TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 12, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 12, 2017 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I normally receive notification of facebook posts in my email and now all of a sudden it seems I am not getting them.

Sorry, just saw this.

Settings
Notifications (on the PC on the left side of the screen)
You'll get a list of four areas, choose:
Email - edit

The settings

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna, I was in the wrong area, and I thought I had looked everywhere!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 04, 2017 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: I have been meaning to ask if anyone has tried the food delivery apps? I have been planning to do a comparison but they want you to sign up before you get to the cost.

Anyway I have identified plated.com, blue apron, hello fresh, muchery, MarthasSeniorGourmet.com, Terraskitchen.com; and Purple Carrot.

So has anyone tried any of these?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 05, 2017 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't tried any of them, but the blue apron commercials on my local radio station have me seriously tempted...I might try it (and have my daughter actually do the cooking while she is home for the summer). I think it would be fun.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Question..

What should hubby and I do for one Saturday in June in Las Vegas?

Any recommendations for hotels on the strip that aren't too expensive but are still nice, or for shows?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I did a check on this around 5 months ago. My stay, though, for 2 nights (but one night ok too). It was not on a sat....weeknights...and not in June. However it the Venetian hotel. Around $180. I like to use trip advisor for advice. Many photographs of rooms, etc. no advice on shows.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was wondering about Mat Franco, the musician from AGT...

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, May 09, 2017 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Are Donny & Marie still there?
It was a delightful show a few years ago and Donny is my first crush so I am loyal. I was able to meet them and Donny shook the very hand with which I am typing.
Penn & Teller also had a good show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It looks like Donny and Marie don't do Saturdays (or at least the Saturday in question).

Right now I'm thinking Mat Franco (who's a MAGician, not a MUSician like I previously typed) and staying at Ceasar's, as it's a big central hotel and not as expensive as some others. The Venetian looks nice but it's not as central.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I liked Caesars when we stayed there but it was years ago, as I recall they have a great spa and a nice pool area.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Mom, sis and I stayed there back around 1968. We were dropped off by a tow truck right in front of the entrance (picked up from the desert). I remember Mom being next to driver. Sis and I facing backwards....so everyone on the strip was staring at me (well, that's how it felt.) . To top it off, Mom had to carry in a crate of tomatoes. I was so sick from the heat.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, Abby! I bet that turned some heads! I haven't been there for a few years but every time I go something major has changed, it must be completely unrecognisable from 1968.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Luckily I was too sick to notice. My mom, on the other hand, must have been mortified. Only reason, she wasn't in her "dress clothes". Earlier that day we stopped of at my aunt,s home in a small town ....on way to vegas. Mom's brother in law was mayor of that town.....and he owned a big fruit packing house. I guess he had connections w/someone at ceasersc....otherwise, I doubt we would have stayed there ($$$). That's how mom ended up w/up crate of tomatoes. (Car broke down between Brawley and vegas)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, swooon!!! hope you never washed that hand! lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I bought Donny Osmond a cookie once. ;)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I will ask the obvious Mame, what kind of cookie did Donnie want?

Abby7

07-17-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
I betcha' one cookie it was chocolate chip.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That is what I would want somebody to buy me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Mame that is awesome!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I didn't wash my hand for as long as possible Pamy.
My husband arranged for front table seats, going to sound check and meet and great.
I was standing by the stage during the sound check and said that this was a 25 year dream come true. Donny stopped what he was doing came over to me asked my name, shook my hand and I think we chatted a minute. I have pictures where he is a handsome man and I am a grinning idiot.
The concert turned many middle aged women back into 13 year old girls. It was GREAT!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Sugar. what an awesome memory!!!! He is really a great guy!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, May 11, 2017 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, you kids. I have a strong (but perhaps false?) recollection of going to some kind of state fair in some state when I was a young adult and seeing this whole passel of singing stair-step kids, all from the same Mormon family, and thinking how quaint and amusing it was. I felt slightly sorry for the kids. That very well could have been the Osmond Family? It would have been late 60's/early 70's.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 12, 2017 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It was the opening night of a play starring Maggie Smith in Lettice & Lovage. He was in the audience because he was here in Toronto rehearsing for his play Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor something or other. At the intermission I found myself standing behind him in line at the concession stand. I noticed he was wearing a Joseph leather jacket it was really cool and so I piped-up and teased him and said who do you have to know to get one of those and he turned around and joked back with me and then it was his turn at the concession so I offered to pay for his cookie and no I do not remember what it was but I do remember for sure it was a cookie and I did pay for it and he thanked me he was startled and thankful. It's a nice memory and he really is a doll-baby he really really is a doll baby.

Abby7

07-17-2002

Friday, May 12, 2017 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Abby7 a private message Print Post    
Taking my cookie and going home....the bet is off.

Juju, did you at least offer water to those kids you felt sorry for...I hope so.