TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: Cakes, confections, cookies, etc.: Archive through September 22, 2010 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I love it. That is just excellent, Escapee. You have a real cake-making talent.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, February 24, 2010 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Cute!! Love the details, especially on the leafs and tree trunk!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That looks yummalicious!

Twinkie

09-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2010 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twinkie a private message Print Post    
Escapee, you are so talented! That cake is adorable.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, February 26, 2010 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So Escapee, girlfriend... my birthday is in June. I love flowers. And pinks, purples, and greens. Hint hint! :-)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Costa, if I could ship you a cake and ensure it would get there without being destroyed, I would.

On another note:
I've updated my blog:

http://theconfectionist.blogspot.com

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The Hello Kitty cake is great! Very imaginative.

By the way, "portable pies" are called "pasties." They're very common in Britain. They were used to take down the mines, because the meal was sealed inside, like an early version of a sandwich. They even had one end of the pasty with the meat and potatoes part, and one end with something sweet in, for afters.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Bridies are the ones with the meat and potatoes. I've made those too, so good.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Escapee, you could personally deliver it. Hint hint! :-)

BTW, the makers of Cornish pasties are trying to get Protected Name status. So that only CORNISH pasties get that name. And they are distinguished by a crimped side and a "D" shape. Just sayin'...

I can't remember what pasties are called in Australia. Meat pies, maybe? But I thought there was another name.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
just became a fan of the blog! great work!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Hey - We have pasties in Michigan, too because we also had miners! Ours our crimped, in the D shape and are known for having rutabaga with the meat and potatoes.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Costa, if I could afford to travel again this year, you know that I would be right there in San Diego, soaking up the sun and beautiful weather with you. I loved it there. I mean, being on a Marine base at that time helped....yowza.

I would love to take a yearly vacation to SD. We will be back in the So-Cal area next March if I am done with school.

Hey, thanks for becoming a fan!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
<pout>

And you make kitty kat kakes, too!

:-)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
That one was a huge hit last night. The inside was pink with strawberry filling, which was a little grotesque actually when cut into, but it was good!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'd settle for lemon. With a lovely lemon curd inside. And it'd match the kitty kat on the outside! :-)

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Matt and I just finished decorating some Bunny Cupcakes for dessert tonight.

Landileigh

07-29-2002

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
those are really cute!

Sia

03-10-2002

Monday, April 05, 2010 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Those bunny cupcakes are darling, Cinnamongirl! The ears look like you may have cut marshmallows with wet scissors, then dipped the marshmallows into pink sugar, but I can't tell. Please tell me how you made those. Love them!!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, April 05, 2010 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
You're right Sia. I cut the marshmellows with scissors (NOT wet) and they curled a bit. The inside was sticky enough for the pink sugar to stick to. Super easy. I got the recipe at www.bettycrocker.com Love that site, especially for baking.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Escapee, your blog is delicious! I very rarely "become a fan" but your's was definitely worth it!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Awh, thanks Roxip! I have my first paying wedding cake this weekend and I am so nervous!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Whoo hoo! Congrats!!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 18, 2010 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
For years I have been making frosting with powered sugar, butter and milk and sometimes a bit of vanilla. The last 2 times I've made this frosting, it has been really sweet. At first I thought that I had just gotten used to butter cream frosting while I was taking my cake decorating classes, however, I took cookies to work and a couple people agreed the cookies were very sweet.
Does anyone have any ideas how to cut the sweetness? I can't figure out why this is happening. Maybe a different brand of powered sugar?

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Friday, June 18, 2010 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
A little lemon juice perhaps? And don't forget a dash of salt.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Banana bread!!! I'm up to my gazangas in it, I picked up about 20 ripe bananas for a dollar the other day and figured that was my sign from God to learn how to make banana bread. So far I've made four different recipes - some with more sugar, less flour; one with honey instead of sugar; some with baking powder; some with just baking soda (no powder). Have used about a cup (maybe a little more) of mashed banana in each, and frankly they all taste close to the same (even the one made with honey). The one with baking powder and soda rose a bit better/was a little bit lighter than the others.

I have enough bananas for a couple of more loafs. Does anyone have a great banana bread recipe I can try? (I haven't tried putting nuts or chocolate into any of them because I'm still figuring out how this works. At least I haven't burned or undercooked any yet).