TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
GPS

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: All Things Technical: The Help Desk: GPS users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My stepdaughter gave a GPS system to my husband. It's old, and I think the battery was dead. I charged it with my computer. I think it may be working now, but we aren't really sure. It's a Tom Tom One. Anyone familiar?

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 1:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
you might as well throw it away. They came out in 2004, and new maps have no way to be updated any longer. It is basically a paperweight. GPS systems are so much cheaper than they used to be when that came out! I paid almost $700, and now they come free on your phone!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Painful but true how advances in technology turns expensive items into paperweights. I have the worst time forcing myself to throw stuff away that was once worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I don't won't to think about what I paid for my first home computer. 1982 and it was an Apple IIe. Using an online inflation calculator it would be around $8,000 today! And that's only one of the many electronic gadgets I've bought over the years from my first "cell phone" that weighed like 10 pounds to my first compact disc player to that 400 pound must have 36" color television. All of them gone the way of recycle, donation, or stuffed away someplace in my attic.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, it is worthless. I have a several generations later Tom Tom, and it is also worthless. We used my smart phone tonight to navigate our way to a hotel in Fort Lauderdale, and I barely know how to use the phone, let alone use it as a GPS. LOL.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: