is going to soar! I did do a little clean up this morning, picked up some cat fur and ran the dust buster on the bedroom floor for the kitty litter.

Took a quick shower to rinse off the sweat, thought about changing the sheets but since I am going to sweat it out for a few more days decided to wait. The long range forecast shows back to the 80's on Sunday, I CAN'T WAIT.

So far kitties seem to be fine and I have a fan blowing on the slate foyer to keep it cool, they seem to like it there when it gets too hot.

Only thing I really need to work into my day is making a salad for lunch/dinner, and getting the dishwasher unloaded.

I may have to do 5 minute sets of chores instead of 15!

Hope Dakota feels better, we have some high grass pollen, maybe you guys have something else blooming.

Oh, I forgot, I have some trash to take out....maybe at 11pm; now that I know the AC unit works I can get rid of all the Styrofoam /cardboard, plastic and boxes that it came in, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I was clearing email and realized I forgot to comment.

The only thing under my bed is cats, cat hair, and a rug they lay on, which I periodically vacuum.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Refilled the water bottles, it seems I am doing that everytime I go into the kitchen. Chopped up a bunch of celery so when I want to make salad, like I did today...tuna salad, they are already to go.

Also sliced up some celery and carrots for quick snacks. I don't seem to be very interested in food with this heat.

Also trying to keep it cool for the kitties, but I had to power blow outs today. I thought since we got through yesterday without one that we would be ok today, I was wrong.

Looking for an electrician, have to go through my house paperwork sine I know I had someone come once before.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 19, 2017 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Found the old bill so now I can call the electrician.

My biggest accomplishment today....BIG BROTHER CAST BIOs, LOL. I also am making my flash cards, need to did out my cardboard poster that I pin them on, hahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's Mission
http://www.flylady.net/c/fp.php?tzm=420

ACCKKKK! I noticed I only had 3 cold water bottles! Refilled all the ones I could find around the house, I have been going through them like mad.

Refilled the bird bath, and watered a couple of plants. Taking a break but will go out and water some more in a bit.

We are just trying to stay cool and not break too much of a sweat for the next 3 days. A FLEX alert has been issued saying not to use too much power, ie, don't run the dishwasher, or unnecessary things during the peak hours of 2-9pm. That's exactly why I ran the dishwasher at midnight the other day, LOL.

So I have the drapes drawn, the fans going and just me, the computer, the TV and the fridge, LOL.

Yesterday I switched my ice maker on and off a couple of times because it didn't seem to be making ice fast enough, I think it was really I was using ice faster than normal.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It has surprisingly dramatically cooled off! I went and cleaned up the kitchen, scrubbed the sink, got Sylvester and Nala some fresh food and planted some kitty grass seed.

Sylvester hasn't slept with me in days and he came over and demanded to be in my lap for some pets and a little nap.

I wish it was over but at least we are getting a little break tonight.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Wednesday's Mission

It is still 87 here, 83 in the house last I checked. Just hot.

Heh Dipo, PJ often sleeps under my bed.

Haven't done a lot today. Yesterday I did quite a bit of cleaning. Dakota thought it was weird I was cleaning the bathroom at 11:30pm. Did make it to the store (again, yesterday) and since Kota wasn't feeling good, Caleb went with me.

Today the younger two nieces came over. They went to the water park with their grandma, auntie and mom yesterday and dang they are burned. Sis was pretty crispy too. Said they used sunscreen all day long...I don't care how much they used or how strong it was, when it's this hot, it ain't helping! Anyways, ended up being a lazy day. The girls were feeling the burn so they weren't up to much and Kota is just starting to feel better, so she wasn't up for much. And it was just too hot to want to do anything.

Tomorrow, gonna try Caleb's dentist appt again. Just realized I never got a confirmation text from them today, so I should call before we head over there. Not sure what else I'll do. I want to clean the carpet, but that'll be a job for late at night, I'm thinking 10 or 11 at least, though considering the temps tonight, I might just put that off for a bit.

Biloxibelle

12-21-2001

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biloxibelle a private message Print Post    
Oh War, sunburns are the worst. I have a redhead, blue-eyed granddaughter. I have noticed the last couple of years sunscreen does not work like it used to. The best one we can find is Water Babies.

I am seeing progress here. I have my bedroom completely cleaned and organized. I got the entry hall done yesterday and hopefully today I will get the dining room done. Years ago I converted our guest bedroom into my craft room. When MIL moved in I have to turn it back into a bedroom. Everything that was in there has been displaced into the entry hall, dining room and living room. We won't discuss my garage, although I am still enjoying the clean corner, lol. I made a small crafting/ beading area in my bedroom.

I would probably have my dining room done if I didn't have to spend a good deal of time on the phone yesterday. When my FIL passed away my MIL kept wanting to make phone calls. I repeatedly asked her not to, but she managed to slip one in on me and her auto insurance ended up being canceled. I had to get on the phone yesterday and fix that.

