TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 04, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 04, 2017 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL Treasure, but I can't just leave it out there without the cover, hahahaha, which I brought in to clean.

Maybe I can just aim the hair dryer at it once I am sure the rain has stopped.

And with all this trauma/hullabaloo, I think I will definitely change the bulb.

I think I will ask Google and see what pops up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The bulb was probably just loose, so it may be okay to not replace it.

Put the cover back on and don't change the bulb.

When the rain stops, take the cover off and let it dry completely before testing the bulb.

And make sure it's turned off until it's dry again.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna, goggle wasn't very helpful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 07, 2017 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I put the cover back on but it is going to really annoy me tonight when the light doesn't work, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: Does anyone know anything about 5ocean.com? For $20 you can buy a bracelet made from recycled materials and they say they will remove a pound of trash from the ocean.

Just wondering if this is a legit deal, LOL, I never trust anything anymore!

OH, and UPDATE....late yesterday after the sun shining on my light fixture I was able to replace the bulb. It made it so much better when the next storm hit last night!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I just asked my sister, who is into environmental resources, and she has never heard of 5ocean.com.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There is no website at 5ocean.com.
There is a website at 5ocean.net, but it's in Japanese.

FiveOcean.com sells beachfront real estate.

I can't find any reference to a "5ocean" anything that cleans the oceans.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That's ok Kar, I will translate it for you.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's 4ocean. (But I can't answer the question.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://m.facebook.com/4oceanbracelets/

for more info..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So sorry, I didn't realize I typed 5Ocean, it is 4Ocean.com

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Q: Ok, so now that we have the proper name, 4Ocean.com, I am still trying to figure out if they are a legit charitable group. I know someone here knows what that site is that tells how much of the money actually goes to the work and not the owners of the site.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, can you check back with your sister with the correct name, LOL. I know about Ocearch, but I don't know if they are part of them. Thanks.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I already did Dipo. She hadn't heard of it

I also SKYPEd my niece and asked her to look into it. She takes a long time to answer, but she might be able to find out something. She works at the Coral Reef Alliance.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks Dogdoc. I will be interested if anyone knows anything about them. Maybe I will google 4ocean scam and see what comes up.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well nothing came up for them on the scams but there sure are a lot of bracelet scams out there. I spent some more time on their website and can't find anything that nails them down to an actual "do good" team.

Looks very sales oriented to me with clean-ups that may or may not be theirs. Also I found a site called Four Oceans that is like a franchise offering lucrative part-time and full-time income.

Think I will pass until I can confirm actual clean-up occurs and how the $ are spent.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NewQ: Do people have to pay money to post stuff on youtube? And if I am watching a stream, like the tinykittens one, does it cost them money for me to be watching their "channel"? And is it considered a channel?

As you can see I don't really get "The Youtube" as Provenza would say, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Youtube is free. If someone has a very popular channel or video, they can enter the program where youtube puts adverts on your videos and the uploader will get paid for people watching their video. A lot of people make a living from putting videos on youtube that get a lot of views.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Another newQ: I normally receive notification of facebook posts in my email and now all of a sudden it seems I am not getting them.

I went into settings but I can't figure out where/how to make sure that happens, does anyone know? TIA.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NewQ:

Is there a mosquito repellent, like a citronella candle, that I can make from stuff around the house?

I was thinking that there is probably going to be a lot of mosquito's around my house/balcony and I don't have any candles yet. Thought there might be something else I could make.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Not an answer but do the candles work?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They have in the past, I had several and when I was on the balcony I didn't get bit, so I am presuming they work, LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I bought a citronella plant from Home Depot - sure hope it is effective!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I always read that citronella doesn't work. (Sorry.)

Last year, when I was researching to see what repellent would work that didn't have chemicals in it, I came up with Lemon Eucalyptus being the only thing that is effective.

I bought Repel Lemon Eucalyptus spray at Target. It really does work! I was being eaten alive in the vegetable garden in the mornings.

The other thing I found out was that it was better to buy a commercial brand than just buying the oil. It has something to do with getting the stuff to stay stabile and be effective.

I wish I could find the articles I did last year on this subject, but here is one from consumer reports. link

Anyway, that's my 2 cents on the subject. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well at least I'll get the enjoy the plant...LOL!

My daughter has read that lemon balm has an adverse reaction on mosquitos. I have a bunch of it growing in my Garden Post (it is kind of overtaking its container as a matter of fact) that I might transplant closer to my sitting area in my yard. Can't hurt, right? At the very least that area of the yard will smell really nice.