TS Cindy has me pretty much housebound today so I will put that to good use. Lots of waterspouts but so far we have been good here.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha about cleaning the bathroom at 11.30 Wargod. I did actually think about running the vac but decided it might disturb my neighbors who actually have to go to work, LOL.

Based on the forecasts I have seen you might want to hold off on the carpets until Friday or Saturday, check your local forecast, we are going back to normal next week.

The other day I was making my BB flashcards and ran out of tape. I know I have tape elsewhere, so yesterday I ended up bringing all the bins of office supplies I could find to the island. It has been on my list to deal with the office supplies for a while, anyway no tape there (probably in the wrapping paper bin, so I used staples), but I want to get rid of all of the office supplies so will be boxing them up for donation.

Oh my Biloxibelle, I have been watching TS Cindy on the Weather Channel, at least it is a good reason to do some organizing.

Not sure if there is anything I will get done today, maybe the boxing up the office supplies while logging them into Itsdeductible. I want to end up with one box of the stuff I actually use. Need to check around and see if I have more hidden supplies....I know I need to pull the stuff out of the desk drawers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot, I bagged up some of the ice so I could trick my ice maker into making more, LOL.

And I want to check and see what my newest PG&E bill says, I was trying to cut down on usage before the heat wave so I may not be able to see any change, so that is on my list too.

Finally I need to check a friends registry and get a wedding present purchased.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watered the plants, it is weirdly stifling outside, but I saw a weather report that showed fog coming in the golden gate!!!!!!

On to office chores.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thursday's Mission

Biloxi, red head, fair skinned, and freckles here, too. When I was growing up, the risk of sun damage wasn't really a big deal (born in '73.) That was back when everyone would slather on oil and go lay out in the sun, sigh. I pretty much stayed out of the sun or used sunscreen, not because I worried about skin cancer, but because sunburns hurt, though I was nowhere near as careful as now!

While I don't worry about makeup and my usual "beauty" routine is shower, brush hair and teeth, and get dressed, I spend at least 20 minutes everyday slathering on sunscreen soon as I get out of the shower. If I'm not planning on going anywhere except inside/outside the house, I use neutragena ultra sheer dry (which I know I butchered the spelling) 30spf. If I'm going to be out all day, especially outside all day (say the park,) I use the neutragena spray and a stronger spf. I really like theirs because neither the spray or lotion is greasy like some sunscreens. I think I've hammered the point home to the kids, while Caleb isn't all that fair skinner, he always uses sunscreen outside. Dakota is like me, very fair skinned, though blond, she carries sunscreen in her purse and buys makeup and moisturizers that have sunscreen added to them.

You have to be so careful. I give lectures to the kids friends about the risks and have had to point out to a few that just because they aren't white, doesn't mean they aren't at risk of skin damage and skin cancer (skin cancer rates among blacks and latinos had been going up for a while, not sure if that's still the case.) And I was always the mom who lined the softball girls up and went down the row with the can of spray sunscreen before games and practices. Heh, I'm a bit of a nut about it, but ya know, those years of not being so careful and my fair skin and freckles, leaves me now checking my gazillion freckles on a regular basis.

Dipo, I decided to wait on the carpets. We're supposed to cool down to under 100 next Tuesday through the rest of the week so I'll wait for then. It was somewhat cooler today than yesterday, it was only 104.

I'm watching TS Cindy on the news right now, what a mess. Not sure where it was with a bunch of flooding.

I just did some light cleaning today. One load of laundry late tonight and that was it.

Tomorrow not sure what my plans are for the day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Quickly cleaned up the kitchen, I need to run some trash, recycling and the newspapers down to the bins, may do that shortly since the high temps will hit around 2-3pm; so I might as well get it done and over with.

Dumped my flowers, have the vase sitting in soapy water. Oh, also need to refill water bottles.

I did a Safeway delivery which consists of water, soda, milk, wine, and veggies for salads. I was cracking up at the amount of beverages, guess the subconscious is suggestive of beverages when you are thirsty just like food when you are hungry, LOL.

Not sure what else will get done just trying to keep the house cool and make it to tomorrow.

I am so excited, it is supposed to be below 90 all next week!! I can't believe how happy that makes me, I really prefer 70's.

Also I did check my PG&E bill, sent them an email asking how a pilot light could use $20 of gas in a month. Turning off the pilot light today.

Plus I need to make some more iced tea, I have been going through a pitcherful a day!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I really need this heat wave to go away and normal temps to prevail, I feel like my house needs a good clean.

And I am so sleepy from such a crazy sleep schedule. Off to run downstairs.

Oh and what is with these missions, some people must just trash the space in and around their beds, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, trash, newspapers, recycling, kitty poop out and mail picked up.

I can't believe how hot it is out there!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Delivery came, all the perishable stuff put away. The rest can wait, I can only do a little bit at a time, too hot.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The rug in my office was looking mighty dirty so I grabbed the dust buster and did it and the floor around the desk.

Looks so much better now!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So I posted in another thread, I have misplaced the following items: my pedometer, a gray cleaning cloth for my glasses and one of the nordic ice packs that I have been using for the past few days because of the heat wave.

So funny, I found the cloth on the floor by my office chair when I cleaned the rug, but no pedometer (they were together in my pocket, LOL).

And now that it is starting to cool off I may get some things done, we shall see.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
And I still haven't found the ice pack and it is a big one, LOL. I thought maybe I had slide it under the comforter but it's not there, no clue what I did with it, I will probably find it in a cabinet somewhere, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, June 22, 2017 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it is ridiculous how excited I am about next weeks "cooler" weather, lol. We're expecting like 97, 98 degree temps most of the week and I'm like WOO HOO!!!

I'm considering doing what's turned into an annual nieces/nephews sleep over since it'll be nice enough the kids can play outside. I have to get with their parents (that's 3 different sets of parents) and figure out when all 7 kids have a free day at the same time. I take that back, 9 kids, I also have to make sure Kota (since she helps out) and Caleb (cuz I only have one nephew young enough to want to come, I mean come on, who'd have thought a 16 year old boy, a 20 year old and 22 year old young men don't want to come for a sleepover!?!? lol, but that means Caleb has to be around for some boy bonding time with youngest nephew) are free as well.

Didn't do a lot today (story of the week I think) except cleaning up the kitchen and some minor housework. Too hot.

LOL Dipo, I keep my bedroom fairly clean, might see a laundry basket of folded clothes or a basket of dirty laundry, but other than that, fairly clean. Not because I'm an adult and that's what adults do, but because I have a teeny tiny bladder and drink a lot of water and tea and get up several times a night to go to the bathroom. With my eyes closed and half asleep groggy. I'd kill myself if my room was messy, lol! And if that mess was anywhere near my bed, I'd be in serious trouble.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Friday's Mission

I think I'm planning a stay home, do minor housework and grab my kindle and read day. Temp today is expected to be 105.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been doing that all week, I am so excited that today we are heading back to normal. I really want to do some cleaning but I am not sure it is really going to be cool enough.

I will play it by ear. I have all my office suplies sitting on the island to deal with and that includes cleaning out my desk drawers so those are things I can do in the heat.

I will leave it at that until I see what is going on with the forecast.

This morning I just cleaned up in the kitchen, loaded some stuff into the dishwasher and wiped down the stove and sink.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now that we are only going to hit 91 today, I have decided to open my eyes and see my house.....OMG, the bathroom needs cleaning, LOL. I noticed the toilet had managed to develop a ring, so I have put some cleaner in it, but it also needs a pumice. I noticed the cleaner wasn't getting the entire ring off so was going to purchase a stone.

Today I thought to check and see if I still had one...I did! Yeah, so when I go back to finish cleaning the toilet I think I will put some vinegar on the showerhead. That has been on my list as well.

Things will get done even though I am so tired, I think I have only gotten 2 decent nights of sleep in the past 5 days. Hope to catch a good nights sleep tonight.

Back to clearing my email and entering sweepstakes, LOL, will clean the bathroom when my timer goes off.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Bathroom is clean, toilet scrubbed and pumiced, vanity scrubbed, knick-knacks wiped down, shelves dusted and tub wiped out; and I must say it looks fabulous! The final thing that I have to do is the shower-head and a quick sweep of the floor.

But the timer went off, thank goodness, so I get a little break.

Time to see what is happening on twitter.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 23, 2017 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Got the showerhead hooked up with vinegar, moved the boxes to the bedroom (I figured out I should use them for my donations, rearranged a little in the closet so I can stack them until pickup. Got rid of the AC box, it was huge, well it has just moved to the porch, need to take it down to the trash.

Do that later when it cools down. I need to run over to TJ's; didn't realize I was out of avocados and I have been having them with lunch. So when I run over for those I will take the trash and box down.

Got thru all of my mail and now I can't figure out what I did with the registration form for the AC unit. One more missing item, LOL, but I did find the ice pack, it was hidden in plain site, hahahaha.

I had it wrapped in a hand towel and thought it was not the missing one, but a smaller one, turned out it was the bigger one, so not missing.

Still no pedometer, LOL.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, June 24, 2017 - 4:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yeah, not much done here. 107 was the high. I picked up a little bit. Did dishes. Balanced the checkbook and paid bills. Called it a day. On the plus side, I'm catching up on some reading.

Tomorrow might be some grocery shopping. Still supposed to be hot (106) with a small chance of rain and some humidity (I hate humidity, much prefer my heat dry!) but, the grocery stores at least have awesome A/C, lol.

That pedometer is probably somewhere really strange, Dipo, lol.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: